Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-11, 06:25 PM   #1
AzodinKaos15
BassFishin.Com Member

Question Bed Fishing????

I had to write a research report last year on anything i wanted, so i did bed fishing. I saw that on most websites a floating lizard texas-rigged with a small bullet weight in front of it is a good presentation. The bass think that a amphibian of some sort is attacking their eggs. Let me know what you think.
Old 03-04-11, 06:36 PM   #2
Cavs1123
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Try it. I have caught bed fish on stickbaits mostly.
Old 03-04-11, 06:41 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

exactly waht the bass thinks pal. i love fishing with lizzards, although i don have the floating ones. i put mine RIGHT on the bed. the momma bass can't stand it. may take a while, but they'll get it.
Old 03-04-11, 09:43 PM   #4
lilmule

Exactly what a river2sea nest raider does,but it mimics the larger aquatic version better.at 7 in.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 09:43 PM   #5
flfireman

Ive actually had a ton of luck using the Storm wildeye shiners. Drop it in and nose it in the bed. Have been killing them with this technique. Also, green pumpkin paca craw with bullet weight screwed in the tale, reverse rigged so claws stick up. Will probably be using this technique Tuesday at the Big "O" for my tourney.
Old 03-04-11, 10:56 PM   #6
bamabassman

hoseman........can you post a pic of that setup? interesting for me to see. i have a bunch of paca's. want to see it rigged up.
Old 03-05-11, 11:20 AM   #7
Bob Smith

Quite frankly, anything in the nest at the wrong time will agitate a bass. Bluegills are despised even more than salamanders. After the female finishes her part and leaves the male to guard the fry, anything resembling a bluegill will get hammered viciously. Lizards are a nuisance and so are crawfish. Bass will usually carry the lizard out of the nest by the tail and drop it outside the nest.
One of the best baits I have used and seen used is the weightless tube rigged T-rigged. I like the Mizmo 4" Tubes in Chartreuse or Chartreuse/White. You can stop that bait over the nest and it will spiral downward and land in the nest (with practice). Rule of thumb is visibillity for you to see, not the bass. That way when they engulf the bait you will know it (sort of "now you see it, now you don't").
Old 03-05-11, 12:38 PM   #8
Bender

I've had the best luck using a drop shot rig with our little 3" "goby" in KLK color, which is similar to other company's Mardi Gras. It must look like a little bluegill. The other bait that I have seen that looks interesting is the Bed Bug.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 05:55 PM   #9
keithdog

When I was a kid, my father who sold insurance had a friend who fished the lake he lived across the street from. Every year this guy would catch several HOGS year round. And his secret...the Spotted and the Tiger Salamander, live ones. He paid the neighbor kids a bounty for them and he fished them shallow around lilly pads.
Old 03-06-11, 11:19 AM   #10
Bassboss

Little jigs, with little trailers, it's easy for them to get it in there mouth so you've got a good hook up ratio.What ever color you can see best is great, white is a popular color.
Old 03-06-11, 03:04 PM   #11
keveldae
BassFishin.Com Member

Post bed fishing

I've had my best results fishing dropshot with a small beaver type bait . You can drag it , twitch it or slowly lift it to get the fish to bite . It seems to me that there is always a spot on a bed that fincky bass are always willing to defend . It's not always in the middle and the dropshot for me . makes it easier to find and work effectively
keveldae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 04:24 PM   #12
Lvitch
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Anything in a bed will not be tolerated, but bluegills are hated. When you find a picky bass, go small, and you have to find the sweet spot on the bed. If a fish spots you and comes back in a min. Or so its catchable.
Old 03-21-11, 12:12 PM   #13
Frogman20
BassFishin.Com Member

Water dogs work good and they have a nice one at River2sea. Even a weighted Senko split in the middle will work if tossed directly in the bed use a dark color to mimic a lizard or waterdog.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.