Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 01-21-12, 11:05 PM   #76
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Here is a pic of a 13lb bass caught in Missouri I believe.

Old 01-21-12, 11:22 PM   #77
kennethdaysale

I don't care how big they are, when mine arrives I'll be ready for anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xohy9...ature=youtu.be

Crazy vid...I like the ole boy in the red shirt (shooter #2) sits down there like the bull-o-the woods..and then gets that sh** eatin grin when the gun gets away from him like " I meant to do that yall"
Old 01-21-12, 11:56 PM   #78
joedog

May need different feed.
I had a chalenge.
Old 01-22-12, 12:18 AM   #79
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Really dude

WTF is that supposed to mean? If you were just actually funny just one time I think I would get your attempt at humor but so far I am not seeing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
Sure you do.....didn't you ever notice that most of the guys that have the BBW fetish are little guys?

Besides its like Healy said in Something about Mary...its a Sumo culture they pay by the pound. *this is a quote and not meant to offend vegas spider* or anyone else
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-12, 12:35 AM   #80
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasspider View Post
WTF is that supposed to mean? If you were just actually funny just one time I think I would get your attempt at humor but so far I am not seeing it.
Well let me try to break it down for you. BBW is an acronym for Big Beautiful Women...what most people would call morbidly obese. The majority of men with this fetish for fat women are usually skinny....the humor there is just the face value......huge women with a skinny man....it's just visually funny...simple as that. Regarding the Sumo culture humor...that was just a quote from the movie "There's Something About Mary" extremely funny to millions of people. I actually took the time to include the disclaimer (not meant to offend vegasspider) so you wouldn't think it was some kind of racial slur. I guess that was a waste of bandwidth since you obviously have some kind of chip on your shoulder as big as a cement block. My sense of humor is widely appreciated by most here.......your pissy little attitude is not.
Old 01-22-12, 12:48 AM   #81
bassboogieman

enjoying my popcorn during the intermission, just sayin'.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 01-22-12 at 12:55 AM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-12, 01:14 AM   #82
Tavery5

Old 01-22-12, 01:35 AM   #83
kennethdaysale

All right folks keep moving nothing to see here. VS has left the building~!Looks like he could hear his mama calling him.Name:  thumbnailCA7RW170.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  7.5 KB

This photo is meant to offend, be offensive and nothing but offensive.
Old 01-22-12, 02:07 AM   #84
Tavery5

Old 01-22-12, 02:42 AM   #85
Jrob78

Old 01-22-12, 09:36 AM   #86
bassboogieman

OMG! I'm often referred to (irreverntly, of course) as "boogers" so I gotta get that image on a tee shirt, better yet a fishing shirt. Dang Jrob, that is pure ruin-a-keyboard funny, as that's often the position I assume when the fishing is slow...............
Old 01-22-12, 11:03 AM   #87
Tavery5

Joe, consider that one stolen.
Old 01-22-12, 03:48 PM   #88
TN_Bassin

Wow so much for a discussion on the LMB's impact on an ecosystem...
Old 01-22-12, 11:19 PM   #89
wallywallace

i am sooo offend since i am considered bbm, lol no but that bass is quite gross looking, but i wouldnt ***** if i caught one
wallywallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12, 11:19 AM   #90
Vegasspider

Default Well OK then

OK since you explained it so well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
Well let me try to break it down for you. BBW is an acronym for Big Beautiful Women...what most people would call morbidly obese. The majority of men with this fetish for fat women are usually skinny....the humor there is just the face value......huge women with a skinny man....it's just visually funny...simple as that. Regarding the Sumo culture humor...that was just a quote from the movie "There's Something About Mary" extremely funny to millions of people. I actually took the time to include the disclaimer (not meant to offend vegasspider) so you wouldn't think it was some kind of racial slur. I guess that was a waste of bandwidth since you obviously have some kind of chip on your shoulder as big as a cement block. My sense of humor is widely appreciated by most here.......your pissy little attitude is not.
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12, 04:59 PM   #91
lilmule

All the above posts point to one thing all those bass on steroids are lm bass in non native surroundings where they could not grow that large where they naturally occur including the texas bass,being a fla strain introduced,yet within its native lm range.
Hard to beat the real thing,even in a stocked overseas aquarium

