Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-09, 03:27 AM   #1
S4il
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default What Fluoro line works best for you?

So I'm a big fan of using floro, but recently i was getting some serious line twist using it on my new bait caster, on my spin caster its perfect, never have a problem with it, but it doesn't seem to like being thrown on a bait caster, more likely too get "loops knots" which form after minimal use, I'm talking maybe 50 or so cast after Re-Spooling new line onto my reel, I start seeing these loops forming, i spray reel magic, and it goes away for a while, but returns with a vengeance (lol) these loop knots will grab hold of And pinch the line from flowing out freely during my cast, you might be asking "what type of line am I'm using", that, is important!

The top 2 I've used the most.

Triliene 100% florocarbon 10-12lb

(or)

Trilene Transistion *gold* 10-12lb

(really not much difference between the two if you ask me)

i had one thought of why i keep getting burned with these 2 types of line, and that is Maybe its cause the stuff I've been buying has a long store shelf memory too it, its coming from walmart...and not many people would buy the trilene for 10.00 or more when 6.98 Shakespeare fishing line is reasonably cheaper, go figure (lol)

But I'm not really one to skimp out on using cheap equipment, and the line on that equipment i just as important, after all it's whats going to catch the fish, So I'm asking for anyone to give me some advice on trying out a new brand of floro fishing line, I've tried Stren, and trilene, both seem to fail after some use, I've also used suffix, and had *OK* if not better results with that, but I'm asking you, on a personal level, If in fact there a line that has never failed for you?

ER,.... Never is a big word, how about had "Minimal Issues" when using it.

I'm also attending the Tournament in Ky lake, KY, so maybe you guys can give me a few pointers on line, and how to better apply it, or perhaps prevent these "loops" from forming, my lure weight, and fall speeds are all set, my magnetic brakes are adjusted for the type of spool tension i want, and i know how to thumb a baitcaster, or i woudnt spend 215.00 for two reels in the past 2 months.

(for those who might of asked those questions.)

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.