Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-12, 06:46 PM   #1
dk239
BassFishin.Com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 4
Default 997 si nvb

997 SI NVB with everything needed to install including a 1.5" Ram Mount.
$950.00
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheel off of left rear with burn marks 002.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	521.2 KB
ID:	8215  
dk239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 07:03 AM   #2
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
lilmule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Buchanan,Tn
Posts: 2,685
Default

Hate to the bearer of bad news ,no longer made,no support-long list of those.
On ebay as found on shelves some place they didnt sell out of also nib,pic has a date of 2006 that would be about right,cant replace even if covered by any warranty and doubt if it is,non transferable and out of date time wise.
Now sell a 998 si for same money unused different story,ill pay after delivery.

Last edited by lilmule; 09-25-12 at 11:07 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 02:01 PM   #3
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
Tavery5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 2,427
Default

If it had 819 hrs on it in 2006, what are the total hrs now over 6 years later?
__________________
They call me Ishmael
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 07:35 PM   #4
dk239
BassFishin.Com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 4
Default

The 2006 date is not the right date, I take the batteries out of the camera and when I put them back that is the default date. These units were not even made in 2006. This unit was purchased in May of 2009 and those hours are the actual hours on the unit.
These units are still supported by Humminbird.Seems as though you know nothing about these units so you probably couldn't operate it any way. Good luck trying to find someone to send you a unit without it being paid for!!!
dk239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 08:46 PM   #5
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
bassboogieman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Parkesburg, Pa.
Posts: 3,762
Default

Post #1 is a sale post.
Guy is new and has no clue.
Post #2 is a snotty reply.
Chances of selling that unit = ZERO.

Actually we find it pretty rude to join a forum to sell. Not many have enough faith in a first timer, too many scammers out there. So good luck with the sale, but I'm betting it won't happen here.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 08:55 PM   #6
dk239
BassFishin.Com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 4
Default

What do I not have a clue about? I've been coming to this forum for a while just never signed up. If you find it rude to post a sale on someones first post then maybe newbies should have to make a certain number of posts befroe posting sales. Didn't mean to cause an earthquake here. So just delete my post and I'll delete your forum.
dk239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 09:24 PM   #7
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
lilmule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Buchanan,Tn
Posts: 2,685
Default

Paypal option is to pay upon delivery that isnt a scam,paypal pays you and the buyer is guaranteed delivery as for not knowing birds have about 4 well acquainted with support to which there is little for anything over 3 years old.Notice it isnt for sale by bird anymore.
Cant blame anyone for thinking 2006 as that is what pic has a date of ?
Its a great unit but a lot of money and available with 800 some less hrs for same almost.Lots of hrs for 3 years at least you got your moneys worth.
One as nib on ebay currently 850 but isnt done as yet.People dont know you even though you have peeked in,as havnt posted prior.Delete the post isnt up to us,only a moderator,or poster as under edit.
Good luck with the sale

Last edited by lilmule; 09-25-12 at 09:39 PM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 09:25 PM   #8
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
bamabassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: cedar bluff, alabama
Posts: 15,292
Default

dk...we want to wlecome oyu to the site, really. but like bbogieman said, your FIRST post is to sell something? you said oyu've been coming on here for a while. why did oyu JSUT now sign up? and since oyu have been coming on here for a while, oyu would know that we don't like first time posters to sell something on their first post. we do NOT want to send oyu away, we WANT to welcome oyu and have you join in on the EVERYTHING. please understand. i hope oyu stay and join in on the forums. and i hope oyu seel your unit.
__________________
so many lures, so little time.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 09:46 PM   #9
dk239
BassFishin.Com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 4
Default

I know what paypal is, the 997 is now the 998. bamabassman thanks for the invite but no thanks.
dk239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 09:52 PM   #10
RustyFender
BassFishin.Com Member
 
RustyFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Deer Droppin Fl
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk239 View Post
What do I not have a clue about?.
Well it seems that someone with the skills to operate that 'bird could find a clue how to set their camera's date. Seems that a regular guest would definately have acquired a clue about this forums opinion of first post salesman. This is first and foremost an online community of like minded bass fisherman that enjoy learning, teaching and just plain old bass fishing fellowship. This is not Craigslist.
RustyFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-12, 05:52 AM   #11
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
lilmule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Buchanan,Tn
Posts: 2,685
Default

