Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-11, 12:38 PM   #1
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Hot water bassin!

Despite temps in the triple digits and heat indexs of 110+ I managed to talk a friend into going fishing last Tuesday. We get there really early and I catch a dink off the ramp on my second cast on a buzzbait. Thinking it's going to be a good day I keep chunking the buzzbait. 30 minutes and no bites later we're both fishing brush hogs trying to find a bite. My buddy catches a small flathead on his brush hog and then gets smacked on the backside of a marina walkway has to haul this fish over the walkway. His first one of the day went 4 on the button.

Resized to 49% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlarge

I caught a couple small ones and then I caught my first good one of the day, 4lbs 3oz on a baby brush hog out from under a dock and we start to notice the big fish seem to be under docks.

Resized to 65% (was 768 x 1024) - Click image to enlarge

So we're running around fishing docks and catching a small one now and then when we pull into a different marina. It was getting real hot and we were both wanting to grab a snack so I start to troll over to the marina dock just when my shakeyhead gets thumped. Set into a solid fish that jumps and dives straight down and goes under a cable S@#T! Amazingly my 8lb test holds and I coax her back out and into my hand. My biggest of the day goes 4lbs 7oz.

Resized to 65% (was 768 x 1024) - Click image to enlarge

Things just stopped after that. We fished about 3 more hours with 3 bass, 1 drum, and a tiny flathead to show for it. All and all I can't really complain about the results considering the conditions and the fact that the water was 92 degrees in most areas of the lake!
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-11, 12:50 PM   #2
Z-Man
BassFishin.Com Member

Some nice looking fish ya caught there! Did really well considering the conditions. I couldn't bring myself to go out today.
Old 07-21-11, 01:43 PM   #3
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Now that's some hot water!! But those are some quality fish to show for it!

What plastic did ya have on the shaky head btw?
Old 07-21-11, 05:09 PM   #4
bamabassman

SON!!! good job blue.
Old 07-22-11, 02:09 AM   #5
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Thanks guys.
Bassboss, I was fishing a Netbait T-mac worm in watermelon/jelly. I actually got them to fish this weekend for smallmouth but decided to give them a test drive because of the unusually clear water that we were dealing with. I guess those zebra mussels are starting to have an effect of the lake.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-11, 06:44 PM   #6
keithdog

Thats a great day in the hot weather pal. Congrats! Yeah, we have Zebra mussels in a lake not far from here called Pine Lake. It has those and the water is bathtub clear most days.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.