Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-05, 12:15 PM   #1
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32
Default Women And Fishing

This Isnt So Much A Joke As It Is A Real Question And Im Sure That Most Of You If Not All Of You Have Experienced It. My Girlfriend Hates It When I Go Fishing I Mean Hates It. I Told Her That She Is Just Going To Have To Get Over It. Are There Any Tips Or Lines That Any Of You Guys Say That Will Get Them To Understand Or Shutup. Or Even Go With Me. I Do Stuff With Her Other Times So Im Not Ignoring Her. I Dont Know What Shes Fussing About. I Just Wanna Fish. Please Help!!!
Old 07-28-05, 12:35 PM   #2
Fishie
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Tell her that it is like shopping for them. Also sometimes they like it if you win some money and you give it to them. Some girls like being out on a boat but looks like you ain't that lucky.
Old 07-28-05, 12:40 PM   #3
bassbooger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I used to have that same problem with my wife, but we sat and talked about it and got things straightened out. She still doesn't like me going fishing, but she understands that is what I love to do, so she puts up with it. If this is just your girlfriend and doing this now, then imagine what she will be like if you ever get married. If she isn't willing to go fishing with you, then don't go anywhere with her. When she mentions it, just tell her you would rather go fishing if she isn't going to do stuff you want to do.
Old 07-28-05, 12:46 PM   #4
Fishie

I don't know Bassbogger that attitude towards your babe might make her drop your a$$ but who knows.
Old 07-28-05, 12:49 PM   #5
bamabassin21

Send a message via MSN to bamabassin21

That why you stay single
Old 07-28-05, 12:57 PM   #6
bassthumb32

Ive Taken Her Before But She Just Complains The Whole Time And Makes A Lot Of Noise. Its Too Much. She Does Like When I Bring The Money Home, But Its The Part That I Need To Practice Before The Tournament So I Can Win Some Money That Shes Having Trouble Understanding.
Old 07-28-05, 01:15 PM   #7
George_Welcome

Sounds simple to me: what's more important to you - the girl friend, or the fishing?
Old 07-28-05, 02:09 PM   #8
bassthumb32

Lmao!!! Good Point. Ive Thought About That But Arent All Of Them The Same. I Told Her Its Up To Her If She Breaks Up With Me But Im Going To Fish Either Way.
Old 07-28-05, 03:15 PM   #9
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Wow, I can't believe my first post was deleted!

Seriously though, theres not much you can say to a woman if she doesn't want you to go, she doesn't want you to go. Find another woman or learn to deal with the repurcusions of ignoring her (or stop fishing, but hey, like anyone is gonna do that).
Old 07-28-05, 03:45 PM   #10
MKYxD
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to MKYxD Send a message via AIM to MKYxD Send a message via MSN to MKYxD Send a message via Yahoo to MKYxD

If she keeps nagging then break up with her and find a girl who likes fishing.
Old 07-28-05, 03:53 PM   #11
bassthumb32

Point That Girl In My Direction.
I Am A 6 Foot 3 Blonde Hair Blue Eyed... Lol Just Kidding
Old 07-28-05, 04:17 PM   #12
HulaPopr

If they want you to stop fishing, they aren't worth going out with.
Old 07-28-05, 04:18 PM   #13
JB

WTL,

I know what you mean, I see many times my post disappears, must be a bug.
Anyways on the taking a woman fishing, I think they crave the attention we give to fishing and wish that the man would put that much emphasis on the relationship.
Old 07-28-05, 07:12 PM   #14
IL.bassin36

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin36

I will do this in a statement answer format.

S: You never want to spend time with me. A: Yes I do why don't you go fishing with me.

S: You spend to much money on that crap. A: You're right. I'm gonna go to the strip joint instead.

My all time favorite although I wouldn't suggest it and this will prolly get deleted.

S: You prolly didn't even go Fishing. You were at some girls. A: (As I gently wave my fish slime ladened hands under her nose) Do you know her?

This was just a few things I went through. We've been together for 8 yrs now and it's totally different now.
Old 07-28-05, 07:17 PM   #15
Marty

You need to talk with her, then determine your priorities. Are you willing to commit to a relationship in which she is not supportive of your habit? My longtime friend and partner remarried about 10 years after his first marriage broke up. His second wife is not supportive of his fishing and he doesn't get out very much. He's always talking about how much he misses it, but on the other hand, he loves her and seems fairly happily married.

Only you can determine what you can and can't live with.

