Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-09, 06:01 PM   #1
DJ_Callahan_27
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Laser Bass Boat

Alright guys I just bought a 1988 19' Laser 3880 Bass boat. Thanks to Zooker for pointing me in the right direction. Well I got alittle more than the ad said though. If you seen the ad when Zooker posted it, it said it was for the boat and trailor only (no motor). It did have an old hand controled Johnson trolling motor also. When I went up to Ohio to look at the boat it still had the Suzuki 175 oil injected motor on it. After talking shop for a few min.s he informed me that it would take a couple of hours to remove the Suzuki but if I wanted it I could keep it with the boat.

I now have a Suzuki 175 hp oil injected motor that isn't running,but thats a different thread.

Now that I have my boat I plan on putting my Johnson GT 150 on it. I should be able to use my controls, cables, and wiring harnest from my Pro Craft I think or hope so anyway. I have a 6" or 10" jack plate on the other boat, should I use it on this one? If so how high or low should I set the prop?

This is where I need some help from Onefastlaser. He told me once before he could help if I get it....SO HELP...lol

Thanks guys I appreciate all your help.
DJ
DJ_Callahan_27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.