Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-09, 10:29 AM   #1
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Broken foot & the bait monkey!!!

I have a broken foot from what i don't know. But yes it seams to be broken. That did'nt stop me from going to Bps yesterday. Baught a hummingbird 210 fishfinder for the kayak. baught a rattling rap. a 5/16 blue fox big fish spinner in blood red. 2 boxes of spot removers. 2 boxs of yum big money craws. Oh & a new BPS T-shirt at the checkout. Even when your disabled the dang monkey getz yeahh.
Old 01-20-09, 03:10 PM   #2
REDBULLCUBAN
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to REDBULLCUBAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
I have a broken foot from what i don't know. But yes it seams to be broken. That did'nt stop me from going to Bps yesterday. Baught a hummingbird 210 fishfinder for the kayak. baught a rattling rap. a 5/16 blue fox big fish spinner in blood red. 2 boxes of spot removers. 2 boxs of yum big money craws. Oh & a new BPS T-shirt at the checkout. Even when your disabled the dang monkey getz yeahh.

haha in the gaming world we call that getting OWNED!! haha hope the foots better b4 season
Old 01-20-09, 03:16 PM   #3
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
Srry to hear about the foot, but if you have to break one the off season is the time. I feel you on the monkey also, I just made a tackle warehouse order for my new rod, plus a few of the "Manns the weasel". Then I needed some hooks, sinkers, smelly jelly, spro frog, and a jig or 2. It just kind of snowballed out of my control.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-09, 05:02 PM   #4
Lilmoosecountry

looked at the quantum KVD rods. What a piece of over priced junk. Not even the monkey could tempt me. Man a 20.00 cherrywood is built better than that thing.
Old 01-20-09, 07:52 PM   #5
Captmikestarrett

Is the big toe sore to touch?

Did it throb and hurt all night?

If so you have gout..

My second flare up I went to the doc and they xrayed it and found no broken bones.. Later next year the other foot did the same thing.. that is when I put it all together ... gout..

It has been 6 years since my last flare up till last week. Toe is still black and blue..

Capt Mike
Old 01-20-09, 07:55 PM   #6
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

this welder i work with gets it alot, look painful
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-09, 08:13 PM   #7
Captmikestarrett

My first attack was in Cancun Mexico. I was fishing for tarpon in the mangroves south of the city in a ponga that was very tippy. I fished for four days in the backwaters with a guide who spoke no english. On the third day I did the infamous Tequila tasting with 12 shots of different Tequila. On the fourth my ankle and foot swelled up so big my sandals did not fit. I was doing the karate kid thing all day on the front platform of that boat.

I decided to tough thru it and I soaked in the pool bar for the next two days..

Great trip and I must say that ignorance is bliss sometimes..
Now I know why it happens.

Capt Mike
Old 01-20-09, 08:15 PM   #8
bamabassman

lisa (wife) has gout, takes meds for it. sorry about your foot man, broke mine senior year, football. bout tore off the guys head cuz he wouldn't let go. beat his head with my helmet,lol. i think he was scared to take his off or let go of my foot. hope yours heals quickly pal.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-09, 08:21 PM   #9
islandbass

Man, I feel for you. I broke my ankle last spring and I am lucky to still be able to walk. It took 3 months to heal, 1 month with a boot and another to try to "walk" normally. Another to be able to run with it.

If you're seeing a doctor, listen to his or her words to a T. You're right about the bait monkey. He don't care what's broken. He'll always tempt us.
Old 01-20-09, 08:25 PM   #10
bamabassman

shoot man...now that you are "laid up" so to speak, that ol monkey is gonna really make you buy stuff. computers are the monkeys invention...i swear it. lol
Old 01-21-09, 05:41 PM   #11
Lilmoosecountry

Not as fun going to the store to play with it. I mean the tackle.
Old 01-21-09, 08:00 PM   #12
bamabassman

hahaha moose, yea we KNOW WHAT you REALLY MEAN, LMAO.
Old 01-21-09, 09:08 PM   #13
quenston
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The bait monkey shows no mercy! Back in the end of August I had a heart attack and that landed me in the hospital for five days well I was in ccu for 2 days and then when I got out the wife brought my laptop and then there he was ended up spending 150 bucks the first. so that d#@m bait monkey dont care where you are or what is wrong with you!!
quenston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-09, 06:40 PM   #14
Lilmoosecountry

Well the baitmonkey bit again. This time with one of the best swimbaits makers in the world. I baught myself a Jerry Rago. Wonder what wifey is going to say when i tell i dropped 85.00 on this one. Look on the web & find a Rago bait. They are hard to come by. I still want a 4 piece Jerry Rago Tool. http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descp...RAGO-JRSR.html
Old 01-23-09, 06:47 PM   #15
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

I thought Sassy Shad was the best?

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-09, 10:22 AM   #16
Lilmoosecountry

When it comes to soft plastic. Yes the sassy shad is king in my opinion. Jerry Rago is a custom lure maker. None of his stuff is mass produced. So your paying mostly for his time. But he does awesome work. I can use this bait & sell it to the right guy for what i payed for it. There that hard to come by.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.