Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-09, 09:07 PM   #1
The Bateman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Team BassinBrits catch 144 Bass!!!!

The British have again stormed the colonies and attempted to catch all our bass! When I saw Jack and Doreen's post, that they would be visiting the colonies looking to catch some bass, I couldn't resist the temptation to show them what some real American bass fishing is like. We launched on the first lake at about 9:45 am, and didn't get a hit for the first 5 minutes Oh no! Was this going to be a below 50 bass day? Just a slow spot. I nailed a couple on a Rapala Husky jerk, and then they got bumps on their Texas rigged worms, but missed. A couple more bumps, and Jack had his first bass. Doreen was swinging and missing. I had to explain that these weren't no sissy English carp, with these fish you have to lay into them like you're trying to jerk their eyeballs out of their heads! Before long, she's nailing them from the back of the boat. We fished the hot spots in this lake for a couple of hours and caught 40 bass, but nothing much over 2 lbs. So it was time to try one of the other 3 lakes. I knew that we could not only catch numbers in the next lake, but also have a chance at a big one. Jack got on the bass right away, following my advice to fish the cattails. Doreen opted for the 12- 16 foot deep water, and caught fewer, but somewhat larger bass. By about 3 pm, we were approaching our 100th bass, but still nothing over 3 lbs. Jack caught number 100, while Doreen continued to fish the deeper water, looking for a bigger fish. Suddenly Doreen sets the hook and her drag starts screaming! We can see the line coming to the surface as this 5 lb 4 oz beauty leaps out of the water!

Doreen fought it beautifully, till it finally slipped into the net. Not to be outdone, Jack landed this beauty:

Sorry Jack! She's gonna be tough to live with. Hopefully you'll get another chance before you head back to the Motherland. I managed a 5 lb 6 oz fish on the Husky Jerk. The cool thing was, I saw the bass hit it about 3 feet under the water and set the hook before the line even went tight.

It was a great day of fishing and fellowship, and I thoroughly enjoyed the BassinBrits company!
Old 01-26-09, 09:19 PM   #2
abu4600

Man that's great. ya'll really wore em out.
abu4600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-09, 09:22 PM   #3
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Hey Jack I'm surprised that monster didn't break your line--that's a great day of fishing guys.
Old 01-26-09, 09:28 PM   #4
MIbasser

Great job!!

I'm watching it snow now.... This sucks
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-09, 09:50 PM   #5
woody

Hands down! This has to be the best post that I have read tonight!

Bateman, here's a shout out to you for what you've done with all your Great Southern Hospitality! Thats definitely what its all about!

And Congrats to both of you Jack and Doreen for getting out there and LIVING IT UP, and Jack I have an idea as to what Doreen might be saying right about now "Size Does Matter!" when it comes to fishing, am I right. Thats the way to go after em Doreen. Best wishes.

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-09, 09:50 PM   #6
Love of the Sport

Fantastic fishing.
Love of the Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-09, 09:56 PM   #7
rangerryan

short sleeves that must be nice it is sleeting and raining and its 22 degrees out right now.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-09, 10:03 PM   #8
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

oh man the brits done got up in the bass fever now...hope ya told them that come june they'd have to fight all day to catch a single bass...

way to go ya 'll...jack piece of advice ya better hang a 10 pounder next time..

btw currant weather in london is 28F or 5C and foggy tomarrow forcast is callin fer rain and a high of 45F or 12C... ya got ta love flordia in january huh??

zooker

Last edited by zooker; 01-26-09 at 10:09 PM.
zooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-09, 10:18 PM   #9
BassinBrits
BassFishin.Com Member

Default A very memorable day - thankyou Rick.

Great posting Rick about our fantastic day together. We truly thank you for such a wonderful day, your great hospitality and the great fishing tips you gave us.

I look forward to fishing in your company again and the opportunity to catch something a little bigger. lol's Jack
Old 01-26-09, 10:24 PM   #10
carolina-rig-01

man that sure looks nice, we are in the middle of a bad ice storm at the moment so no fishing here.
Old 01-26-09, 11:09 PM   #11
bamabassman

NOW THIS IS WHAT I CALL BEING A GREAT MEMBER!!!! bateman....thank you for helping our "over the big pond" members and fantastic new friends. mr and mrs brits.....so very glad that you folks had a fantastic time. great fishing. great fish. mr brit, uh.. i DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR YA, HAHAHAHAHA. kidding of course. but believe me i know how ya feel after landing that whopper of a fish next to the mrs,hehehe. hope ya'll can come back....maybe even STAY on yer next trip. possible? ya'll are fantastic people and i for one LOVE YA!!!

this gang is what this is SUPPOSED to be all about. HELPING a fellow member and friend. i am so extremily proud to have these folks to talk to and about. SPREAD THE WORD BASSBRITS!!!! and next visit, come here and i'll take ya'll out. most likely you won't catch NEAR as many or not as big. but i will GLADLY take ya'll out with me.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-09, 12:07 PM   #12
BassinBrits
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks BamaBassman for your welcome and the kind offer you've made. We might arrive on your doorstep one day.

This forum is a great place with some really helpful members who have been very welcoming. Thanks to y'all and it's great to have some banter with you.

We're here for another couple of months yet so I'll try and catch a bigger bass. lol's
Old 01-27-09, 01:47 PM   #13
rodman rat

How is it that I have lived in Florida my whole life and have never caught that many bass let alone all in one day, and THE BRITS come and look what the pull up! WELL I'LL BE DAMN!
rodman rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-09, 03:02 PM   #14
aikenyounggun

Are you fishing ponds of something? Where you at? i mean really that many fish, thats amazing if you are on a big lake.
aikenyounggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-09, 04:02 PM   #15
The Bateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenyounggun View Post
Are you fishing ponds of something? Where you at? i mean really that many fish, thats amazing if you are on a big lake.
Private lakes in a secret location surrounded by electrified fence, and armed Blackwater guards.
And here they are celebrating Doreen's bass:
Old 01-27-09, 05:35 PM   #16
flbassman

Fantastic! Glad yall had such a great time!
Old 01-27-09, 06:39 PM   #17
rangerryan

more ice and snow here...............i actually could not make it in to work today.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-09, 07:00 PM   #18
The Bateman

Default Perfect here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerryan View Post
more ice and snow here...............i actually could not make it in to work today.
Low this mornng 58
High 79
Bright sunshine
56% humidity
Sitting on my back poarch in my t-shirt and shorts with a glass of ice tea

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.