Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-07, 04:37 PM   #1
Mattern Guide Servic
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Mattern Guide Service

Mattern Guide Service

Hello Everybody,

Psalm 43: Verses 3&4: Osend out thy light and thy truth; let them lead me, let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy.

Sam Rayburn:

Early bite is best around the grasses whether pencil or pepper. Nichols poppers in blue shad and sumo frogs in leopard pattern caught good Bass early. Nichols spinnerbaits in Chartruse/White combo's caught good Bass in the pencil grasses till about 9:30 am. Phantom Tackles stinko's in Watermelon Red worked wack stlye around pepper grass in 4-8 feet produced well with Bass up to around 7 lbs.

Water temps 85 degrees and water is clear from 147 bridge to Dam Areas. North of 147 stained as well as easley flat area and bear creek.

Lake Palestine:

Great topwater action early with Nichols poppers in Blue shad catching some really good Bass. Bass up to almost 8 lbs. caught on Nichols spinnerbaits in White/Chartruse worked around flooded grasses. Phatom Tackles stinko's working in shad colors rigged wacky style as well as zoom flukes in shad patterns. Brian Shaw caught his biggest Bass a 5.5 lber on a zoom fluke in shad color. The floods have cleaned up the north end so much the water has filtered clear like black tea. With all the vegetation to fliter it it is staying nice and bassy. Clear from Mid-Lake to Dam even more except for backs of creeks further south. Water temps in the mid 80's.

I am going on a missionary trip from July 24th to the 31st of July. I ask you to pray for me for a great net of fish that other churches will have to come and help harvest the catch like happened to Peter. i want to thank all those of you who keep up with my reports and you wonderful e-mails and your response to my sponsors.

Everybait I put my approval on and use in my tournaments and guide service I put in my reports. I really believe as they helped me catch more Bass they will do the same for you.Now we have picked up a new sponsor that is Skeeter Boats be sure and call them for your next boat. Give me a call for your bookings at 903-478-2633 and 903-724-1203 and we will be bookin from August on. Remember Jesus loves you and the devil is a liar. God Bless Don Mattern Sr. with Mattern Guide Service.

My Sponsors:

Nichols Lures: David Nichols 903-589-8100
Phantom Tackle: Phantomtackle.com
Skeeter Boats: Jim Gage 903-753-3515

Tell them Don Mattern Sr. sent ya
Date Added: 2007-07-21Type of Fishing: Bottom FishingCharter Service Name: Mattern Guide ServiceEmail Guide or Angler: donmat@earthlink.netCaptains Name: Don Mattern Sr.Region You Fish: TexasBiz Phone: 903-478-2633
Mattern Guide Servic is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.