The 997 is now the 998.Your kidding right,took its place in line still being made much faster processor.
And while support will tell you how to download an upgrade to software they wont fix anything not being made as dont even have parts not like cars where req to have parts for ten years after.
As for paypal its so both parties are protected,one does pay for protection from scams just as one does have insurance.
How does one get 819 hrs on a unit in 3 years?
Im retired think Im doing 150-200 per year,and dont have all the electronics turned on while out.
I cant sell mine either 5 years old smaller was asking 250 tyd,one I didnt use much as replaced soon after , notice the hrs.

Last edited by lilmule; 09-26-12 at 06:06 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-12, 03:33 PM   #12
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 570
Default 997

IMO I think the 997 is a viable option and is still very serviceable per the local regional Hummingbird rep. It was and is a big seller for them as they also sell it in other parts of the world. I think maybe the price could be better but overall I would see no risk in buying the unit. I have two 1198c and a 998c so I am not in need at this time. Best of luck selling it and don't pay attention to the other lurkers, it is always the same ole bash on every new poster here. I had my turn in the frying pan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk239 View Post
997 SI NVB with everything needed to install including a 1.5" Ram Mount.
$950.00
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-12, 05:53 PM   #13
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
lilmule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Buchanan,Tn
Posts: 2,685
Default

I think the two of you should get together and you buy that thing
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-12, 09:25 PM   #14
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
Tavery5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 2,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk239 View Post
The 2006 date is not the right date, I take the batteries out of the camera and when I put them back that is the default date. These units were not even made in 2006. This unit was purchased in May of 2009 and those hours are the actual hours on the unit.
These units are still supported by Humminbird.Seems as though you know nothing about these units so you probably couldn't operate it any way. Good luck trying to find someone to send you a unit without it being paid for!!!

Thanks for clearing up the date thing, so have you owned this unit since it was new, or did you get it from someone else?

Why are you getting rid of it, did you upgrade to a newer model.

I ask because I have some interest in this unit, don't take these post the wrong way, just everyone tryin to look out for one another, as we do not have a moderated forum and we see a lot of 1st post for sell adds that turn out to be spam.

Oh, and Welcome to the forum, stick around and you will see that it is a good place with good people.


Almost forgot, is it the model with the external antenna or the newer model with the internal?
__________________
They call me Ishmael
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-12, 10:07 PM   #15
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
carolina-rig-01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Webb City, MO
Posts: 6,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmule View Post
Hate to the bearer of bad news ,no longer made,no support-long list of those.
I really wish you would do some research on electronics before you start spreading bad information mule. This isn't the first time you have been wrong about information on these things and in this instance you could cost this guy a sale by saying that there is no support for this graph from Humminbird which is far from the truth.
__________________
You only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 08:22 AM   #16
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
lilmule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Buchanan,Tn
Posts: 2,685
Default

Support comes via phone yes,will not fix or repair,and it came straight from them,on a different unit,same age,less costly.
Its not on their catalog sheet to buy may find one on amazon dunno.
If their is a slant ive had a lot of personal experience with their support,yet still own birds.When they stop selling it more or less stop support via replacement or repair as parts are no longer made,they may offer an incentive towards a higher end model,but thats about it.As for a list of unsupported units would take up the computer screen it is a long list.
Currently own two bird gps combos and three sonar units.All 3 to 5 years old,all no support just after purchasing as far as repair or replacement as stopped making them 755c,785c2i,paramount,optic,3d view etc.
Are they a good unit yes.Notice I did wish him luck selling.
I do have limited experience with high end birds so will refrain from expressing my views.

