Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-06, 06:49 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default picky fish you bet

any time the water temp goes up the fish get much more seletive toward baits.. for example sunday i was fishing very clear water with 6+ feet visablity. i was fishing a large flat mostly 4-10 feet deep. i could see the bait and fish in the shallower end.. on a long leadered carolina rig. i was catching them on a zoom mag II june bug worm. i only had a few of these and did not want to run out. so i tried a june bug finesse worm the fish did not even look at it..a berkley june bug power worm they followed it-no bites- a terminater snap back worm in june bug would look but no bites throw a zoom mag II insant hook up..

about every plastic bait company makes there verison of a june bug worm. some are more black than purple some have more green flake. ect.. finding the RIGHT color of june bug is important. speificly in hotter water temps.. by the way june bug is just and example it could have been any color..

zooker
Old 07-10-06, 07:27 PM   #2
JB

I've always liked the manns junebug with the blue reflective streaks in it...
Sunday I liked it more than the fish tho, they just stared at it as I was sight fishing in about the same conditions as zooker....
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-06, 08:18 PM   #3
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I have been using these junebug worms.I wasn't fond of the junebug color, but it catches fish. P N J
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0019.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	578  
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-06, 10:08 PM   #4
flfireman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Been using the 10" Charlie Worm in junebug, the grape has also been producing. Still can't stop the fish from eating the watermelon paca craw though.
Old 07-10-06, 10:28 PM   #5
lizardsrule

Funny you should mention this zook. Sunday went fishing with a buddy at more or less a tidal river. We headed all the way to where it really was a creek, but pretty deep in spots up to 17'. I worked through the baits, and got nothing. While my partner put three fish in the boat with a weightless junebug trick worm. I switched to a Senko(yeah I know lol)green, and quickly went through the entire bag. However he was still catching them also. BTW most of what we caught were those stinking worthless MUDFISH, with about every fourth one being a Bass. We did put over 14 keepers in the boat between us. Now the problem is I have no more Senko's, so I decide think everything we've thrown "WEIGHTLESS" has been the ticket. So I grab a pack of Junebug lizards and go through that pack quicker than the Senko's. I grab a pack of Black lizards(Got lots of those LOL) and go through a pack of those also. Bite did die down a little from time to time, but mostly we were getting bites all day. I went back to my t-rigged Paca 1/8oz, and nothing. So I pulled out the Pulse worms, one of my not so favorite colors, Light Tan, and get nothing, nada, I mean not even a follower. Then I tie on a lighter colored trick worm, and nothing. The whole thing was weightless, and dark colors, didn't matter what dark color, just dark. All in all we went through about 6 bags of plastics, 5 of them mine LOL. I did catch some on a crank(it had to be chartreuse?). And of course lost a big something, that left me a nice slice in the finger LOL. So my pattern was a lot different from yours, but it was still a pattern the fish wanted. Everyday it can be something different, and sometimes it's a B---h to figure it out.

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.