Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-09, 02:40 PM   #1
RonB
BassFishin.Com Member

Default CarrotStix in Trouble?

I have posted on here and around that I am looking for a new Flipping stick. Anyway I went to BPS Monday morning and asked if they had the Carrotstix Gold in stock. The counter guy advised me they did not have it and prob would not be getting any as they were told Carrot Stix filed for bankruptcy. Has anyone heard this? I have asked on other forums and no one including Cabela's has heard anything about it.

Ron
RonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-09, 03:34 PM   #2
TnTom
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Don't remember details but remember hearing they were going away.
Old 10-13-09, 03:52 PM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I wonder if they're taking carrot stix off the market, not necessarily e21 going bankrupt.

BB
Old 10-13-09, 03:55 PM   #4
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I wonder if they're taking carrot stix off the market, not necessarily e21 going bankrupt.

BB
So, my understanding is they're going on clearance.
Old 10-13-09, 04:04 PM   #5
nofearengineer

All I heard was Boyd Duckett was not part of it anymore. I Googled it, but didn't find a single mention of bankruptcy with e21 or Carrot Stix.
Old 10-13-09, 04:23 PM   #6
CMorg

Im not so much worried about the possiblity of e21 going bankrupt , but whats Ken Whitting going to do ? Hes too good to be doing nothing. I wish he would have kept AiRRUS..
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-09, 03:32 AM   #7
skeeter944

Okay so I talked to a rep from a major tackle supplier, he told me that E21 was in the process of being sold from Ken Whitting to another person. The carrotstix will stay on the market. Boyd left because he wanted E21 to do somethings for him that was not in the companies good interest, hope i cleared some things up.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-09, 08:56 AM   #8
CMorg

Humm , something doesnt make sense to me. Ken Sold AiRRUS to Castaway , to go work for E21 a maker of Golf Clubs I believe. I suppose Ken could have purchased E21 ? I dont know.
Old 10-17-09, 09:43 AM   #9
Racemaster33
BassFishin.Com Member

Default carrotstix

I've got a buddy that owns a sporting goods shop. He just got an order of Carrotstix in last week. He didn't say anything about not being to get more.

I don't own one (YET) but I fell in love with it instantly when I picked it up. WOW they are so light! I think I'll own a 7'2" medium one when Santa comes around.
Racemaster33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-09, 08:29 PM   #10
Basscrazie

I heard the company failed to build to suit Boyd so he bailed and now no one wants the new ones,Boyd left and quality went way down...That's what I hear.. I also hear Boyd still fishes the old ones but painted them white.
Basscrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-09, 12:46 PM   #11
rodnreel

Yeah, E21 must have completely ignored some of Duckett's design details. He was obviously upset about some new rods they had sent him. Here's a good article I found on the story. Other than that, I don't think E21 will stop producing the rods. I have one and love it. Haven't had a problem yet, but I've only had it a year.

http://www.basszone.com/2009quickflips/duckett7.htm
Old 10-29-09, 09:00 AM   #12
Racemaster33
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Broken rods

I spoke with a guy yesterday that works at the local Bass Pro Shops and he said that they have a bad problem with them breaking. He said for every 100 they sell they get 20-25 that come back broken. I also stopped at Murfreesboro Outdoors yesterday and they had 6 broken ones standing up in the corner to send back.
Glad I didn't buy one yet.
Racemaster33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 10:01 AM   #13
BigBassin144

From what I've read, the thing with Duckett was that e21 produced his rods to his specs, but not the ones for sale to the public. That and with the poor quality and not so great customer service with returns is why he left e21.

I wouldn't waste my money on one. I'd get a Shimano Cumara and forget about the carrot stiks.

BB
Old 10-30-09, 01:35 PM   #14
RonB
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
From what I've read, the thing with Duckett was that e21 produced his rods to his specs, but not the ones for sale to the public. That and with the poor quality and not so great customer service with returns is why he left e21.

I wouldn't waste my money on one. I'd get a Shimano Cumara and forget about the carrot stiks.

BB
I was shown a Cumara when I asked about carrot Stix. The Cumara felt unbelievable, was super lite, and had the same basic reel seat as the Carrot, ...I just wish they made a flipping stick length model.
RonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 02:53 PM   #15
doc

I have a carrot stix gold that is my main rod, it has pulled in 9lb ers, 8lbers, and more fish under 8lbs than I can count. I fish it in the nastiest stuff you can imagine, and am known to use my rod to pull the boat to where i'm snagged at. I've heard everything about them that has been mentioned here, but my gold stix has outpreformed my expectations.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-09, 03:55 PM   #16
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Did you get the rod when they first came out Doc? It could be like a lot of stuff now days. They come out and burn up the market with a top quality product for a premium price. They sell like hot cakes and everyone and their brother wants a managers job or a part of the company so they let them in. They drop the quality to to give every one they know a job, eat $100 steaks and drive Beemers. And then it's to the clearance isle.
Old 10-31-09, 06:17 PM   #17
BigBassin144

Bubba, actually they had a lot of problems with the carrot stiks in the beginning, including the realization that carrot fibers don't make good rods. I don't believe them anymore, but I could be wrong.

BB
Old 11-02-09, 11:49 AM   #18
rodnreel

I had the same views about these rods when they first came out, I just thought they were a gimmick. I also heard from another forum that they have a really slow parabolic flex, which delays hook sets. All I can say is that after owning one for over a year and catching over a hundred fish, it has been one of the best rods I've ever owned. I'm a firm believer in not knocking something until you try it.
Old 11-05-09, 06:59 PM   #19
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

ken whiting is going into business with gary loomis formally of gloomis rods. they should be nice. they were having trouble finding funding last i heard though.
Old 11-05-09, 08:59 PM   #20
CMorg

[QUOTE=bassthumb32;273680]ken whiting is going into business with gary loomis formally of gloomis rods. they should be nice. they were having trouble finding funding last i heard though.[/QUOTE]

Holy it , I cant wait. Im selling all my rods now... I knew Ken and Gary were friends. This should be a good thing. Unless Gary gets the job of pricing the rods .....
Old 11-06-09, 04:08 PM   #21
BassMoJo
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

That's awsome I just started a new savings account!
Old 11-07-09, 10:45 PM   #22
TN_Bassin

There are to many rumors going around about the carrot stix and to little facts. I have not had any problems out of mine, but a few buddies broke a couple of theirs on hook sets. And the most recent rumor I've heard is that they are discontinuing carrot stix due to the massive amounts of breaks that occured. More than likely they will pull carrot stix off the market and rework them and release them again, but who knows.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.