Last edited by lilmule; 01-23-12 at 05:17 PM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12, 07:29 PM   #92
Jrob78

The best that I can tell, most southern states now use Florida strain bass in their stocking programs. Texas just uses wild caught bass from TX lakes in their breeding program, don't really see what the big deal is.
Old 01-24-12, 06:03 PM   #93
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmule View Post
All the above posts point to one thing all those bass on steroids are lm bass in non native surroundings where they could not grow that large where they naturally occur including the texas bass,being a fla strain introduced,yet within its native lm range.
Hard to beat the real thing,even in a stocked overseas aquarium

Some people have questioned whether or not that really is the George Washington Perry fish from what I heard. Others have questioned whether the bass in the picture os 22-4, or less.
Old 01-24-12, 06:06 PM   #94
WTL

But even by looking at that fish in the pic, look at the belly.

That fish has something in its gut that is probably good for 2 or 3 pounds. Might be on bed.

When so much of the record comes down to the simple question of whether or not a fish has eaten recently, or not yet spawned out her eggs, does that not lead somewhat to the conclusion that the weight of a fish being the thing that defines the particular greatness of a catch is somewhat arbitrary?

--------------------

In baseball, do we still see the year Home Run record as a vital statistic? Or has the importance of the record itself been diminished, not just because of who currently holds it, but because of assumptions concerning all of the people who are near the top?

Would it be better to just not care so much about how big a world record bass was, or who caught it? That is the direction I am starting to lean towards.

I am starting to value the fight of the fish, and the totally subjective enjoyment that I personally get out of catching it, more than the objective weight.
Old 01-24-12, 07:30 PM   #95
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post

That fish has something in its gut that is probably good for 2 or 3 pounds. Might be on bed.
It's very possible for a fish that size to experience something like "abdominal prolapse" from being held vertical like that. I've seen it happen.

When so much of the record comes down to the simple question of whether or not a fish has eaten recently, or not yet spawned out her eggs, does that not lead somewhat to the conclusion that the weight of a fish being the thing that defines the particular greatness of a catch is somewhat arbitrary?

--------------------

In baseball, do we still see the year Home Run record as a vital statistic? Or has the importance of the record itself been diminished, not just because of who currently holds it, but because of assumptions concerning all of the people who are near the top?

Would it be better to just not care so much about how big a world record bass was, or who caught it? That is the direction I am starting to lean towards.
Possibly but I'm sure we all know that's not going to happen. People are focused on hard numbers, try putting " Had a ball on my last job" on your resume and see how many interviews you get.

I am starting to value the fight of the fish, and the totally subjective enjoyment that I personally get out of catching it, more than the objective weight.
This statement qualifies as profound. Consider that 99.99% of us don't stand a dogs chance of catching the World Record (perhaps we should "occupy something). I've been lucky enough to spend most of my life where double digit bass were abundant and I certainly enjoyed it, but as I get older my perspective has changed. Catching a 2 or 3 lb fish on 6lb test in a gnarly environment is very satisfying to me.
Old 01-24-12, 07:36 PM   #96
Tavery5

This is what makes fishing so great, many ways to enjoy it, from the guy trying to put food on table, to the casual Weekend Angler, to the Elite Tournament Series Pro, each of them may enjoy fishing for a totally different reason. There is room for all of us " Get in Where You Fit In".
Old 01-24-12, 09:27 PM   #97
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post

--------------------

Billy, this is why I have come to the place I am at. I have simply lost all value for things like professional sports, be it football or bass fishing. I see it as all hyped, manufactured, and packaged as something to keep people from having to deal with things that are actually important. I see it as an inevitable destination for you as well, Mr. Alabama.
Old 01-24-12, 09:54 PM   #98
WTL

Watching alabama football for me is a simple pleasure, its no longer the vital experiance it once was. Ive felt that way for a couple years. But I do enjoy seeing the players and the students have the time of their lives, especially the players and when they earn it like this past season.
Old 01-24-12, 09:56 PM   #99
Dogmatic

Some wise words, world record is irrelevant, PB is the only concern I have. I didn't think there was a picture of the Perry fish, It got weighed, than was eaten(?).
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-12, 09:55 PM   #100
bassboogieman

I think he shoved a window sash weight down it's throat.

One thing for certain - the fish's head is bigger than the kid's.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.