Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-08, 10:06 AM   #1
George_Welcome
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Sometimes the lake wins

My last trip on the Marsh proved to be a difficult on. With winds out of the NE at about 15 MPH and the direction of route traveled things were tough for us. Only 10 bass made it to the boat. With the wind blowing the one good thing is temperatures were substantially cooler.

There were a couple of other boats that we encountered out there. One Stratos was carrying our friend Swede, and the other, a couple of regulars on the Marsh. Steve P and Champion Don were working the same ditch from the opposite end and had a very successful day of it. We just started from the wrong end of the ditch.

Everything is in good shape on the lake as we come into the season. Water levels are good, and clarity is very good on the Farm side. We are already seeing some migration to the south and expect that October will be quite a month for us. The big gals will be feeding heavily in anticipation of upcoming spawns and we do know where they feed.

It is still a bit warm so don't forget: hydration and sunscreen are two important items on this lake. See you out there. Season sale is still on for another week and details can be viewed at my web site.
Old 09-22-08, 10:16 AM   #2
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You consider the lake winning even though you boated 10 bass?
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 03:41 PM   #3
cassidyta

Depends on the lake FnG. I fished a lake Sunday where the averages for September had been 25 boated bass per angler. I fought hard to get 9. One of my good friends put 22 in his boat. So I would say that th elake beat me but not him.
Old 09-22-08, 05:11 PM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

hahaha i'm with f&g on this one fellas. i would LOVE to boat 10 keepers any day.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 07:40 PM   #5
Fishnngolfn

I must not fish a lot or catch many keepers because I consider it a successful fishing outing if I land just ONE fish of any size. I guess I just enjoy the quiet time by myself sometimes and the companionship of my fishing buddies other times. The stories that are told during a fishing trip around the campfire are just as enjoyable as landing a fish during the day. At least that is the way it is for me right now.
Old 09-23-08, 05:16 AM   #6
George_Welcome
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnngolfn View Post
I must not fish a lot or catch many keepers because I consider it a successful fishing outing if I land just ONE fish of any size. I guess I just enjoy the quiet time by myself sometimes and the companionship of my fishing buddies other times. The stories that are told during a fishing trip around the campfire are just as enjoyable as landing a fish during the day. At least that is the way it is for me right now.

That's exactly the way it should be, however most of my fishing forarys are for clients, so the more fish the better. In addition Stick Marsh/Farm 13 is more of a "30" or more per day type of lake.
Old 09-23-08, 08:43 AM   #7
bhfishman
BassFishin.Com Member

If you want to talk about the lake winning, try fishing in a two day tournament and not getting a bite! That is exactly what happened last weekend to me. I couldn't believe it. I had fished the same lake the weekend before and managed to weigh in a couple of keepers for a club tournament but caught fish all day. This past weekend, the water had risen 20 feet, junk floating everywhere and in most cases you were fishing in chocolate soup. But that didn't stop us. We just kept pounding away. I went through everything I could think of from top water to cranks at multiple depths to spinner baits to chatter baits to carolina rig to flippin a brush bug and finally to throwing a Trick Stick that I did extremely well with the weekend before. The lake won! NOT ONE STINKING BITE OVER 2 DAYS. UNCLE!

www.1stcastfishinglures.com
bhfishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-08, 10:03 AM   #8
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_Welcome View Post
That's exactly the way it should be, however most of my fishing forarys are for clients, so the more fish the better. In addition Stick Marsh/Farm 13 is more of a "30" or more per day type of lake.

Ahhhh. Client and guide fishing is different. If you are trying to drum up more business by fishing or guide fishing is your income, I can see the lake winning, even if you land several fish. I could never be a guide because I enjoy fishing too much.
Old 09-23-08, 01:14 PM   #9
cassidyta

I guess I am spoiled out here. I have about 30 lakes all within an hour of me and will almost always bring in double digits for the day. I am not bringing in any monsters, but they are usually good for at least 2 breaking the 4 lbs mark. I agree that I go fishing due to the love of being at the water. Not catching fish does not change my enjoyment of the event.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.