Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-09, 05:37 PM   #1
doc
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default McDonalds really fires my buns

The what your eating thread made me think of an incident that happend at McDonalds sunday.

I ordered a McGriddle combo (you know the 2 small pancake things with sausage between them). and various other biscuit like items (their supposed to be sausage biscuits, but I think their secretly made of rice and exlax.)

When I got to the window and got my food I asked for some syrup (because none was in the bag for my McGriddle.) I was told that I would have to pay for the syrup. Ok, i said i never had to before. The derelict member of society behind the register said "well you didn't get pancakes so you have to pay for the syrup". This confused me even more, so I asked her what a McGriddle was her response "a piece of sausage inbetween 2 smaller hot cakes.) Good I said, now I'll have my syrup.

She insisted that I would still have to pay, By now I'm pissed so I tell her just keep your damn food and give me my money back. 5 minues later and after a talk with the manager I recieve my syrup free of charge.

Not a big deal in the scheme of things, but when the hell did resutrants (or slop houses) start charging for condoments when you get food. Next it will be fries are free but ketchup will cost you $2.

When did the customer stop being right, and it became acceptable for places of buisnesses to trample and nickel and dime you to death.

I can think of a few more instances with fast food chains, large companies (microsoft, really sticks out here), where customer service means collecting everything you can from the customer, then crapping on them when they have nothing more to give.

/end rant
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-09, 05:40 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

its like dating , the first few times "its free" but soon you pay...oh how you pay lol
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-09, 05:42 PM   #3
bamabassman

hahahahahaha, sorry doc. but that is funny......on mcdonalds part. i agree with ya pal. they tried to make me pay for the little packets of jelly at hardees once, i got my money back. never asked me again for extra cash for jelly,lmao. times are hard for the fast food folks huh?
Old 04-06-09, 05:49 PM   #4
VinnyH
BassFishin.Com Member

Default ...

It's those darn little old ladies who have been taking 10 packs of sugar each visit for years. The fast food places have finally caught on to why they don't make any money.

Vinny
Old 04-06-09, 05:50 PM   #5
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
hahahahahaha, sorry doc. but that is funny......on mcdonalds part. i agree with ya pal. they tried to make me pay for the little packets of jelly at hardees once, i got my money back. never asked me again for extra cash for jelly,lmao. times are hard for the fast food folks huh?
must be, next they'll charge for napkins or straws. I just hate when a company gets so big they have no liability. You can complain but it'll do no good. There is no accountability, no one cares if your dis satisfied because they have 11 million other customers.
Old 04-06-09, 06:01 PM   #6
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
5 minues later and after a talk with the manager I recieve my syrup free of charge.

i read this part as "doc" pitched a fit that would make a spoiled rotten 10 year old girl's best effort look bad..

zooker
Old 04-06-09, 06:18 PM   #7
WTL

I work with several people on meth and presciption drugs, trust me, for some of the losers who work at McDonalds - and those folks are even bigger losers than my coworkers - they are on autopilot 100% of the time. There aint nothing going on up there. Like asking a wall.
Old 04-06-09, 06:29 PM   #8
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

It's your fault, doc, for goin to mcdonald's in the first place
Old 04-06-09, 07:19 PM   #9
OrygunBasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

OH, you want a cup with that coffee??????
Old 04-07-09, 08:48 AM   #10
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
I work with several people on meth and presciption drugs, trust me, for some of the losers who work at McDonalds - and those folks are even bigger losers than my coworkers - they are on autopilot 100% of the time. There aint nothing going on up there. Like asking a wall.

Hey i use to work at Mcdonalds during college.lol... Anyways i would always get fussed at for giving away condiments for free. My boss wanted me to charge but i refused. So i about got fired 100s of times, but they would not fire me becuase i was one of a few people who could count past 10 without help...And Vinny is right about the old ladies. The sugar and cream is behind the counter because people would take 5 or 6 handfuls everyday for a small cup of coffee...ANd people would take 5 or 6 times as many condiments as needed and take them home. But i never charged but most employees are robots and will do whatever they are told!!!!
Old 04-07-09, 08:51 AM   #11
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
i read this part as "doc" pitched a fit that would make a spoiled rotten 10 year old girl's best effort look bad..

zooker
Then you read that part right
Old 04-07-09, 09:59 AM   #12
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
It's your fault, doc, for goin to mcdonald's in the first place
That's what I was thinking too. It's not like that food will nourish your body anyway. McDonalds just runs right through you. Not to start an argument with you Doc but you also went to McDonalds. What kind of service were you expecting? Whenever I happen to have a brainfart and go to McDonalds, I am overly polite regardless of what happens because I would like my food without spit. I worked in the food industry throughout my college years and I have seen (I never did it) a lot done to people's food just because they looked at the server wrong. I also came to the conclusion that restaurant chains bring out all kinds of people. The general public also is mean, rude, and cheap. Sure there are exceptions to the rule but generally speaking there are more rude and cheap people that eat out than those that understand good service and what it costs to pay for it. The customer is not always right and those that think that do not understand proper business. Those that get angry because they are not treated like they are always right are out to get something for free.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 10:19 AM   #13
jcw1503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnngolfn View Post
That's what I was thinking too. It's not like that food will nourish your body anyway. McDonalds just runs right through you. Not to start an argument with you Doc but you also went to McDonalds. What kind of service were you expecting? Whenever I happen to have a brainfart and go to McDonalds, I am overly polite regardless of what happens because I would like my food without spit. I worked in the food industry throughout my college years and I have seen (I never did it) a lot done to people's food just because they looked at the server wrong. I also came to the conclusion that restaurant chains bring out all kinds of people. The general public also is mean, rude, and cheap. Sure there are exceptions to the rule but generally speaking there are more rude and cheap people that eat out than those that understand good service and what it costs to pay for it. The customer is not always right and those that think that do not understand proper business. Those that get angry because they are not treated like they are always right are out to get something for free.

well put!!!!
Old 04-07-09, 10:41 AM   #14
Whup
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
The customer is not always right and those that think that do not understand proper business. Those that get angry because they are not treated like they are always right are out to get something for free.

