Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-11, 09:32 PM   #1
Lvitch
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default fishing tomorrow.....any help? or questions?

I thought this would be cool......

I will be fishing a Florida lake tomorrow out of an 17.5 " g 3 alum with a 90 HP yammy and older 5 series Lawrence elect, minkota 45lb troll.

The predominant cover is kiss. Grass and scattered wood, some pads, small patches of hydrilla, scattered boat docks, a few coves, bottlenecks, points and creek channels. Avg depth is 4-7' max depth is 15-20. It will be mostly sunny, it has been overcast the most of the past 3 days, with a small rain today. Winds are to be N/NE 10 knots. Most of the year this is a clean / clear water lake with a tanic stain. Fish here are post spawn .

Things to ask about the rig?

Thoughts on where to fish? What to use? I'll leave a review of the day and what worked.

This is a big fish lake also, I have 3 8lbs or better including my PB from this lake.

I will be fishing for fish 4lb or better. My buddy will be fishing mostly for numbers.
Old 05-06-11, 10:37 PM   #2
boloson

Personally I love me some cranks mainly shallow diving ones (3-4 ft) also some top water stuff. I recently got into these klawdad cranks by luhr jensen & man do they catch fish.
boloson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 11:39 PM   #3
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Try rolling a 4 or 5" money minnow with a with a weighted screw lock hook. You oughta get a few that way! 10" worms are great too, toss 'em on the out side edges, and just drag them along....
Old 05-06-11, 11:42 PM   #4
Lvitch

Shad o licious and big rapala are already tied on a trap too.
Old 05-07-11, 03:42 PM   #5
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Try rolling a 4 or 5" money minnow with a with a weighted screw lock hook. You oughta get a few that way! 10" worms are great too, toss 'em on the out side edges, and just drag them along....
BB took the words right out of my mouth. A big half oz. spinnerbait would also be in my bag of tricks!!!
Old 05-09-11, 01:49 AM   #6
M_A_C_K

Throw a jitterbug or a stick bait minnow (both topwater). I have caught A LOT of fish on a jitterbug colored like a perch.
M_A_C_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 05:46 PM   #7
bamabassman

mack done good onhis answer too. i would tie on a frog or buzzbait FIRST. then go to the others if it didn't produce. THNE go to the worms, craws (natural enemy in flawda,lol). then may the lizzards. grass punching jigs with craw trailers work great in some of those grass beds too.
Old 05-11-11, 12:06 PM   #8
Lvitch

Well the weather man didn't help us as, there were blue bird skies with very little wind.

no luck on top water all day. We caught 8, best 5 went about 11 lbs. Big fish came on a Jig off of hydrilla. We found fish on the beachy areas on the wind blown shore. Hydrilla was almost non existant accept for the sandy beach type areas. A few fish came on spinnerbaits and the rest came from docks on senkos and crank baits. They werent chasing much with no luck on swim baits or in the grass.

Tough day for this lake. With the clear skies after a few days of overcast , they werent chasing much. We spent most of the day flipping and pitching trying to find some of the big girls in the mats but no luck.
Old 05-11-11, 05:30 PM   #9
boloson

Quote:
Originally Posted by boloson View Post
Personally I love me some cranks mainly shallow diving ones (3-4 ft) also some top water stuff. I recently got into these klawdad cranks by luhr jensen & man do they catch fish.
shouldve listened to the above guy from the beginning
boloson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 09:52 PM   #10
Lvitch

Probably! The fish I caught on cranks came from deep docks and took multiple casts banged off the pilings to get them to hit. Just one of those days. But at least we caught fish and got a lot of scouting in, we stayed away from a few community holes purposely. But still had a good day.
Old 05-13-11, 12:18 AM   #11
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

When all else fails - Bass Assassin soft jerk baits on a 4/0 wide gap. I know, I know, I am late.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.