Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-09, 02:21 AM   #1
wareagledc
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default whats it worth?

a 1998 stratos 16' bass boat with no motor except a troling motor. its in good shape with no holes or cracks. the carpet is ok and should last for another 3 or 4 years. seats are good and lights work. trailer has new tires. the only thing wrong with the whole thing is a small amount of rust on the trailer and the paint is starting to fade a little. some sanding and paint will take care of the rust. i don't know what its worth but he's asking 1500 for it. i think its a great deal but thought i would ask someone who might know.

i thought of buying it and putting a motor on it then reselling it for more
wareagledc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 06:11 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

$1500 sounds right -hell mine has rust on the trailer-the one thing you want to check is the springs -i bet they squeak when you climb in the boat-as long as they are not broken your good to go.. if it is like other stratos boats i v'e seen.. i would definatly look at the drain set up in the front live well..i have never heard of any of the front livewells that did not have drain problems..mine inculded..to check this open the acess lid and using a flashlight look and see what kind of mess the drain is in...

to be honest i rather have a live well in the back and use the front one for storage.. but the mid 90's thru 04 -the short boat model years- stratos used a 1" rubber hose-same as a radiator hose- for the drain pipe.. there is NO way you can shut it off or plug it, keep water out short of replacin the whole thing and adding a ball valve shut off.. TRUST ME been there don that..

zooker
Old 01-29-09, 07:16 PM   #3
only1eagle
BassFishin.Com Member

Where is it? Because if you don't get it, I will. LOL! Sounds like a great deal to me. No matter what you have to fix it is better than a monthly payment.
only1eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-09, 03:23 PM   #4
barkelypup
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Offer them about $950. Gives you a little wiggle room
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.