Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-06, 06:55 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default dtf 7 heads up

the new dt flat crankbait come in 2 version's. dtf-7 and the dtfss-7. the dtf-7 has standard rapala hooks on it -which i change out any way-the ss-7 has the vmc sure set hooks designed by fritts. which i hate any way. the differance is $6.59 for standard $6.99 for the ss-7 baits.. they are the excat same bait just differant hooks..
got some dtf-14 on order..itching to try out the dtf-7 maybe sunday..

zooker
Old 01-12-06, 09:09 PM   #2
bass kicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

i have not even triied my regular dt baits yet i cant wait to do that
Old 01-12-06, 09:41 PM   #3
Basspro wannabe
BassFishin.Com Member

Give me a report on them zooker, I looked at them really hard but haven't bought any yet
Basspro wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-06, 11:21 AM   #4
bassnman30

The Fritts hooks won't hang up as bad as expected. Used one yest (Thur) while at Tillery and they worked well.
Also Zook, yes we did get on some fish. I caught 4 "good" keepers and Don also caught a few keepers. This of course was after I loaned him "one" of my favorite crankbaits. I'll leave the guessing up to you as to what it was !
(could have been a regular crank, or perhaps a lippless crank, I seemed to have forgotten !)
Old 01-13-06, 04:36 PM   #5
zooker

i took the dtf7 to work passed it round to the guys that fish. seeing their is about 150 years of combined crank bait experiance sitting in that tiny room. you will get a definate opinion very quickly.all of them said" looks like a bagleys flat b knock off" i tend to agree.also the opinion of the sure set/scorpion hooks was"take that motha off the front. it would hang in the first brush pile it comes to" i also tend to agree. they were more mixed on the same hook on the back. actually one said "texas rig a grub in it" besides raining i test drove the bait. wiggles very fast and narrow. as it has a bb chamber rattles pretty good. though i did not catch a fish on it yet. the bait wind drifts a whole lot more than a dt6-wind blowing 15-20- i could not get the extreme distance i was looking for. a good caster not great caster.
now that i am home i am currantly removing the ss hook off the front and replacing it with a #4 tripple grip mustad. i know a #2 would be better but i like to get them down in the thick brush with light line. and besides if you catch a bass on the front hook he almost always has the rear hook in him some where..

bassnman
first cast hung a what ?? tree limb hung were? the big hook on the front treble..

you have heard my opinion of tillery . for thos of you who anit you can quote me on this."it should be drained and made into a parking lot"

zooker
Old 01-13-06, 08:39 PM   #6
bass kicker

so you suggest you remove the treble on them and but a different brand on

mustads are my fav treble
Old 01-15-06, 01:45 PM   #7
bassnman30

Ahhh, Zook, went yest. yes in the slight breeze (had the water white capping). We caught several in coves and some were keepers as well. I did catch a bass on the DT7 with the regular Fritts hooks. No hang up's no problems. Yes that was at Tillery. You just got to know were the fish are. Is your experience limited on that body of water ? Not as hard as finding fish on Badin, in my opinion.
Old 01-15-06, 08:22 PM   #8
zooker

slight brezze ?? lol yeah it was almost cane force in places.

i just anit none to fond of tillery at all..i have caught fish there just not consitantly..

zooker
Old 01-16-06, 02:30 PM   #9
bassnman30

I normally do ok at Tillery, once caught a bass that was 4 1/2 lbs. Biggest bass of the tournament. On another trip I caught one that weighed over 4 and it was also the biggest bass of that tourney. Have caught loads of keepers as well. Like I said before, you just gotta know where to look. I tell ya it's easier than Badin.
This winter was the best that Badin has ever treated me. But then again I now know where to look. Note; Did they ever restock that lake ?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.