Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-05, 03:58 PM   #1
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default New Reservoir, What to you guys Think?

I am going here this weekend to camp, and have never fished it before, i am shore fishing, and was just wondering what area you guys think looks best. Thanks
Old 10-05-05, 04:33 PM   #2
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

well, given that its coming into fall season, I would fish the shallow area's in that uppermost corner, all the way down to the retaining wall. If you have boat access, I'd hit the reefs in that area and maybe try the stumps. After that, I'd continue on down that bank, skip the beach part of it, and start fishing the shallows and hitting the reefs again, all the way down to Reef 6. Got a lot of fish attractors but they look to be in rather deep water and not too effective for the most part. When I got to that bottom side, if its a rock wall I'd helicopter spinnerbaits down it or drop worms right on it and let them fall. The left(west) side looks to be a little deep for this time of year, in my opnion.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-05, 09:09 AM   #3
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Well it really looks like a nice reservoir, the deeper water will obviously hold the smallies better, especially around the fish attractors. I would start all along the northern most point, all down along the southeastern side. All the way to the SE outlet. Looks like a great lake for a boat though, but as usual look for laydowns, riprap, pilings, any type of cover you can get to. I might just take a raft with me to get to some of those other parts if you do have access to one. Good luck, and let us know how you did. But if you could rent a lttle boat for cheap and could afford it, I would definately do that to get to some of those other areas.

Lizards
Old 10-09-05, 05:06 PM   #4
rrw4258

well just got back a little while ago, and did not even catch one fish, bluegilll, or bass? They were not just hitting, it rained almost all weekend, we got 3.5 inches. Oh well! IT was FREEZING too, only bout 45 deg.
Old 10-13-05, 09:33 PM   #5
foxworthy
BassFishin.Com Member

only 45 degrees nothin too cold,jk

they uasully dont hit in that kind of weather
Old 10-13-05, 10:15 PM   #6
Fishie

Try a dropshot fly out in deeper water. Fish are less affected.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.