Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-07, 07:17 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default cordless kill switches..

yep not making this up.. these are used mainly on salty boats but seeing bass boats are going much faster -not to mention much harder to get back into-think it would be a cool thing to have..
http://www.boatus.com/foundation/fin...ag_Article.pdf

zooker
Old 06-05-07, 07:58 PM   #2
weaverml34
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Zook,

Thanks for the article. I've been looking for different lanyard type cut off switches. The only one I've found so far was at my local Gander Mtn. and I was to impressed with it.
weaverml34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-07, 04:24 PM   #3
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Good ideas. If I ever get a fast boat, I'll pick one up. NOw all I need is the fast boat.......
Old 06-07-07, 01:45 AM   #4
FlyRod

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbassman View Post
Good ideas. If I ever get a fast boat, I'll pick one up. NOw all I need is the fast boat.......
FBM,

If you own ANY gasoline-powered boat, regardless of size or horsepower, if the engine CAN be fitted with a kill-switch, DO IT NOW.
The first (sadly, there have been more than one,) victim if a runaway boat I saw was a mid-twenties young lady who was killed by a 7.5 HP motor on a lake in Kansas. She had fallen out somehow, along with her boyfriend.
The boat circled and killed her. She had on a life preserver and could not shed it in time to dive.
I saw the body and she looked as though someone had worked her over with a machete from the back of one calf up to her head. Not pretty, though she once had been pretty.
The young man escaped injury but was so traumatized by what he had witnessed that the Army had to put him in the "rubber room" for quite some time.
Then there was the one at Falcon Lake, and the one at a lake in Kentucky, and one more in Vietnam. That's four, which is four too many.
Just do it!

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-07, 03:23 PM   #5
bassnman30

Don't let your crankin battery go dead from having the kill switch unhooked while trying to crank the boat. I walked to the front my boat with the switch hooked up. (That cord is only so long).
After I realized what the problem was I hooked it back up. The bottum line is that I still had a dead battery.
Call it ignorance or stupid, one thing is for sure, it'll never happen again (I hope)!
Old 06-16-07, 07:42 AM   #6
1FASTLASER

I TOTALLY agree with Flyrod. ALL and did I mention ALL outboard motors can have a kill switch installed. Some are easier than others. On the subject of the wireless I might add that I cant put anything wireless on my boat. Its not feasible to me. We as fisherman all ready have problems with wiring sometimes on a daily dose if it isnt taken care of. I have seen wireless devices on boats before AND THEY DO FAIL. Look at the wireless remotes for trollers. I can see it now with the wireless kill switch.......you get up and walk to the front of the boat and the motor continues to run you look at the kill switch and it says"LOST SIGNAL".......LMAO I dont think so.
Old 06-17-07, 10:37 PM   #7
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Agree 100%-use that kill switch. My big engine does not get started unless the kill switch is attached. Period.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.