Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-05, 08:27 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default something you don't see every day

while out hunting this evening i was being barked at by a large grey squirrel. about 18 feet up in a gum tree on the side of my shooting lane. a massive bald eagle dove out of the sky grabbed the squirrel by the rear and controled crashed 10 feet from the bottom of my ladder stand. the squirrel turn's up to fight the eagle just grabbed him.and pecked the squirrel in the head killing it instantly. the eagle steps off the squirrel shakes it self-like a dog shakin water- i made a slight noise getting a better view the eagle looks at me. walks over to the squirrel grabs it and flys off.

this is as close as i have ever been to a wild bald eagle. which is very trippy. i never knew an eagle to take a squirrel but diffantly not something you see every day...

zooker
Old 11-05-05, 09:57 PM   #2
lizardsrule

WOW, I would have liked to see that. Those stinking squirrels, are a pain everytime I get up in a tree stand.

Lizards
Old 11-05-05, 10:21 PM   #3
Fishie
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

That's pretty neat.
Old 11-06-05, 08:01 AM   #4
pig n jig

Lizards, Squirrels stink ? what do they smell like?If they smell like garlic or crayfish,they have been rummaging through your boat.Make sure you pick those high dollar rods up so they can't chew on the cork. Never mind they have got a shimano reel attached, they will think they are junk and not chew on them. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-05, 09:54 AM   #5
zooker

lizard them squirrels are a bunch of free loaders he has been eatin my deer corn regularly -we bait deer here in nc- i figured first the year to come in and rid my self of a few tree rats..

i have been closer to and bald eagle but it was much smaller then this eagle.and a capitve bird.

zooker
Old 11-06-05, 10:36 AM   #6
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig
Lizards, Squirrels stink ? what do they smell like?If they smell like garlic or crayfish,they have been rummaging through your boat.Make sure you pick those high dollar rods up so they can't chew on the cork. Never mind they have got a shimano reel attached, they will think they are junk and not chew on them. P N J

You're just jealous that I actually can use a Shimano instead of those Okuma's and Daiwa's LMAO

Lizards
Old 11-06-05, 03:08 PM   #7
pig n jig

Lizards, I got a freind who has 3 shimanos for sale.I know 2 are curados and 1 is a Japanese import calcutta. Its got a price tag of 24,000 yen on it. If you want I can get a price for you. P N J
Old 11-06-05, 03:21 PM   #8
pig n jig

Lizards,If I caculated correctly, the 24000 yen converted to American dollar is $202.98. Thats alot of money, no matter what country your from.Maybe they should start giving the people something to brag about instead of letting loudmouths like me pick on thier products every chance I get. Did you see how much the new Curados are priced at ?..... P N J
Old 11-06-05, 06:09 PM   #9
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig
Lizards,If I caculated correctly, the 24000 yen converted to American dollar is $202.98. Thats alot of money, no matter what country your from.Maybe they should start giving the people something to brag about instead of letting loudmouths like me pick on thier products every chance I get. Did you see how much the new Curados are priced at ?..... P N J
No thanks I have enough right now. And no I didn't see the new price on the Curado. I have the following reels already
4ea Calais(2ea 100's, 1ea 200, and a 5:1 ratio 200 for cranking)
2ea Castaic(200 SF)
1ea Curado SF
1 ea Curado

All were bought within the last 10 months, are in Perfect working condition. I keep reel covers on them to avoid dents and scratches. So as you can see I have plenty of them for now. I only take 4 when tourney fishing, because I take 2 Spinning combo's. I wouldn't have bought them if I didn't believe they were worth the money. I have only bought 1 used reel, a Curado B5 and was unhappy with the condition, and parted with it to a guide. So I LOVE MY SHIMANO'S, and aint nothing you're gonna say that will change my mind. The only thing that could change my mind is break downs, which I haven't had. So nana nana booboo to you

Lizards
Old 11-06-05, 07:15 PM   #10
zooker

dam you too fully grown men are acting worst then the teenagers we got in here..
now pnj just because lizzy wants to actually use a ****mano instead of a really good reel is his own fault.you just should not pick on him because of his lack of good judgement...

zooker
Old 11-06-05, 07:38 PM   #11
pig n jig

I am sorry to hijack your post.I was fishing Hemlock lake and had a young eagle fly over while I was fishing, it casted a huge shadow, the only way I knew it was a young one was the D.E.C. was checking fishing licenses and he told me it was about a year old.When do they have a white head of feathers ?I thought it was a big Osprey or something because it didn't look like the standard looking eagle you see pictures of ? P N J
Old 11-06-05, 08:20 PM   #12
zooker

they have white belly feathers and a brown head -sorta- till they are full grown -3 years-then the white head will appear and belly feathers turn brown.

zooker
Old 11-07-05, 09:09 PM   #13
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
dam you too fully grown men are acting worst then the teenagers we got in here..
OH to be a teenager again, fast cars, fast girls, and lots of partying

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
now pnj just because lizzy wants to actually use a ****mano instead of a really good reel is his own fault.you just should not pick on him because of his lack of good judgement...

zooker
I am also sorry for hijacking your post, and you obviously do know a little about Eagles. Not very many folks know young ones don't have the white head. I believe it's because of all the nagging from the females, that make their feathers(hair) turn white. And you guys can pick on me anytime LOL, if I didn't have you guys picking on me, I wouldn't feel at home here

PNJ,

Nice signature LMAO

Lizards

Last edited by lizardsrule; 11-07-05 at 09:16 PM.
lizardsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-05, 10:53 PM   #14
Rodman_Rob

I had NEVER seen an Eagle in the wild until this year, and luckily I've actually seen 3 Eagles on 2 seperate occasions! The first time I was in the jeep on my way to go fishing, just got to the lake and decided to drive around to the other side. I turn the corner and see 2 Eagles bathing in the water 20-30 feet from me. As soon as I saw them I stopped the jeep and killed the engine. The eagles looked at me for a second and just resumed bathing. I sat there astonished. They stayed and frolicked in the water for a good 20 minutes before the first one flew across the lake and landed on a pine tree. The other eagle continued bathing another 10 minutes before flying away joining the other in the pine tree. The 3rd Eagle I saw while fishing at rodman, I heard big splash about 100 feet away, turned around to see what it was and I see an eagle flying away with a nice 3-5 lbs bass (kinda hard to tell the size from that distance). I'd say I've been pretty blessed this year with the wildlife I've seen.
Old 11-07-05, 11:00 PM   #15
KH.

reminds me of the time when i shot this squirel with a pellet gun and jumped to another tree and smacked against the fence,them my dogs got him
Old 11-08-05, 12:26 AM   #16
WTL

I see bald eagles all the time at Guntersville lake. There are also a good many now in Florida. They seem to be really coming back, although not as quickly as those motherf#$%& comorants.
Old 11-08-05, 01:43 PM   #17
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

one time i was hunting in my climber and it was really windy out and i was just haning on for the ride. i hear a tree start to fall and a look over and this tree is heading right at me so i grab ahold of the tree im in and hang on the other side. the tree is falling right at me and just nicks the edge of my bottom stand on its way to the ground. i cant believe that it didnt knock the stand down to the ground. scared the sh** out of me. thank god it wasnt a real big tree, it was just a long skinny tree with no branches i guess it was dead. i did get a doe with my bow that evening though.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.