Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-07, 12:00 AM   #1
OUTLAW
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Who ?

I know were not supposed to talk about politics here., Who should WE vote for, ( As Sportsmen )and what are our options,If I had a choice ,I would personally vote for Rebasser.
I LOVE AMERICA, but we need some changes.

What would you do?
Old 04-29-07, 08:35 AM   #2
Bo Dale James Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Smile Two party system

Maybe you haven't seen the clips of McCain telling people to "lighten up and get a life". He may be older but a straight shooter is something we need now.

George is a straight shooting guy also, he has been doing what he thought was right and at the time he did it all those mealy mouthed liberals were on board with it.
We are mired in a two party system so when people say "change"
that means the only option is the party not in the white house at the current time. Do you really think Hillary or Obama are the answer? How about John Edwards, dude gets 400.00 haircuts that look like crap and won't even pay for them himself (until he gets caught). All the Dems want to do is make you dependant on them. A good conservative wants you to rely on yourself and be responsible for your own actions. I'm not going on a rant, I'll save that for my good buddy FR. I can't wait to see his post on this subject!!
Old 05-01-07, 11:56 PM   #3
OUTLAW

I agree Bo
Old 05-02-07, 12:49 AM   #4
senko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Dale James Jr. View Post
save that for my good buddy FR. I can't wait to see his post on this subject!!
yep lol im waitin.....
Old 05-02-07, 08:15 PM   #5
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

My vote is for Paul Sr. Maybe we can get Zooker to run against him!!!

Paul Sr for Prez 2008
Attached Images

Old 05-03-07, 12:24 PM   #6
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Ron Paul.

(Or maybe, perhaps Fred Thompson should he run).
Old 05-03-07, 05:06 PM   #7
ROBZILLA

Ron Jeremy is a good pick too!
Old 05-03-07, 08:47 PM   #8
OUTLAW

[QUOTE] MR>HANKY FOR PRESIDENT
Old 05-08-07, 03:39 PM   #9
betursweetbass

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

Ditto Ron Paul if you wanna get serious, if not, I would vote for Robin Williams.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-07, 05:54 PM   #10
zooker

all right i will push for leaglized **&^%^$^&^ in america..(edited by the cia)

immagration is going to be a huge subject..i.n.s. caught 350 illegels in north carolina last week. there is 11 million illegels in the US.north carolina has the second largest population of them in the US..texas is #1...

zooker
Old 05-08-07, 10:56 PM   #11
OUTLAW

Default Flyrod For President

vote For "flyrod 2008"
Old 05-08-07, 11:01 PM   #12
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Dale James Jr. View Post
Maybe you haven't seen the clips of McCain telling people to "lighten up and get a life". He may be older but a straight shooter is something we need now.

George is a straight shooting guy also, he has been doing what he thought was right and at the time he did it all those mealy mouthed liberals were on board with it.
We are mired in a two party system so when people say "change"
that means the only option is the party not in the white house at the current time. Do you really think Hillary or Obama are the answer? How about John Edwards, dude gets 400.00 haircuts that look like crap and won't even pay for them himself (until he gets caught). All the Dems want to do is make you dependant on them. A good conservative wants you to rely on yourself and be responsible for your own actions. I'm not going on a rant, I'll save that for my good buddy FR. I can't wait to see his post on this subject!!
Bo, I can safely say you and Flyrod are on the same page-as am I.

Outlaw, thanks for the vote but it would cut in to my fishing too much-I'll pass .
Old 05-14-07, 11:18 AM   #13
thebus71h

Send a message via AIM to thebus71h

It's time for a change in the Oval Office. I'm a huge Bill Clinton fan, and a huge Anti Bush guy. he has screwed up way to much stuff, and this administration is a joke. many things need revamped, and honestly, at this point, I don't know if I like any of them yet, havn't done enough research.

I do believe that hilary may be a good answer, she was basically running the country for Bill anyway, and personally, I thought it was fine then. Gas was cheap, we didn't go to war and kill our troops for no reason at all other than oil, if the only bad thing he did was get his winky played with, and my gas was cheaper, taxes were a tad bit cheaper, and nobody was royally screwing with us, seems like awinner to me.
Billy Rowlee #71h
thebus71h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 02:34 PM   #14
WTL

Bill Clinton did jack **** for 8 years. He had a good economy thanks to Bill Gates and the computer revolution, but he didn't invent the internet or anything. He just sat in the oval office and recieved hummers from interns.

Actually, hands off isnt a bad model for a president, but Hillary would not be hands off. She wants her pasty white hands on whatever she can get them on. She is a bull d*% of the highest order, and she wants to penetrate every sector of the national government with her influence.