Last edited by lilmule; 09-28-12 at 08:50 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 09:50 PM   #17
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
carolina-rig-01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Webb City, MO
Posts: 6,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmule View Post
Support comes via phone yes,will not fix or repair,and it came straight from them,on a different unit,same age,less costly.
Its not on their catalog sheet to buy may find one on amazon dunno.
If their is a slant ive had a lot of personal experience with their support,yet still own birds.When they stop selling it more or less stop support via replacement or repair as parts are no longer made,they may offer an incentive towards a higher end model,but thats about it.As for a list of unsupported units would take up the computer screen it is a long list.
Currently own two bird gps combos and three sonar units.All 3 to 5 years old,all no support just after purchasing as far as repair or replacement as stopped making them 755c,785c2i,paramount,optic,3d view etc.
Are they a good unit yes.Notice I did wish him luck selling.
I do have limited experience with high end birds so will refrain from expressing my views.
So you talked directly with Humminbird and they told you that there is absolutley no parts or support for a 997?
__________________
You only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 11:28 PM   #18
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
Tavery5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 2,427
Default

Here is the link to units that are still being serviced by Humminbird, the 997 is on the list.

They will infact "fix or repair" this unit.


www.humminbird.com/Faq.aspx?TaxonomyId=95A1764
__________________
They call me Ishmael
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-12, 07:42 AM   #19
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
lilmule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Buchanan,Tn
Posts: 2,685
Default

Im sure they will for a time,just as one day they wont its discontinued,I dont own a 997 but two other units they offer phone support for,like I said im not well versed with high end units so will refrain.
I am well versed with bird saying they will when they wont,then even claiming it never even had that capability when the manual that came with is says it does.
Truth is all who responded in kind like I ,did so because of an old date,excessive hrs,and 1st post,its a nice unit also one I can buy nib off ebay for same money or close.
And if you can actually get them to repair a 997 for the next several years more power to you,I found their is a difference between what they write ,what they say as page 2 under more details they take it all back.But not all will have that experience just 4 models with remote sonar,that they still sell fixed transducers for that will not work,or ever would,and now claim never had sonar capability,yet they sell transducers for them.In short the freq was banned overseas and those who bought them here got the short end of the straw,freq changed over there and even fixed ducers available.
I could take up a whole section with replies from bird support,but wont as its a different matter.
Ps make sure you have a store bought recpt-even an ebay store will enclose one but not a private buyer,and they ask for one.I did have 1,but not the other.
My two units are also on that list want 150 and 180 to fix.They claim no sonar no support,therefore nothing to fix.

Last edited by lilmule; 09-29-12 at 08:14 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-12, 09:09 AM   #20
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
carolina-rig-01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Webb City, MO
Posts: 6,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmule View Post
Im sure they will for a time,just as one day they wont its discontinued,I dont own a 997 but two other units they offer phone support for,like I said im not well versed with high end units so will refrain.
The thing of it is, at first you said there is no support or service available for the 997. Then when you were first called out on it you said that you talked to Humminbird. Now you are saying that yeah they are servicing them now but someday they will stop, haha man talk about a weak argument. I imagine that eventually all companies will stop servicing their products eventually. Chances are if you have the first cell phone ever made you probably won't be able to get it worked on now. But what you are saying is nothing but speculation and frankly you have been totally wrong with just about everything you said so far about the side imaging graphs, both in this thread and others so your speculation really isn't much to go on. I just ask that from now on you make sure you know what you are talking about before giving a bunch of bad information.
__________________
You only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-12, 10:06 AM   #21
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
lilmule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Buchanan,Tn
Posts: 2,685
Default

That was based on my own unit not a 997,and less than a year old at the time still listed as supported.
I do know little about high end and the new sf,to which they are constantly changing.And will refrain from commenting.
If you believe support fine,they may indeed do right by the purchaser.
Had nothing to do with a 997 other than with no longer mfg units that they claimed had support.There is a difference between what one claims and what one does.
I let my own experience do that slant-again will refrain-so you wont think its bad info
That said not all will not have that experience.If im vehement im out about 1500,the repair cost would exceed their value almost due to no sonar now and no support for such.Even though as mfg it was capable thereof.
Just who or what does one believe the manual it came with or support?
The phone rep,the emails or the manual?Or by what you can make it do on your own they say it cannot do.Many of the older units do not upgrade as support claims follow the directions one can lose all preloaded data to which they will be glad to sell you a chip for 160 bucks to replace the preloaded gold.
So support in my own case was and is lacking even though still listed,so for 180 bucks now ,they will tell me it has no sonar capability,yet I can get it to work myself.
So to me the dirty word isnt 997, its support for no longer mfg units.Exactly my statement Support comes via phone yes,will not fix or repair,and it came straight from them,on a different unit,same age,less costly.No mention of a 997(on that I could be wrong for $ they might fix)
If you wish not to believe that is your choice,but based on my own experience any discontinued model its lacking,and one would be better off buying say a 998,as will be in the line up awhile longer.

