Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-06, 07:34 AM   #26
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

wow now this is a nice debate... yep WTL your'e right i do change lures extremely often... last trip i tried to stick with a yum dinger but i got so bored of it that i decided to throw a rat-l-trap in a few minutes... stuck with that for the rest of the trip because i got a bite. and on the other hand, yes id really love to be successful. i havent landed a bass in so long. ive been cramming info from here and bassresource all winter. but you cant beat a price of under 300 bucks. everything else ive seen is 500 or above, and the other thing that are around 300 are inflatables. that would be a really long time inflating, and limit my fishing time. if i had a boat, i could cast almost anywhere i wanted! this is especially true at the thompson park lake...
perhaps i could put together a small diverse tackle box that takes up little space? like a box with one deep one middle and a shallow diving crankbait with 3 kinds fo soft plastics, 2 jerkbaits, 2 poppers and 2 spinnerbaits with 2 lipless? that way if i lose one i can keep fishing and try different things.

oh and what's academy? is that a shop? do they have a site?
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-06, 09:08 AM   #27
CarpMan
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankybait
what do you guys think of this?
http://www.porta-bote.com/
http://www.thefloattubestore.com/round.htm Cranky, You really don't need the porta bote. Trust me, it is not practical for you. Polly forced me to get a round float tube for her, she has lots of fun with it. It's perfect for pond fishing. It has a place for her tackle box, lunch, rods etc. and it's less than $100. You can also purchase flippers with it. Weighs less than 20 lbs. Check it out

Last edited by CarpMan; 06-04-06 at 09:50 AM.
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-06, 10:39 AM   #28
crankybait

how long does this take to inflate?
Old 06-04-06, 10:50 AM   #29
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

those are fun and a good way to sneak up on the critters, I am guessing it inflates like a innertube? The only drawback cranky, up in NJ, ya may have to wait for the water to warm up, or your nads may see signficant"shrinkage"
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-06, 11:02 AM   #30
crankybait

oh.. wouldnt want that to happen... perhaps one of the fish cats? http://www.thefloattubestore.com/uorv.htm

i can oar them. only problem i see is that theyd limit my fishing time with the inflation time
Old 06-04-06, 11:18 AM   #31
JB

that looks comfortable,

can you swim?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-06, 11:55 AM   #32
crankybait

yep i sure can
Old 06-04-06, 12:55 PM   #33
WTL

KenDammit, we are basically in agreement...Cranky needs to develope an understanding of bass behavior. We just disagree on the means.

I will put it like this. Take peewee football. Some coaches think they are friggin steve spurrier, and throw playbooks the size of phone books at 11-14 year old kids. THe successful ones tend top have about 4 or 5 offensive plays however, like run right, run left, run up the middle...really, really basic. The idea is its better to do 1 or 2 things well than a 100 things poorly. Now someone like you could critique this by saying that they are leaving tools, plays, lures that could in some circumstances work, out of the equation, and thats true, but given that we are talking about a fellow breaking into bass fishing I think its better he gets good at say soft plastics first...before he ever even considers worrying about deep diving crankbaits or topwater.

Cranky, try academy.com I think...its a big, big sports chain. Dicks has a similar selection.
Old 06-04-06, 02:56 PM   #34
crankybait

yep its academy.com thanks. ill see what theyve got. think it could beat the fishcat?
Old 06-04-06, 05:20 PM   #35
Christopherkeene9

This site will help you rig up that yak for some fishing!
Got my Canoe rigged up from there and a friend.

www.paddle-fishing.com
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-06, 04:55 AM   #36
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL
KenDammit, we are basically in agreement...Cranky needs to develope an understanding of bass behavior. We just disagree on the means.

I will put it like this. Take peewee football. Some coaches think they are friggin steve spurrier, and throw playbooks the size of phone books at 11-14 year old kids. THe successful ones tend top have about 4 or 5 offensive plays however, like run right, run left, run up the middle...really, really basic. The idea is its better to do 1 or 2 things well than a 100 things poorly. Now someone like you could critique this by saying that they are leaving tools, plays, lures that could in some circumstances work, out of the equation, and thats true, but given that we are talking about a fellow breaking into bass fishing I think its better he gets good at say soft plastics first...before he ever even considers worrying about deep diving crankbaits or topwater.

Cranky, try academy.com I think...its a big, big sports chain. Dicks has a similar selection.
What I'm really saying is that...don't limit yourself. We definitely are in agreement about the final goal..and while I think its ok to fish just soft plastics, I don't think a person should limit themselfs to just one kind of bait, ever..like just a plastic worm..or just a spinnerbait, or just a jig. I dunno, I guess I'm just of the philosophy that you have to find out what the fish want in order to learn about the fish...missing days of catching them are only holding back your learning process. I think that the changing baits thing that cranky does is just something that he has to work through in his head, before he hits water.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-06, 10:35 AM   #37
flbassman

CRanky- go to home depot and purchase a pond shell. I have a 100 gallon round style that I am going to fix up ( trolling motor, seat, inner tube etc.) They float pretty nice and they're cheap and easy to carry.
Old 06-11-06, 07:03 AM   #38
PowerBass

I am succesful and dont change every 20 minutes... I go wiht a gameplan and work on it as the day progresses...

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.