Reminds me of a guy I used to work with who told me that he would go through the Drive-thru at McDonalds with his family of 5,order he and his wife's food and 1 happy meal.After driving around and recieving his food and the 1 happy meal he would argue with the cashier that he had ordered three.Askin' them"What the hell was I gonna do?Toss the 1 happy meal in the back seat and let them fight over it?"
After that he would then argue with the manager till he walked away with 2 extra happy meals.
Maybe I'm just lazy but, thats sounds like more trouble than it's worth
Whup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 10:59 AM   #15
MississippiBoy

That's also lying and stealing. McDonald's should've charged him for the 2 other happy meals, since they have his receipt showing only 1.
Old 04-07-09, 11:11 AM   #16
doc

Quote:
Mabye, but I live in a small town. We have 1 resturant that closes at 5, sonic, pizza hut, mazzios, and McDonalds. Thats it. I ordered 4 combos that day I wasn't asking for anything that shouldnt have came with my meal. Who doesn't like to dip a McGriddle in syrup?

I dont think McDonalds is going broke over ketchup, sugar, and syrup.
I was not mean untill I was told I would have to pay for some syrup. I disagree with your customer is not allways right statement. Unless their just trying to be difficult, or abuse the system the customer IS ALLWAYS RIGHT. Me getting a syrup after ordering 4 combo meals would not upset the balance of McDonalds Profit to loss.

Have you ever gotten fast food, and noticed that the ingredients were just thrown in the box, mabye on the bun, mabye not, fries mabye in the box, mabye not, no napkins, no straws, no ketchup. Or heaven forbid you dont like an item (I happen to hate cheese) and ask them to hold that particular item, how often does that work?

If you can't understand to put a napkin in the bag, make sure drinks have straws, fires are in the box, and hold the pickles your *** deserves to be hammered by a patron.

Mabye I'm old school, but I belive when you walk up to the counter anywhere and politely ask for their servies, while spending money. You should get a smile, and be treated politely. Instead of "what chu want", and a big "sigh" and an arguement when someting you ordered is not correct.
Old 04-07-09, 11:18 AM   #17
jcw1503

Quote:
I disagree with your customer is not allways right statement. Unless their just trying to be difficult, or abuse the system the customer IS ALLWAYS RIGHT.

See thats the problem. It use to be that 70-80% of the customers were honest and understanding. But nowadays 70-80% if you are lucky are trying to steal, rip off, and get what ever they can get for free. People may not like to hear it but it is true. Thats why business are the way they are.
Old 04-07-09, 11:58 AM   #18
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Mabye, but I live in a small town. We have 1 resturant that closes at 5, sonic, pizza hut, mazzios, and McDonalds. Thats it. I ordered 4 combos that day I wasn't asking for anything that shouldnt have came with my meal. Who doesn't like to dip a McGriddle in syrup?

I was not mean untill I was told I would have to pay for some syrup. I disagree with your customer is not allways right statement. Unless their just trying to be difficult, or abuse the system the customer IS ALLWAYS RIGHT. Me getting a syrup after ordering 4 combo meals would not upset the balance of McDonalds Profit to loss.

Have you ever gotten fast food, and noticed that the ingredients were just thrown in the box, mabye on the bun, mabye not, fries mabye in the box, mabye not, no napkins, no straws, no ketchup. Or heaven forbid you dont like an item (I happen to hate cheese) and ask them to hold that particular item, how often does that work?

If you can't understand to put a napkin in the bag, make sure drinks have straws, fires are in the box, and hold the pickles your *** deserves to be hammered by a patron.

Mabye I'm old school, but I belive when you walk up to the counter anywhere and politely ask for their servies, while spending money. You should get a smile, and be treated politely. Instead of "what chu want", and a big "sigh" and an arguement when someting you ordered is not correct.
I totally agree with the bolded statement. Polite and honest customers should be treated with respect. That does not mean that they are always right. But like jcw1503 stated above, there are more customers are trying to get a free meal rather than honest ones just wanting good service. I'm not saying you were wanting something free. Also, having rude customers is also not an excuse for workers to be rude and difficult in return. The problem is that some businesses will bend over backwards and allow the customer anything they want just so they can get repeat business. These businesses have condoned a rude behavior with customers that honest businesses have to try and deal with. Just go sit in a customer service department (Walmart is the best) and listen to all the excuses on why customers want to return items that they damaged due to their own negligence or they just don't want anymore. More times than not people will create a scene hoping the managers will give them what they want.

Polite and honest customers are usually right because they are usually not trying to manipulate the system and get something for free. I have refused free food before just because I was just trying to make the managers aware of a bad or poor situation at a restaurant. Managers are trained to throw free things at a complaining customer instead of listening to the problem and attempting to fix it. This mentality brings out the rude and dishonest people trying to get free happy meals.[/
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 05:41 PM   #19
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:

Same boat here. 2 chains in this town. McDonalds and Subway. Not a fan of either.
Old 04-07-09, 07:40 PM   #20
Bo Dale James Jr.

Ok...But with the McGriddle the syrup is baked into the cakes and you want more???

Seriously I had to stop buying those things, they are so good, you could end up being buried in a piano case!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.