Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-12, 06:56 AM   #1
Fish-N-Fool
BassFishin.Com Member

Default My stinger hook setup for Hollow belly swimbaits

I started using this stinger setup for the hallow belly swimbaits after missing a bunch of fish while Pike fishing last year,
I use a Duo-lock snap in a fairly small size and added a size 1 treble hook to it and rigged it but sticking one of the trebles in it back. It didn't seem to hurt the action any and I did get better hookups.
Here is my setup; it's simple, and I think a good way to go. I haven't had any real problem with this so far though. This is 6" Basstrix Swimbait with the Gammy 7/0 keel weighted hook with the screw eye in front.

But it does catch alot more weeds and in some of the areas I fish it just didn't work, as all I hooked was weeds. Now I fish them with this stinger in any of the more open water and I came up with a more weedless stinger setup when I fish in the trashier stuff. It does kill the action some, but the fish still seam to bite it fine.
This stinger setup has been my little secret, but now I have decided to let the cat outa da bag. I use the trailer hook made by I think it's Eagle Claw, but I got them so long ago I forget for sure. Anyway take the rubber stuff they put in the hook eye out with a knife to open the hole up. The action of the bait much better with out it. Then I put it over the hook pointing up and rig it a as shown just like you rig the swimbait hook. Even done this way it does take away a little of the action, but not so much the fish don't still want to eat them. I fish this in the trashy water when I'm having hookup problems. This hooks slightly less fish then the treble hooked stinger setup does, but a whole lot less weeds.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.