Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-07, 05:09 PM   #1
ddc_5114
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Fuel injection and blown power heads??

I've heard alot of guys having problems w/ blown powerheads in newer fuel injected engines. It is rumored that the cause is the computer overcompensating for clogged injectors(most attribute the clogged injectors to "cheap fuel") Almost all of the engines in question are yamaha's, but of course 75% of the bass fishermen I know run yamies.
Is this a problem that anyone has experienced? Is it isolated to Yamaha, or H.P.D.I. ? Is there any preventative maintainance that will eliminate this problem? i.e. fuel injector cleaner, replacing injectors periodically,etc... I have had no problems as of yet w/my merc. (knock on wood!!) Should I be worried??? thanks in advance guys!!!
ddc_5114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-07, 06:37 PM   #2
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Definatley buy fuel from a KNOWN good supplier. I personally recommend that you use SEAFOAM accordingly and not knowing what motor you have I would also recommend a water seperator. Using Seafoam and and the seperator and making sure that you are getting decent fuel will minimize the possiblity of any problems. Of course there are NO positives involved just being able to reduce the risk.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.