Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-08, 09:06 PM   #26
barkelypup
BassFishin.Com Active Member

BTW... I want in on the forum tourney! [/quote]

Yeah,
Where do we sign up for that. Long as it's not too far away, I'm in!

bP
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 10:43 AM   #27
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

JackL said "It will cost you approximately 75 to 100 thousnad dollars a year to compete on the pro B.A.S.S. ro F.L.W. circuit to pay your entry fees, boat payments, tow vehicle payments, gas, lures & equipment, etc. not including your meals and lodging expenses. You could lower your meals and lodging if your tow vehicle was a RV, but then your gas expenses would go up. "

jackl hit the nail dead center. They other side is this. Can you really fish 250 days per year and physically hold up to it. Not at my age. When I was in my 30 or 40 I could but not in my later 50's. 12 hour per day on the water 5 days per week is demanding. Wind,hot,cold fighting waves and wakes all takes a tole.
I believe that I could catch the weights they do because I do on a regular basis. But it takes a lot more to travel and Fish new water. These guiys will pre-fish a lake they are going to fish next fall in the spring or summer just to learn the lake.
I started fishing tournements in 1978. I still fish a select few but not nearly as many as I used to. The year my youngest son was born I fished 28. That was 1990. The day he was born I came in 4th in a team megabass tournament at Watts Barr Lake. I will always remember that well since it was on his birthdate.Came home with a nice check and took momma to the hospital got a baby boy. When they put her in the room 3 of my fishing buddies and there wives were waiting on us. Over the years I have won my share and lost my share but I guarrentee you I have spent more than I have ever won.
What does it take to be a full time pro. have you ever had someone hold you under water until you thought you were going to drown? If so how bad did you want a breath of air right before you were let free? You have to want to be a pro more than that.
Fish2win
Old 02-28-08, 05:30 PM   #28
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I could try, but I'd loose my butt. Those guys are pro's they have been doing it for years. They can look at a lake without prefishing and tell you where the fish may be.
Plus, I am not that good. These guys can go on "my" lake and catch 20 lbs in one day. It takes me two weeks to do that, if I can find the fish !

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.