Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-07, 08:43 PM   #1
thebus71h
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to thebus71h
Default Pond Fishing

Going to a friends pond on Saturday to catch some fish hopefully. It's fairly rocky on the bottom, and there are bass in there from what he's told me. He mainly catfishes, and I'll do a bit, but want to get some bassin' in as well. It's a fairly deep pond (about 20 foot), and he's told me he's pulled out 3 and 4 pound bass before out of there.

I'm thinking about throwing a non weighted senko (grn pumpkin), having a white spinnerbait on another, and one of my favorite a black shad powerbait worm tied onto the poles I'm going to take. What would you use in this situation?

I haven't really fished this kind of style before, and rather new to pond fishing.
Billy Rowlee #71h
thebus71h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 08:55 PM   #2
bobsmitter03
BassFishin.Com Member

I'd have some kind of topwater as well, maybe a buzzbait. A crankbait would work great also.
bobsmitter03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 08:59 PM   #3
ihateforwards

Send a message via AIM to ihateforwards

All I do is pond fishing because my dad is to busy to take me to the nearest reservoir. I will tell you right now that you have to literally put the bait in front of their faces in order for them to take it. Try the senko out, I've pulled out a 5 pounder from my pound using a super fluke, and since you live in Indiana, I'm going to say that you can use a stick bait (I prefer the shad rap from Rapala), twitch it SLOWLY. Oh, and if it rains in your area, go right after then, you can catch a lot of bass doing that.
ihateforwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 10:32 PM   #4
Jolly

I dunno what the water temp or what stage they are in there but they are probably in the very, very early stages of looking for places to spawn, meaning they probably won't be very active. With that said, I'd fish a weightless senko or fluke, a rattle trap, a suspending jerk bait, a crank bait, a spinner bait and a carolina rigged tiki stick, fry or small weenie worm (green in color). I'd keep the carolina rig pretty light (less then 1/4 oz). I'd vary my presentation speed and depth if I were you with everything you throw. Also, if you can find some structure, that would be a good place to start as well.

Jolly
Old 03-22-07, 10:52 PM   #5
hackattack

strike king zero green pumpkin wieghtless w/ a 3/0 hook
hackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 10:54 PM   #6
Curado

I like to throw a shaky head and football jig on rock bottoms. I would also try a crankbait.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.