Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-12, 05:10 PM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default What's on your Christmas list?

All you GOOD boys and girls should be getting you list ready, so what did you put on it?

Me, all I want are Cabela's Gift Cards - NOTHING else. Because Cabela's has something I want and none of my relatives can afford to buy it for me but they can afford a gift card and I can accumulate them and at least offset a good portion of the cost.

So Santa and friends hang those gift cards on my tree or put them in with my Christmas cards. Thank you!

(think the Happy Birthday tune)
Merry Christmas to me,
this is what I want under my tree,
and a few days after Christmas,
is just fine by me.

Sig Saur M400 - 5.56 NATO round.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-12, 05:52 PM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Won't happen this year though... A IPS monitor for my computer wouldn't be bad though.

BB
Old 11-15-12, 06:42 PM   #3
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post

Sig Saur M400 - 5.56 NATO round.
Not a bad piece for under a grand.
Old 11-15-12, 08:54 PM   #4
Jrob78

Sig makes a great handgun, never used one of their rifles but I'm sure it won't disappoint. AR's rarely do disappoint though

I don't really have anything big on my Christmas list. I am tossing around the idea of buying a Steez, Pixy Type R or maybe even a Megabass rod with my bonus from work though.

If we're talking wish list guns, this is mine. Gemini Customs Ruger Sp101 in .357 mag tuned up for smoothness and concealed carry, minus the porting. I would also add some custom exotic wood grips, (not the one's pictured)

Hybra-Port™ Porting ( Weigand Combat)
Complete Action Tuning (9, 10 or 11 #, double action only)
Crown Barrel
Chamfer Cylinder Throats
Recontour & Polish Trigger
"Bob" Hammer
Dehorn for Carry
Eliminate Cylinder Endshake
Replace all Springs
Polish all Plungers and Pins
Bead Blast entire Revolver

https://www.geminicustoms.com/Ruger/RugerServices.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dsc01116.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	325.7 KB
ID:	8352  

Last edited by Jrob78; 11-15-12 at 09:33 PM.
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-12, 10:52 PM   #5
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
I don't really have anything big on my Christmas list. I am tossing around the idea of buying a Steez, Pixy Type R or maybe even a Megabass rod with my bonus from work though.
A Steez or Pixy would be awesome. I think I'd still want one of the original JDM Pixys though (the 2004 Yellow myself ). Upgrades and all and you'll still probably come in less than the Type R.

I think a Pixy would call for a new custom finesse rod too. Maybe a triggerless casting rod?

BB
Old 11-15-12, 11:15 PM   #6
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
A Steez or Pixy would be awesome. I think I'd still want one of the original JDM Pixys though (the 2004 Yellow myself ). Upgrades and all and you'll still probably come in less than the Type R.

I think a Pixy would call for a new custom finesse rod too. Maybe a triggerless casting rod?

BB
If I could find a new or like new older Pixy at a reasonable price, I might go that route, that isn't going to happen though. I'm hoping I can get a discount during the Black Friday sales. I know Daiwa is excluded but I'll see what I can do. Worst case, the Steez is on sale right now, it should be marked down farther.

That triggerless rod looks and sounds awesome! I would love to have one. I found them for sale on a Jap site but they are crazy expensive. I would probably get a Black Elseil or a One Ten Stick if I went rod.
Old 11-15-12, 11:53 PM   #7
MississippiBoy

Hopefully, I won't have to wait till Christmas to get it.

But there is one gift that I hope I DON'T get till AFTER Christmas, and that's our second child. Caitlyn, our first one, came 6 weeks early. If all goes as planned, this one should be mid-January sometime.
Old 11-16-12, 12:36 AM   #8
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Already got mine...A plane ticket home; I haven't seen my family (mom, etc) in over 4 years. One of my buddy's dad is buying me a turkey and deer tag for while I'm home plus letting me hunt his land and is covering the guns and ammo, so I get to kick it in the sticks for while and try to kill something too.
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 01:01 AM   #9
WTL

The past few years, we havent been too big on presents, seeing how the economy has been and such. Seeing the family has become the holiday for me, and as such I think my Christmases are much better than they were when I was a kid and just wanted video games.

But if I were to ask for something, I suppose new chrome bumpers for the Cadillac would be it. Its one of those things I can't make the expenditure on right now, but would love to get as a gift. Maybe in a couple years.

Last edited by WTL; 11-16-12 at 08:18 PM.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 01:42 AM   #10
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
If I could find a new or like new older Pixy at a reasonable price, I might go that route, that isn't going to happen though. I'm hoping I can get a discount during the Black Friday sales. I know Daiwa is excluded but I'll see what I can do. Worst case, the Steez is on sale right now, it should be marked down farther.