Last edited by lilmule; 09-29-12 at 10:18 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-12, 10:30 AM   #22
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
carolina-rig-01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Webb City, MO
Posts: 6,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmule View Post
That was based on my own unit not a 997,and less than a year old at the time still listed as supported.
I do know little about high end and the new sf,to which they are constantly changing.And will refrain from commenting.
If you believe support fine,they may indeed do right by the purchaser.
Had nothing to do with a 997 other than with no longer mfg units that they claimed had support.There is a difference between what one claims and what one does.
I let my own experience do that slant-again will refrain-so you wont think its bad info
That said not all will not have that experience.If im vehement im out about 1500,the repair cost would exceed their value almost due to no sonar now and no support for such.Even though as mfg it was capable thereof.
Just who or what does one believe the manual it came with or support?
The phone rep,the emails or the manual?Or by what you can make it do on your own they say it cannot do.Many of the older units do not upgrade as support claims follow the directions one can lose all preloaded data to which they will be glad to sell you a chip for 160 bucks to replace the preloaded gold.
So support in my own case was and is lacking even though still listed,so for 180 bucks now ,they will tell me it has no sonar capability,yet I can get it to work myself.
So to me the dirty word isnt 997, its support for no longer mfg units.Exactly my statement Support comes via phone yes,will not fix or repair,and it came straight from them,on a different unit,same age,less costly.No mention of a 997(on that I could be wrong for $ they might fix)
If you wish not to believe that is your choice,but based on my own experience any discontinued model its lacking,and one would be better off buying say a 998,as will be in the line up awhile longer.
Whatever Mule, this is really pretty typical of some of the other stuff you have said regarding graphs in the past. You post information like it is as true as gospel but you are comparing apples to oranges since they are totally different units. You said something that isn't true about Humminbird and them not offering any support or being able to service their units. It was then brought to your attention that you are wrong and your response is basically, well you can believe them if you want or you can believe me and what I have to say about a totally different unit. You can upgrade the 997, regardless of what you say. I know people personally who updated theirs when the 998's came out with down imaging and there were updates available for people to update their 997s to have down imaging just like the 998s. Like anything else you have to do some research and make sure you are getting the right updates for your unit but it can be done. Now for the graph you are talking about, I have no clue and unlike you I won't pretend to know anything about a graph that I have no experience with so I will just say that I believe you when you say you had bad luck doing whatever it is that you tried to do to it.
__________________
You only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-12, 11:25 AM   #23
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
lilmule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Buchanan,Tn
Posts: 2,685
Default

You can dl a lot of upgrades does not change the unit out,I dont know the unit, I do know support.Often what one reads is conflicting on their web site,one does however have to read more info on page 2 frequently.
What I tried to do was buy a combo unit what i got was a chart plotter lacking the sonar as depicted.Ended up getting it working on my own,but rc small screen popup.My 80 dollar used wide vision gives a lot better pic and i got to use all those transducers I purchased that said they worked on both units that did not now removed from their website any reference to.So wasnt as much about the model as support.
I do know how to update my own units and do not follow their directions as older units ,on current ones would pay to follow the video.
Be glad to sell you two units still listed as supported 1/3 original price 755c and a 785c2i (combo)they are indeed good chart plotters to which that is now their listing.Say 200 for 755c 250 for the 785c2i to your door ea.
For what its worth they will continue servicing all units for 7 years after they go out of production,last made in 2010
260 bucks would fix it plus postage if it needed it( they may ask for a store recpt dunno),nor did he like paypal while many do not it is a guarantee to both parties since unknown party not unreasonable.

Last edited by lilmule; 09-29-12 at 11:53 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2013 BassFishin.Com LLC