Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-11, 06:53 PM   #1
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson
Default My Great Danes are moving!

;(
The people who rent my basement are buying a house, and should be moving out any day now.

2 problems with this. First of all, they've been great renters. They even brought me banana bread a time or 2!

The other problem is, they're taking their dogs with them ;(. Those dogs are great. Major and Otis. Major is always tethered when outside, but Otis isn't, since hw won't go anywhere without Major.

Whenever Otis is outside and spots me, he comes gallopin up to say hi. He'll come up on my deck and look in the window at me, or talk to me through the screen, if he feels like he's being ignored

Too bad they generally only go about 7 years. Danes are really fantastic dogs. As long as you remember to shield your sensitive parts when they come runnin at you!
Old 07-10-11, 11:17 PM   #2
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I agree, my neighbor has a Great Dane that lives outside in Mississippi. Max always comes over to say hi. Just protect yourself and be ready to get a little dirty. He's such a nice dog, a true gentle giant. I also appreciate the fact that he is always wandering around my yard and if a potential thief is driving by and doesn't know how nice he is, they might think twice after seeing such a big dog.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-11, 05:24 AM   #3
1/4 stick

Yup very good dogs. and do love to come running to ya. I used to work for a contractor who had one. One day that fella had to go take care of some building fees/permits and stuff. He left me there to organize and clean the work truck. Was on a step ladder washing the top when my foot slipped and I feel off the ladder. Was laying there on my face with a sprained wrist when here comes the dane... I swear I thought he was gonna turn me into a different type of man before I could get him off me and get on my feet. lmao
Old 07-11-11, 08:03 PM   #4
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4 stick View Post
Yup very good dogs. and do love to come running to ya. I used to work for a contractor who had one. One day that fella had to go take care of some building fees/permits and stuff. He left me there to organize and clean the work truck. Was on a step ladder washing the top when my foot slipped and I feel off the ladder. Was laying there on my face with a sprained wrist when here comes the dane... I swear I thought he was gonna turn me into a different type of man before I could get him off me and get on my feet. lmao
You ain't right!!! LMAO
Old 07-16-11, 11:59 AM   #5
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

I said my goodbyes to Otis and Major last night. Brought tears to my eyes ;(
Supposedly, I'll be invited to their housewarming party tho, so I'll see them again
Old 07-16-11, 06:37 PM   #6
bamabassman

tell them the dogs gotta stay for back pay they owe you man. lol. sorry for real mike. take them a couple of bones to chew on at their new home.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.