Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-07, 12:03 AM   #1
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144
Default More Reservior Fishing

My dad and me went to the normaly reservior we fish. around the end of July they put chemicals in it to kill the weeds, they made the water murky and we hadn't caught a bass since, until tonight!

All the dead weeds are now floating around as big floating slop piles. So I immediately went for the Spro Bronzeye Frog Jr. Nothing. I tried a Rapala Twitchin' Rap, nothing but weeds. Next, a Weedless Jig, apparently the jighead isn't very weedless. then a switched to a texas rigged YUM Craw Papi. nothing. I was messing around with it in the shallows, while my dad had a bass that ran right in front of me so i couldn't cast, and i yanked a little 2" bluegill out of the water. I put him back after a minute or so if searching 10" tall grass.

While I was getting Skunked, my dad planned on going to the larger of the two reserviors, the one with no weeds. so he had put a Cotton Cordel crank on his line. he threw it out a couple times with no luck, it dove too deep.

after that he switched to one of MY bandit crankbaits that he didn't think we should buy cause he likes to use his old lures. anyways, on his first cast, he got a small bass that threw the hook a couple feet from shore. He ended up not going to the weedless reservior but fishing in the small one with me. the next bass he caught was 16" and about 8" around. the next one was a long distance C&R anyways he continued to catch another 4 bass making the score
Me: one 2' bluegill
Him: 5 LM

Well I'm just glad one of us is catching fish again after they put the chemicals in it.
Old 08-14-07, 12:05 AM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I just used the weight calculator and the bass was 1.71 lb.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.