Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-06, 05:29 PM   #1
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default What is Happening?

Well guys i havent had much time to post over the last couple of weeks becasue ive been tearing up the fish at a local res...here's the situation, Over the past 3 weeks i was catching them right and left on everything i would throw (cranks, rat-l-traps, Spinnerbaits, topwaters, plastics), now there is nothing to be found, i have walked the res. for the past 3 nights now, stopping and fishing alot of lures, but all i have to show for three evenings of fishing is 4 small bass between 9 and 12 inches (all the ones i was catching were from 12 to 20 inches... so heres my question: WHERE HAVE ALL OF THEM GONE?

Thank You

Ryan
Old 07-09-06, 05:34 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Join the club~ I 've been fishing all week and getting the same size, plus running every thing in the tacklebox in front of big bass, but they won't touch it.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-06, 05:38 PM   #3
ROBZILLA

Thing is It's getting hotter and bass get fussy some time they go for deeper water. Triggering bass in hot water or temps can be hard to do. Something to think about is go later at night or early,early in the morning. Try top water baits at night conditions. Try live bait as well. you got to out smart them think where they will be at certian times of the day pending on what conditions your in. hope this might help you.
Old 07-09-06, 07:07 PM   #4
HulaPopr

I dunno, action hasn't slowed down for me at all. Work the grass lines in the early morning and evening, fish heavey cover and structure during the day. If you're lucky enough to get into some schoolies, x-rap will produce well.
HulaPopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-06, 07:42 PM   #5
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

its summer, thats what happens
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-06, 07:43 PM   #6
LoneStarAngler07
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to LoneStarAngler07

well you have to take in account of all reactions, if the wind direction has changed, whether the water is choppy or still, and the temp of the water.then when you have all of that into account you should have a much easier time finding the fish.
Old 07-09-06, 07:49 PM   #7
JB

well thats one thing for sure, not much chop on the water, even when the winds blowing, and last year when it got this way I scored with the tiki sticks in 9ft + water, so again this year I try that same area, depth, bait, but nothing but the junior size dinks lol
Old 07-09-06, 09:18 PM   #8
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
well thats one thing for sure, not much chop on the water, even when the winds blowing, and last year when it got this way I scored with the tiki sticks in 9ft + water, so again this year I try that same area, depth, bait, but nothing but the junior size dinks lol
2 words, NIGHT FISHING

Or c-rig them on points. Crank them on drop offs. Or go deep, deep, deeeeeeepppppppp into the heavy cover. Also if your fishing anything with a current. Then fish the first major drop off in the channel. These always seemed to work up north. They also seem to work down south. The fish are deeper or in deeper cover. Night fishing is your best option for bigger fish, because they will feed at night IMHO.

Lizards
Old 07-09-06, 09:28 PM   #9
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenDammit
its summer, thats what happens
Yep. Yesterday the water was 81 degrees at 6:15 and at 2 it was 85 and I saw water as warm as 87. Deep water time, girls. Offshore structure. Break out the C-rig.

Or take Lizard's suggestion-night fishing. I haven't done much but Flyrod is a big proponent of it so I'm going to give it a run before too long.
Old 07-09-06, 09:31 PM   #10
JB

did some one say deeP? lol ok i'll try, cus i like to sleep at night, not fish..
Old 07-10-06, 12:08 PM   #11
LSUTiger
BassFishin.Com Member

Night Fishing is clutch right now.

My partner and I are catcing bass between midnight and 2 in the morning off docks that surround the lake. Another thing we are noticing is lit docks. If you can find a dock that has a light on the water, there's probably some shad in the area, and therefore some bass underneath all that.

We've pulled in 6 fish over 4 lbs. in the last few weeks of night fishing.
LSUTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-06, 12:13 PM   #12
H2O
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUTiger
Night Fishing is clutch right now.

My partner and I are catcing bass between midnight and 2 in the morning off docks that surround the lake. Another thing we are noticing is lit docks. If you can find a dock that has a light on the water, there's probably some shad in the area, and therefore some bass underneath all that.

We've pulled in 6 fish over 4 lbs. in the last few weeks of night fishing.

Did you still fish on cover, or just open water? Thanks.
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-06, 12:24 PM   #13
LSUTiger
BassFishin.Com Member

As of right now, we still haven't left the docks. We have a pattern right now that takes right at about 2 hrs. to fish, and that pattern only includes about 8-10 docks with lights on them. Once this pattern stops being so successful, we might think about looking for other types of cover, but there's no reason so far.
LSUTiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.