That triggerless rod looks and sounds awesome! I would love to have one. I found them for sale on a Jap site but they are crazy expensive. I would probably get a Black Elseil or a One Ten Stick if I went rod.
Give TW a call and see. I believe it may be one of those not advertised deals. Or buy gift cards from The Hook Up for whatever % off and cash them in after the black Nov. sale.

Daniel, those 50mms are fun. I regret not getting one earlier. Biggest problem with the Canon 1.4 is it's just not adequately sharp 1.4, which kind of defeats the purpose. Thinking of selling it to see if I can get a better copy.

I've been getting into good kitchen cutlery lately, so this might be the one I pick... decisions...

BB
Old 11-16-12, 03:32 AM   #11
bluebasser86

I'd like to get to spend Christmas with my family. Since I became an LEO in '07 I've worked every Christmas and miss out on most of the get togethers and dinners and the ones I make it to are rushed because I'm either just getting off work and haven't slept yet or I have to leave for work soon after everything starts. No real material wants, just like to spend time with the people who mean the most.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 09:45 AM   #12
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebasser86 View Post
I'd like to get to spend Christmas with my family. Since I became an LEO in '07 I've worked every Christmas and miss out on most of the get togethers and dinners and the ones I make it to are rushed because I'm either just getting off work and haven't slept yet or I have to leave for work soon after everything starts. No real material wants, just like to spend time with the people who mean the most.
Best answer so far. Stay safe out there.
Old 11-16-12, 09:47 AM   #13
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Daniel, those 50mms are fun. I regret not getting one earlier. Biggest problem with the Canon 1.4 is it's just not adequately sharp 1.4, which kind of defeats the purpose. Thinking of selling it to see if I can get a better copy.
BB
This one is actually a 35mm. I've also seen the 50mm for about another $20-$30 bucks. I've been going back and forth between the two of them....
Old 11-16-12, 02:18 PM   #14
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
This one is actually a 35mm. I've also seen the 50mm for about another $20-$30 bucks. I've been going back and forth between the two of them....
Yeah, I would've gotten that had I looked at more than f/1.8 lol.

On a crop sensor, I like the 50 for a lot of things, but find it is too close for a lot as well. If you're going to be shooting inside or larger subjects a lot, go with the 35.

Or if you've got a kit lens that covers both, let it 50 and shoot for a couple days without changing it. Then shoot for a couple more at 35. This will give you a good idea of which you'll find more useful. It'll also get you used to using your built in zoom function: your feet. Just make sure you watch your surroundings as you back up or move forward, not just through the camera.

BB
Old 11-16-12, 04:10 PM   #15
MississippiBoy

Yeah, I've got the 18-55mm kit lens. I told Louann about this one, being so much faster, better for low light and bokeh, etc. She asked if it had more or less zoom than the two lenses we already have, and looked at me like I was stupid when I told her it was set at 35mm and you couldn't change it.....
I tried explaining it to her some, but I don't think she gets it yet.
Old 11-16-12, 04:28 PM   #16
nofearengineer

Daniel, try explaining it to her this way...

If photo quality is what you're after, a prime lens is much better than a zoom (well, it usually is anyway).

The end result is almost always better if you crop a photo shot with a prime lens than if you used a zoom to fill up the frame.
Old 11-16-12, 04:32 PM   #17
MississippiBoy

I guess that means I'd better get Photoshop or Gimp or something....along with a new computer.....
Old 11-16-12, 04:32 PM   #18
Tavery5

Sig SP2022 in a 9MM.

Old 11-16-12, 08:03 PM   #19
woody

I would like to share a whole week of "good fishin'" with all my Pals at Dale Hollow next Spring.

A new Personal Best Smallie would be nice too.. (PB 20 1/2" at 4.3lbs)

-Mark

Last edited by woody; 11-16-12 at 10:42 PM.
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-12, 04:58 PM   #20
MIbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
Sig SP2022 in a 9MM.

I have one in the .40. Great shooter!
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 12:02 AM   #21
keithdog

I don't have much on my list this year. A new digital touch scale from Rapala, a few lures, and a 3 foot step ladder. Other than that, gift cards to use at various store like BPS, Cabelas, GM, ect. People ask me, what do you want? And the older I get the less I need or want. And a bassboat is a little unreasonable. lol
Old 11-27-12, 09:15 PM   #22
Dave63
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Gift cards and a few lures. I was gonna go for a rod, but I think I'll wait until after new years to see what I "have" to have.
Dave63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 10:13 PM   #23
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Only thing on my list is for the hubby to regain his health. That would be the only gift with any significant meaning at all.
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 10:15 PM   #24
bassinbob

A phone call from my daughter.
Old 11-27-12, 11:31 PM   #25
Dogmatic

Quote:

I've been getting into good kitchen cutlery lately, so this might be the one I pick... decisions...

BB
Sweet blade...get a good stone if you don't already have one. I have found with knives, like my fishing gear, it's best that my significant others don't know how much I have and how much it cost, so I keep those purchases to myself.
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.