Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-09, 08:22 AM   #1
Bo Dale James Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Question Why all the recent shootings?

What in the world is going on with all these rampages?

<LI class="story ult-position">Gunman kills 3 Pittsburgh officers in shootout<LI class="story ult-position">Murder of 5 children shocks Wash. trailer park<LI class="story ult-position">Families of NY shooting victims begin to bury dead

Old 04-05-09, 08:41 AM   #2
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Prices going up, money getting tight, jobs being lost, and tensions getting high. Had a fella walk into a nursing home here in NC the other day and just started blasting. And of course now they're saying he's been "disturbed" for awhile. Probably get time in a mental hospital.

I'm sorry, if they mess with kids or old people, they need to fry. I don't care what mental problems they have, there's no excuse. If their that crazy, we need to get their genes out of the pool anyway.
Old 04-05-09, 09:16 AM   #3
Jim80

I think it has a lot to do with the breakdown of the family unit as a whole . more and more people every year are counting on preschools and day cares to raise their children and society is paying the price for that . Plus the economy plays a major role in how far people are willing to go in order to survive . and stick I agree with ya 100% man the death penalty is not used nearly as much as it should be and when it is imposed they sit on death row for years costing us millions in tax dollars .

Jim
Old 04-05-09, 11:33 AM   #4
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I agree with the above posts, I noticed for the first time in my life this fall when IKE came through ohio and we lost alll eletric for a week how up tight everyone was to the point of desperation. That and ppl that don't get the respect they think they need in situations often lead to gunfires.
It usually happens on full moons, although this week didn't follow that scenerio.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-09, 03:28 PM   #5
OrygunBasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Too many guns, Guns are bad and they kill people all by themselves, we can't be trusted as a people, too much violence on TV, violent video games, Johnny had a bad childhood!

That's what the libs would have all of us to believe so that must be the reason!!!!!! You wouldn't question our leadership would you?????

Out of all the millions of people in this country, there are going to be bad things happen! And with all the media out there everything will be seen! That is except all the good that has taken place in Irac!!!
Old 04-05-09, 05:42 PM   #6
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrygunBasser View Post
Too many guns, Guns are bad and they kill people all by themselves, we can't be trusted as a people, too much violence on TV, violent video games, Johnny had a bad childhood!

That's what the libs would have all of us to believe so that must be the reason!!!!!! You wouldn't question our leadership would you?????

Out of all the millions of people in this country, there are going to be bad things happen! And with all the media out there everything will be seen! That is except all the good that has taken place in Irac!!!
Bad things will happen but to this degree you have to question more than the leadership of a country , and like it or not a bad up bringing will make someone more likely to commit a crime of that magnitude , the problem with some of the cases like this is people chose to ignore warning signs and casually brush them under the rug as being somebody else's problem , in a lot of cases simple intervention could have prevented a lot of tragedies . Granted you could blame the economy or desperation but the simple fact is there was most likely something missing from their upbringing that made them more likely to commit an act like that . I could not see myself going to that kind of extreme no matter how desperate I got or how little money I had but then again i had a stable family life and to me that has a lot to do with these kinds of situations .

just my .02$

Jim
Old 04-05-09, 06:32 PM   #7
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Its easy to see why warning signs are overlooked. A lot of people say dark things or subversive things or complain about X, not very many actually do something awful about it. If you reported every dark comment, it would be a lot of false alarms and trouble and you would possibly screw someones life up even more who wasn't gonna do something bad - just talking.

Suffice it to say, we got a lot of problems. Societal, government, moral, its all a breakdown.

Take care of your own at the end of the day. Your family and your friends. Do things the right way. Its all you can do.
Old 04-05-09, 08:28 PM   #8
3dkicker

Life is hard and some people aren't able to handle the stress that life brings them.

Unfortunately I see more and more teens at work (and people in general) that can't follow simple instructions and handle stress without blowing up. A lot of it, I believe, has to do with narcisism and instant gratification. I don't want to label all teens because I've seen some who have succeeded after handling unbelieveable tragedy in their lives. A majority do just fine but there is a growing number that just can't cope.
Old 04-05-09, 09:29 PM   #9
OrygunBasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

This is a little wierd, but I am going to say it anyway.

I was setting in the break room with a friend a few years ago when all the Post Office shootings were going on and I looked over to my friend and said in a low wierd voice, "What is it in your head, I mean, is there just a little switch that all of a sudden "clicks" and you go home and grab your AK47 and head back to work and start pulling the trigger?? I mean, one minute you know right from wrong and the next minute it all goes out the window". At which time I ticked my head a couple of times and said, "I'm OK, Really I am"!!!!!
Old 04-05-09, 09:47 PM   #10
1/4 stick

Like WTL said, we all say things, some more than others. Just means we're human not that we'd actually do it.

I remember a meeting our manager was having with the stores employees and he was reaming us good about our attitude. I leaned over to the young lady that was seated beside me and said "I'm gonna show him some attitude one day. You ever see me walk in in my black duster with a silly smile on my face...duck."

A few months pass, and one night I'm headed to a Halloween party and decide to stop by my store to pick up some beer. I decided to go as death, so I was decked out in black jeans, black shirt, and since it was cold...my black duster. Had to go by the deli to get the beer, so I stopped and said hi to this chic. She turns around all smiling and says hi. Her mouth drops, she starts shaking and says "You aint really gonna do it are ya? Please talk to someone first." I couldn't figure out what she was talking about, explained about the party, and she reminded me of what I'd told her.

Got a good laugh, but just goes to show you need to be careful what you say. I eneded up makeing her Mrs. Stick #2, and she paid me back with two years of pure hell.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.