Disclosure: I ain't Dear Abby.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Old 07-28-05, 11:14 PM   #16
Nitro911

I guess I got lucky. My wife didn't fish when we were still dating, but she loves it now. We even came home early from Vegas on our honeymoon so we could fish a tournament together! The only time she gets mad is I try to go and don't take her!!
Old 07-28-05, 11:57 PM   #17
Bass_fishing_girl

Send a message via Yahoo to Bass_fishing_girl

You guys just need to sit down and work things out together. Is there things that she enjoys doing? Plan your days ahead of time on the days that she will be out doing other things. Maybe try taking her out on a guided trip and she will find out that she likes catching fish. If your relationship is not that serious, find someone who would like to go fishing with you. If i was single, i would not even consider going out with a guy that didn't love to fish.

Give us this day our daily limit :D
Old 07-29-05, 12:00 AM   #18
bassinbob

My girlfriend likes to fish. She doesn't spend the 8 to 12 hours that i do on the water though. I call her on my cell phone a couple of times while I am fishing. That seems to keep her happy. The only choice I see for you if talking it out doesn't work is ending the relationship. Good luck.

Bob
Old 07-29-05, 03:28 AM   #19
Spandextros
BassFishin.Com Member

I had one girlfriend who used to go fishing with me and now we are "friends" and she hooked up with a yeti of a guy who is too squeemish to touch the fish or even the worms. Not to mention she is 15 and he's 19 I think. I think I need to send him a can of worms and a crate of razors. ( As you might have guessed I'm a bit sore about it) It's not every day that you find a nice girl who will go fishing with you

The real painful part of the whole thing was that it was because her parents didn't want her to be with someone of a different religion.

My advise though is when ever you go fishing buy her a single rose (or more if you have the money) on the way back, shower up real good and treat her to a romantic evening. That way she will look foreward to you going fishing and is likely to let you go more often
Old 07-29-05, 03:38 AM   #20
Cuban_Cigar
BassFishin.Com Member

Take her blue gill fishing.........and throw her over-board.
Old 07-30-05, 11:33 PM   #21
basstech

Find another girlfriend or expect to be nagged constantly. I've never known a woman that does that kind of nagging to ever stop. Most guys I know either give up the woman or give up the fishing...never known anyone to be able to keep up with both when they don't like ya "fishing too much".
Old 07-30-05, 11:48 PM   #22
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Just think of that song by Brad Paisly................... Well I love her..... But I love to fish.... I spend all day out on this lake and hell is all I catch... But today she met me at the door... and said I would have to choose.... If I hit that fishin hole today shed... Be packing all her things and shed.... be gone by noon................................ Well im gonna miss her when I get home... Right now im on this lake shore and im sittin in the sun.. Im sure it will hit me when I get home tonight.... Hey im gonna miss her.... Oh lookey there I've got a bite.
Old 07-31-05, 07:59 AM   #23
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassthumb32
Ive Taken Her Before But She Just Complains The Whole Time And Makes A Lot Of Noise. Its Too Much.
Sounds like YOU don't want her around when fishing. Women complain, whether they are fishing, driving, working, sitting, drinking, whatever, it's what they do best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassthumb32
She Does Like When I Bring The Money Home, But Its The Part That I Need To Practice Before The Tournament So I Can Win Some Money That Shes Having Trouble Understanding.
NO fishing, means NO MONEY. It's my job dear

Lizards
Old 07-31-05, 08:11 AM   #24
Bass_fishing_girl

Send a message via Yahoo to Bass_fishing_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule
Women complain, whether they are fishing, driving, working, sitting, drinking, whatever, it's what they do best. Lizards
Hey, now, i don't complain anymore than any other person (man, woman, or child). I do alot of things really well, and complaining is not even in the top ten

Sandra

P.S. --- i guess i shouldn't take offense, i don't even consider myself a woman. (It just makes a person sound really, really old

Give us this day our daily limit :D
Old 08-01-05, 08:46 AM   #25
bassthumb32

Well You Guys I Am Happy To Say That I Had A Breakthrough Yesterday I Took My Girlfriend Fishing. It Started Out Like It Always Does. I Went Up To This Point Where I Always Catch Fish And I Pulled Two Out Immediatly. So She Asked If She Could Make A Few Casts So I Sat There And Taught Her (again) How To Cast. She Didnt Make Any Casts Anyways. But I Thought That That Was Great. So Later She Starts Complaining Agian. So I Told Her Ill Go Hook A Big Fat Carp And She Is Interested. We Cruise On Over To A Place Where All The Fat Mudsuckers Swim Around At And I Throw Out Some Oatmeal On My Hook. Sit There For A Little And I Hook A Nice Fish And Let Her Reel It In. She Was So Happy. Last Night When I Left Her House She Said That I Would Have To Take Her Fishing Again Because She Had A Lot Of Fun. So Thanks For Your Help Everyone. I Just Hope That It Keeps Going On Like This.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.