Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-09, 09:22 PM   #1
Nitro 640
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Trailer tires?

I was wondering if you guys knew where I could find new tires for my trailer? I would also like to find a spare kit for it also since the prev. owner never had one. Looking for a place online since the local tire shops told me like $80-90 each since oil prices! Seems really high.
Nitro 640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-09, 09:53 PM   #2
Jackl
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

NITRO,
I have tried many different brands of trailer tires over the years, and have never found anything that towed better than Good Year. As far as I am concerned, Good year car tires SUCK, but thier trailer tires can not be beat!!!
JackL
Old 01-09-09, 02:26 AM   #3
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes....arathon+Radial
Your tires will ship from the South Bend, IN warehouse and you will have them the next day after ordering with ground shipping. I buy a lot of tires and always get them from here.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09, 06:35 PM   #4
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackl View Post
NITRO,
I have tried many different brands of trailer tires over the years, and have never found anything that towed better than Good Year. As far as I am concerned, Good year car tires SUCK, but thier trailer tires can not be beat!!!
JackL
my currant trailer tire is a kumo trailer radial.. always go with a radial i have gone the bias route -no thanks- remember most trailers wear the inside of the tire off.. goodyear cost out the but, however they are the best you can get.. goodyear marthons and the kumo jobs i use have 12 ply side walls..this is so when a tire goes at normal highway speeds the tread which is 4-6 ply will explode first. by the time you get stopped you just have to replace the tire. any other tire with a standard 4-6 ply side wall by the time you get stopped you will also need to buy a new $600 mag rim..

zooker
Old 01-11-09, 07:48 PM   #5
boater
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I am not sure if I have a favorite brand tires BUT if you are sitting on the side of the highway with a blow out because you tried to save 10 bucks you will be kicking your self
boater is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.