Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-11, 10:47 PM   #1
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Spool Pin Pliers

I know allot of guys that I have talked to are working on their own reels more and more. One of the more daunting tasks when cleaning bearings is removing the pin that holds the bearing in place on the spool. It is easy to bend the pin or slip off of it and possibly damage an expensive spool.

I recently seen an add for a pair of pliers that are designed in such a way to make removing the pin easy. I ordered a pair of the pliers and have removed several pins since receiving them. They are easy use and make this task easy.

If you think you want to start cleaning your own bearings, I highly recommend these pliers. They will make your reel cleaning allot easier.

http://www.smoothdrag.com/Spool_Bear...al_Pliers.html
Old 09-10-11, 10:51 PM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Sweet, I made a pair similar to the pair used in a bearing changing tutorial on TT. They work, but not easily. How much were these?

BB
Old 09-10-11, 11:03 PM   #3
Tavery5

They were like $35, I thought it was expensive until I started looking at all the machine work the guy has put into these. They are very well designed and work like a charm.
Old 09-10-11, 11:19 PM   #4
Jrob78

Very nice. I'm using the pair I got from Kevin, they are working great and I've had no problems with them. It's nice to know there is another option should I ever need it though.
Old 09-11-11, 01:00 PM   #5
boloson
BassFishin.Com Active Member

tav i have the same pair. this guy name "reelspeed" made them. he's a member on many fishing forums & smoothdrag is just one of the vendors that started carrying them. works like a charm these pliers. dont think i wouldve been able to remove my pin without em. bought mine from dawn also
boloson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 01:17 PM   #6
Tavery5

I have seen reelspeed post in couple other forums I visit. Dawn at smoothdrag is as nice as she is helpful, other retailers could take lessons from her in customer service. I have made my own pliers from duckbills, but I can tell you that they don't compare to these.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.