Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-05, 12:03 AM   #1
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default practice for Bass Masters story

Heard this story from my neighbor today. I was away for the weekend. I live right on the Monogahela River which is one of the rivers in PIttsburgh. One of the guys who is fishing in the Bass Masters was practicing around a boat clubs dock. One of the people who is a member of the boat club started to yell at whomever was fishing and told him to get away from their docks. They traded words, which I am not sure were. The member of the club jumped into the river and went after the fisherman. My neighbor said a fish warden was called and told the club members the boater has every right to fish around the docks as the water is not private property. I wasn't aware of the boaters name but he was the one who said he has already been shot at by a dock owner somewhere down south.
I can't believe the stupidity of some people. This is the one and only time the master will be held here in Pittsburgh. I can't wait to get down to Pittsburgh for the events. I hope to be there for the Sunday weigh in. I am a member of BASS and hope to be able to help in some manner.

Bob
Old 07-18-05, 12:14 AM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Bob, if I remember correctly it was Marty Stone that happened to. There was an article about it in the most recent issue of BASS Times. Have fun at the Classic-I'd love to go to one sometime.
Old 07-18-05, 12:50 AM   #3
Tnbasser
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Tnbasser
Angry

It also happened to Stacy King. People think they own the dock AND the water.Too much money I guess. Goes to thier heads. Glad nothing more came of it. I would hate to think it would get to the point I would have to wear kevlar under my tournament shirt. Now THAT would make for a hot day of fishing.

Charles
Tnbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-05, 06:47 AM   #4
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

That used to happen to Tony and me all the time on the ohio river, theres yacht and boat clubs that have a seperate pond that attaches off the river, a GREAT place to fish,

Theres always signs saying no fishing, we always hit them.
I can see the boat owners point of view, the lure hits thier boat, or canopy, or hooks leave holes on boat parts...
We have had all sorts of boat owners yell at us that we were trespassing.
Never have had the law called on us tho
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-05, 07:14 AM   #5
PowerBass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Wow, I wonder how bad it is gonna be on the Classic Date!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.