Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-11, 01:18 AM   #1
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser
Default Kid's say the darndest things!

Just a funny double header moment I thought shared with Dyl and Tan the other night.

Dylan was in the batting cage and finished up. The coach finished up with him and they were gathering the balls in the cage and I hear Dyl say, "Hey Daddy, look at my ball skin!" I didn't even want to turn around and Tan says, "Hey Daddy, look at Dylan's ball skin". I mustered the strength to turn around and he was holding the cover from a baseball. I looked over at Flea and she was already doubled over and I fell out. And Dylan was just standing there saying what is so funny about ball skin. It was just one of those moments you know. And that is the kind of humor you have to deal with around us.

Then later we are at the game and Tan had Flea's iPhone. He was watching Lego men videos on youtube. No harm done you would think. Well, I walked off a minute and returned and thought I heard the word @ss come on the phone. I asked Tanner if they said a bad word and he said no. I guess I should have checked. So I just shrugged it off and watched the game. About a minute later, Tan stands up and turns to me. When he said, hey daddy, you know what they just said? My spider sense hit red alert, but I did not heed the warning. My first instinct was to cover his mouth because the kid's voice carries like a bell. But like I said, I failed to do what my instincts told me to do and he blurts out, "They said shut up you stupid @ss hole." You could of heard a pin drop in the stands. He knew he had said something bad the way I looked at him and just busted out crying. I felt sorry for him, and advised the repercussions if I ever heard it fall out of his mouth again. But he still has some innocence and I don't think he really knew what he was saying. I heard a lady behind me try to whisper to her friend, did you hear what he said. I think I embarrassed her when I blew her cover and said, lady, I think everyone in the park heard him. I was embarrassed enough to share the wealth though. But I got a chuckle out of it for some reason.
Old 05-04-11, 01:37 AM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

LOL my day is coming soon.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 01:41 AM   #3
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Yes it is!
Old 05-04-11, 06:50 AM   #4
keithdog

It's easy to sit here laughing as I had my share of such moments watching my boys grow up. Like when I was carrying Matt from the car into the grociery store one day when he was about 2. His mom had apparently taught him the names of various body parts as Matt had been curious about whats called what. Anyways, as we were approaching a woman who was leaving the store and well endowed, and apparently cold, "get my drift?", when Matt points and announces loadly, "look daddy, NIPPLES!" I about died and turned several shades of red. Luckily the woman had a good sense of humor and got a good laugh out of it. Yeah, you never know whats going to come from the mouth of a child.
Old 05-04-11, 05:25 PM   #5
bamabassman

SORRY BUBBA...LAUGHING REALLY HARD AT THIS.

it is funny, but the kid was embarrassed enough NOT to get any discilplin i think. he got it from the embarrament enough i think.

reminds me of thr first time i saw the "f" word written ont he bathroom wall in elementary school. i go home, and sitting at the dinner table witht he whole family, my ol pop asks."son, have you learned anything new today?" i said what we did in school (i am in the 3rd grade now ok?) then i said,"dad, what does f--- mean?" everyone just looked at me, except my younger sister who knew less than i did, older brother and sister knew but didn't tell me. then dad says," meet me in oyur bedroom after oyu finish dinner and don't say another word till then."

talk about eating SLOW........i just KNEW i was going to get the butt WHUPPING of my life and didn't even know why. but he came in and gave my brother and i the "talk". hahahahaha, after he finished, he asked,"do you have any questions?" i said,"no sir......think i learned too much today dad." they still roll on the floor laughing aobut that day.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.