Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-07, 09:24 PM   #1
NJBassDevil
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Good Day on Spruce Run...

Had a great day at the Run. Figured the fish were deep on points so I hit the points across from the ramp with the shakey head. Slammed back on a huge fish. Best fight of the year. Drag peeling out and him pulling the rod under the water. Great feeling! After that I lost one on the shakey head. Saw some nice bass from 0-5 feet. As the sun went down I tried some topwater. Had 2 blow ups but they both missed the spook. As I was launching these 2 guys had literally 10 rods casted out where you can beach your boat. He was really in the way and he had a Nice hybrid sitting in the shade in a bucket. Why cant they just go shore fish where everyone else does? People are jerks. The water level is getting LOW. I'll say it was 3-4ft low today. Water temp was 85, water clarity was stained, the bass was in 5ft of water on a dropoff, light winds and I got him on a Shakey Head. He was 19.5" and about 3 1/2 lbs.

Jerks fishing right by the ramp. I almost got my TM caught in their line...

Me getting the bass outta the livewell...

HOGS!!!

Bass was release immediatly after pic was taken without any harm.

Last edited by NJBassDevil; 07-18-07 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Forgot to put something in
NJBassDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-07, 09:40 PM   #2
OHBassFishinRedneck
BassFishin.Com Member

Great Story to go along with great pics!!! Nice Bass!!!
OHBassFishinRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-07, 09:48 PM   #3
bassfisher02
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

I'll tell you what, them there are some great shoes!! i wear them everywhere, they are as comfortable as you can get. With that being said, i'd say them shore fisherman were there for business, a rod every 10 ft, they were lookin to catch some dinner. Furthermore, thats a nice bass you got therre, goes to show even the [relatively] little guys can put on a fight. In addition, thats a nice boating set up you have there, and that area you fish is beautiful.
Old 07-18-07, 09:50 PM   #4
NJBassDevil
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisher02 View Post
I'll tell you what, them there are some great shoes!! i wear them everywhere, they are as comfortable as you can get. With that being said, i'd say them shore fisherman were there for business, a rod every 10 ft, they were lookin to catch some dinner. Furthermore, thats a nice bass you got therre, goes to show even the [relatively] little guys can put on a fight. In addition, thats a nice boating set up you have there, and that area you fish is beautiful.
Thanks dude. Everyone makes comments about those loafers. IDK WHY! There great! Thats actually a good bass in Jersey. I love my boat. Its got everything!
Old 07-18-07, 10:19 PM   #5
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

Yeah... one day I too will have a boat of my own to spend hours upon hours customizing and piddling with in the garage, then hours upon hours upon even more hours out on the water.
Old 07-19-07, 12:03 AM   #6
Super Fluke

Nice fish.
Old 07-23-07, 11:38 PM   #7
Botte
BassFishin.Com Member

Nice bass! My girlfriend lives in Branchburg, so I've fished Spruce Run and Round Valley. Unfortunately from the shore. If your ever lookin for a fishin buddy, I'd be happy to join you.
Botte is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.