Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-09, 09:14 AM   #1
Tennessee
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Just some thoughts

I went fishing yesterday with a buddy..and the more we talked about how much we loved fishing and about the classic. I got to thinking about some things. I think the good Lord made fishing for all men and women to enjoy, but there are a handful of people that seem to always have the extra fish in the boat or that one size better, and you always see them on the winning side of the tourney.

These are the God given talents...Same as in football,baseball,golf, and so on.

I know for a fact my God given talents not in fishing..but I sure do work really hard at being the best, and I would like to think I'm pretty strong willed.

As is true with most sports you got guys and gals that are there cause they put their time in played hard and listen like they had a sponge in their head taking in all knowledge about the sport they are playing..making sure they see play time to get put in the right situation to learn what do do when it arrives.

Just as in fishing. Hit the lake every chance you get listen to the ones before you and focus on what you want..put in the time and you can handle anything thrown at you.

I want to thank everyone on this forum thats shares info and tips cause with out yall..I wouldn't be as good as I am now then when I joined..I also want to thank you for the friendly warm welcome

Later Will

Last edited by Tennessee; 02-24-09 at 09:19 AM. Reason: typo
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-09, 10:04 PM   #2
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

yeah thats a great point.... i want to prove god has given me the ability to pass his words onto people through my fishing..... and its a great point that peope like me need to fish at must as they can.... 13 hours over the weekend.... 2 hours on monday... went over to my frineds house today to see his new boat and talk fishing...

great post
Old 02-24-09, 10:27 PM   #3
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I never looked at it that way!

Thanks to all that make this site what it is, and hats off to Kevin for creating this wonderful site!
Old 02-24-09, 10:35 PM   #4
bamabassman

right on tennesee. that is why we are all here. and listen, the pros DO look at this site. learn and read everything we talk about.
i too wish i had a brain that could absorb all ther is here, but i can't,lol. at least not yet. 47 years old and still learning about this wonderful, thrilling sport we all love. and being out on the water just enjoying what HE CREATED, awesum. makes one feel really small out there in the scheme of things.
Old 02-24-09, 10:56 PM   #5
Tall

Nice thoughts Tennesse, I second them.

I got to thinking a couple weeks ago if I had to eat what I was catching I was going hungry. Then the LORD answered prayers and I got a good one. Now if Doc and Lowrider will leave a few, I might get a great one. Got to be good end of this week with this warm weather I am thinking.

Good luck to all, next few weeks if warmer weather sets in big things might get interesting.
CHRIST loves you and died for you John 3:16
Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-09, 11:50 PM   #6
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Amen brothers. Never give up a good chance to witness on a fishing trip. And always look for those openings He has provided elsewhere.
Old 02-24-09, 11:52 PM   #7
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I hope most of you get it in my sig line. I'm not talking about incarsaration. LOL and God Bless.
Old 02-25-09, 01:54 AM   #8
Tall

Your what line-SIG? I am over the hill to know all this new talk is. I have finailly got the LOL Laugh out loud. Well son had to explain it to me, but on top of it now.

I see a lot of the pros give thanks to the LORD when thy catch one and looks like we have some folks thankful on here as well. It make for nice chats and sharing information-well mostly learning on my part.

Time to get some shut eye and get ready for another 24 hour shift.
CHRIST loves you and died for you John 3:16
Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 03:11 PM   #9
aikenyounggun

yeah my club once a year takes a local organization that cares for kids that dont have parents or has one that cant provide for them and take them fishing.... we have a guy that lets us fish his great stocked pond..... we bring the fishing stuff and help them and we feed them.... also whoever has the most length wins a trophy...

2 kids caught 6 pounders last year and everyone caught fish.....i helped a 5 year old and on her first cast i went to go unhook a bluegill for another girl and when i turned around her line was just a swimming off.... so sheset the hook and 30 seconds later she had her first bass... about a pound and a half.... she wouldnt even touch it but by the end of the day she wanted to hold her fish

that always makes me feel good and i think that is what god wants us to do with fishng.... be fishers of men
Old 02-25-09, 04:29 PM   #10
Foyt20

Send a message via AIM to Foyt20

^^^ Thats awesome.
Foyt20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 10:16 PM   #11
aikenyounggun

yeah helping those kids is the one of the most rewarding experiences of my life
Old 02-25-09, 11:30 PM   #12
Basscrazie

This sight is amazing and has lots of knowlegeable people that are willing to share..
Thanks to all..It has grown alot since i joined for a reason.
Basscrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 12:16 AM   #13
keithdog

Right on Tennessee. I don't know to what degree my talents are God given, or have been learned, developed and honed over the years. But I do thank the good Lord each and every day that he gives me to get out and enjoy the beauty of each and every day he gives me. I might be having an awsome day of fishing, hooking bass with regularity, or I may be taking one fish every one hundred casts. It doesn't matter really in my book. I know the day will come when my rods will sit silently and my tackle box will be handed down to a young eager angler just as my grandfathers box was handed down to me at the age of seven years old. I just take each day as the gift it is from our heavenly father giving him thanks all along the way.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 09:35 AM   #14
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I'm not a very religious person, but I do believe in God, and that he's given each of us free will and the ability to have and use thought and reason. Not sure how individual talents and skills fit into that, but somehow it must.

The skills needed to play sports, including fishing have to be learned. To the best of my limited knowledge, no one is born with the instinct and senses to Bass fish. On the other hand Bat & ball sports tend to require more born with skills and instincts.

Sure you need the physical skills in order to be able to cast, pitch, flip, and tie knots. But everything else we do is a learned skill or a learned and mentally filed piece of information that fits together as a piece of the larger puzzle. You can catch fish with a $5 rod and reel while the guy with a $500 setup is just pulling up weeds.

The answer is acquired knowledge. The desire to learn, to file, and to put all that assorted knowledge/information into a meaningful mental book on fishing. And equally important is the ability to be able to recall that information when needed without any conscience effort.
Old 02-26-09, 09:45 AM   #15
JB

Joel,
well put an I have to agree with ya!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 05:10 PM   #16
fish2

Send a message via AIM to fish2

I believe that I have to 2nd JB comment
Old 02-26-09, 06:13 PM   #17
bamabassman

me as well, now if i could just learn how to file the info and be able to retrieve it, lmao.
Old 02-26-09, 06:33 PM   #18
aikenyounggun

yep you might have natural ability but you still got to learn just like with any other sport... practice makes perfect
Old 03-01-09, 05:04 PM   #19
hookset on 3

It's like people ask why I fish. If you have to ask, you don't understand.
hookset on 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 05:30 PM   #20
Jim80

right on joel

Jim
Old 03-01-09, 05:34 PM   #21
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
right on tennesee. that is why we are all here. and listen, the pros DO look at this site. learn and read everything we talk about.
he is right on both accounts.. the reason we all here is learn from others.. lets face it you can only learn so much by your self. talking to other poeple on a board like this and listening to a differant take on what your doing with the same bait..fresh ideas are always welcome....

remember your fishing style is in a box if you listen to others who are using an out side the box idea...you're goin to try it if for no other reason that to say you tried it..if it starts to prodouce results your are going to continue to do this..

no idea or trick is stupid.. no matter how off the wall it sounds..if it works for you that is all that matters..

last year i picked a snippit on how to use a hula grub texas rigged.. it has been become one of my go to plastics since..

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.