I will say that the day Bush was elected was a bad day for the GOP. Had Gore been elected in '00, the economy would have had its downturn, 9/11 would have still happened, and he would have been a 1 term President. We would have then got McCain or someone along those lines who is competent, albeit not spectacular.

Now, once again we have a choice yet don't - there are no outstanding candidates with a shot. Again, Hillary is bad - real bad. Obama is the second coming of JFK, all style, no substance, no credentials. McCain is old and given to odd judgement (campaign finance reform has been a disaster). Guiliani is not really a republican. He is a yankee however, which is a bad thing as well.

Fred Thompson is really the only viable guy I can see on the horizon as being potentially a good president. Maybe we could return to normalcy.
Old 05-15-07, 10:46 AM   #15
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

Did anyone see the South Park episode where Stan doesn't want to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich for school mascot? That's how I've always felt about politics. I think some politicians get into it for the right reasons and eventually cave to special interests. I've never voted, never will.
Old 05-15-07, 11:12 AM   #16
bassintxlady

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

i would vote for cranky....he's easily taught with good information, and always willing to learn new things....yep....cranky would have my vote!!!!
Old 05-15-07, 12:41 PM   #17
ahassell
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ahassell

I may not should post this but lets look at the facts

1st we have high gas prices .
who controls that ? its not the goverment its supply and demand we use we pay . Also we now have democrates running congress why have they not lowered prices then because they cant .

2nd 9/11 was an attack on the USA plain and simple the people who planned it and carried out dont have the means to conduct a traiditional war so they attack us however they can . I was glad to see a President stand up and tell the world we are not going to take this crap anymore and do somthing about it .

3rd Iraq now there is a hot issue . I hate to say this but we have been misslead and lied to over and over again by who The media we didnt go in to Iraq because of WMDs or because Sadum was an evil ruler We went in because they had been warned time and again to comply with the UN sancitions that where put in place after the Gulf war ( remember that We where asked to help free kuwita )

I have strong feelings that if a differant President had been in power we would have tried sanctions or talking to them or somthing along those lines . These people have seen the USA back down every time they attack us . They only understand one thing action .

so when you go to the polls to cast a vote rember this vote for a person who will put the country first and uphold the constitution ( I want to live in a free country and dont want the goverment to tell me how to live ) And dont take my hard earned money and give to someone who doesnt want to work .
In the past the gov has taken the stance we have to help all these people who are down on there luck ( help is fine but dont suport them for years and generation after generation )

I am sorry to get on my soap box However it just hits me wrong when things dont go right everone wants to blame the President ( if you go out and dont catch any fish is it his fault )
I would love to see all americans stand up and tell the Goverment how we want things done . ( However we all know that will never happen because we all know what makes this contry run MONEY and Speical interest groups )
I will end this now if I have ruffled feathers I am sorry
A Hassell
ahassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-07, 07:09 PM   #18
WTL

Krueger,

thats voting. By remaining silent, you are saying in a sense that there is no candidate worth wasting your time on.

I hate how people try and demand that we vote, or that we have to vote for a mainstream candidate. The only way to really voice your dissatisfaction at the ballot box is to not vote or to vote for someone who is in essense a protest candidate. That, or do like some guy did for our SGA elections at UA for several years...vote for Launchpad McQuack.
Old 05-15-07, 07:51 PM   #19
crankybait

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassintxlady View Post
i would vote for cranky....he's easily taught with good information, and always willing to learn new things....yep....cranky would have my vote!!!!
Wow totally unexpected! Thanks for the compliment... Although I'd have to wait till 30 (or is it 35?) to be running... First Indian president, that would be pretty cool.
Old 05-15-07, 07:56 PM   #20
WTL

35 to be President. And you would be the first anything other than white male.
Old 05-15-07, 09:11 PM   #21
JB

cranky,
dream on, or at least lighten up for the american common folk to vote for ya
dream the dream cranky.............

JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-07, 09:58 PM   #22
OUTLAW

I think FLYROD is staying away from this post.I would really like to get his opinion.
Old 05-16-07, 05:46 AM   #23
crankybait

Haha oh god... loving the pic in the background.
Old 05-16-07, 08:09 AM   #24
Bo Dale James Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLAW View Post
I think FLYROD is staying away from this post.I would really like to get his opinion.
Funny, I was having the same thoughts myself.
Old 05-17-07, 08:22 AM   #25
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

Flyrod's been typing out a response since Outlaw started the thread. It will be awhile.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.