Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-06, 08:30 AM   #1
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Beware of your Insurance

Just a little heads up on insurance need to know facts.
Fact ...they will insure small shops on your property.
Fact... they say they insure your contents
Fact.. THEY ARE FULL OF CHIT

Had a fire in my hobbie shop approx 2 or so weeks ago , reported it, the adjuster came out, gathered required info got back to me yesterday. After a careful thought process of what I lost they paid about 35% of the actual lost products and material I had in there and only about 72% of the cost of replacing the shop. Be careful when you buy your insurance, There is more to it than just fine print.
Old 03-06-06, 12:14 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I've had pretty decent luck on insurance claims for tackle that was stolen, it fell under my homeowners policy, even tho they ripped it off the boat while it was at a boat slip all week...I think the key is to have the police fill out the report, and list every item and price...that way the insurance adjuster has something to go on, value wise..I lost 1600 in tackle and got a 1350 dollar check, the insurance co. took out my 250 deductable and I was able to reorder from BPS catalog, had the new stuff within a week.
I've heard on tackle (lures) they are not so generous, my lose was all rods n reels.

Last edited by JB; 03-06-06 at 08:40 PM.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-06, 07:13 PM   #3
lizardsrule

Sorry to hear that Laser. Hope they get a fire in THEIR house(no one gets hurt of course). Then lets see what they say.

Lizards
Old 03-06-06, 07:28 PM   #4
crankybait

1600? in tackle? woah dude...
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-06, 06:12 PM   #5
zooker

i have mine set up on my boat to cover all my tackle with no deductable. plus i keep all tackle receits. i actually pay for to much coverage on purpose. when i had the lights busted out. i recently got a check covering my cost for replacing lights-plus laybor-

cranky
the average tackle bag holds 5000 dallors worth the tackle. lizard,reb, and my self haul more than this amount worth the tackle around in our boats...

zooker
Old 03-07-06, 09:05 PM   #6
Christopherkeene9

Guess im way under average there Zook and it spelled labor not laybor!
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-06, 09:31 PM   #7
crankybait

wow, and i have less than 100 bucks worth in my tackle box... ill hafta fill it up with a few megabass... i love the rewards of hard labor
Old 03-08-06, 06:27 AM   #8
1FASTLASER

ZOOK
Iwas gonna comment on what you did. Seems cranky aint never looked a a dedicayed bassn mans tackle bag. Cost of bag usually 50 or so then the planos at 4 a peice then the approx 40 baits per plano and usually at least 7 3700 plano in a bag and at an average of 49 per box even cranky should be able to figure this one out.
Old 03-08-06, 09:13 AM   #9
zooker

only 49 cranks in a 3700??? please....

ck
ever pay for and hour of "labor" ?? you know why i put a Y in there then..

zooker
Old 03-08-06, 04:14 PM   #10
crankybait

1fats laser i havent fished with any other fisherman in my life, dont know howd id estimate how much lures theyd have
Old 03-08-06, 05:04 PM   #11
striker23
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to striker23

From what ive heard insurance comapnies are the most scammiest thing in human history. anyone else with me?
striker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 05:37 PM   #12
JB

Personal injury claims usually fall short of peoples expectations of the settlement amount, however I have had many claims on cars, house, items and have gotten a fair deal....the insurance co. looks at the orginal cost, the depreciation of the item, along with occurance, in other words, if a hail storm takes out your roof like mine did, they check with weather reports and other hail reports in the area, the let you get estimates on how much to replace the roof, then judge accordingly..usually on acts of mother nature, they will replace you items if its writtin into the policy....now on the other hand, if you have your cousin "lay-low" staying with you from canada and he sets the roof on fire while he's up there smoking a joint, well, good luck trying to get all that you would have if the damage was
nature playing some bad luck on ya.
Old 03-08-06, 08:11 PM   #13
zooker

striker
yep just like shyster lawyers.. nice when you need them but sucks when you have to pay them..

zooker
Old 03-09-06, 06:07 AM   #14
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankybait
1fats laser i havent fished with any other fisherman in my life, dont know howd id estimate how much lures theyd have
1fats laser ......LMAO you live a sheltered life if you dont fish with others. Get out more often and quit pounding on the keys so much. You'll live longer

ZOOK

When I said 49 you KNOW I was being conservative.LOL
Old 03-10-06, 06:58 PM   #15
crankybait

my bad, switshed the s and t lol. and who would i fish with? nobody i know in NJ fishes. NJ is pretty cold now, and i cant usually get a ride, so its hard
Old 05-02-06, 02:36 AM   #16
blaire576
BassFishin.Com Member

Sometimes insurance companies (i.e. Geico, Progressive) that insure you over the phone will give you an INITIAL quote, which sounds pretty good. But then they'll look up your record and that quote will change. So be sure the prices you're getting are the exact price you're paying when you sign on that dotted line. see how companies real price look www. insurance-quote-free.com i got to see different insurance companies price.
blaire576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-06, 08:15 AM   #17
flbassman

I had close to 400 dollars worth. Then some dirty, scumlicking, low down bstard jacked it. Thanks to a little help from a buddy of mine , I have rebuilt my collection.
Old 05-02-06, 11:05 AM   #18
Bender

Thanks for the tips, I will check with my insurance company about which policy covers tackle and make sure that it is on there. I don't have as much as you guys, but between everything I'm sure it is $1-2k or more.
My car was broken into when I was working in Barrie Ontario and they stole a computer and about $3000 worth of software. My personal insurance stiffed me after long depositions, etc. Luckily our company insurance paid for most of it. I think that the agents are O.K. but when the corporate gets involved, bend over.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-06, 06:16 PM   #19
Wishing2BFishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
striker
yep just like shyster lawyers.. nice when you need them but sucks when you have to pay them..

zooker
Hey Zooker, not all lawyers are "shysters". There are some very honest and hardworking lawyers out there. If you ever stepped in a lawyer shoes, you might have a new found respect for the profession. In fact, if you needed a lawyer, and retained a good attorney, you might come to see that some attorneys really care about there profession and achieving a good result for their clients.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-06, 06:23 PM   #20
Wishing2BFishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing2BFishing
Hey Zooker, not all lawyers are "shysters". There are some very honest and hardworking lawyers out there. If you ever stepped in a lawyer shoes, you might have a new found respect for the profession. In fact, if you needed a lawyer, and retained a good attorney, you might come to see that some attorneys really care about there profession and achieving a good result for their clients.
Zooker,

One more thing to consider . . . when the carriers deny a legitimate claim, who do you think steps up and fights them? THE LAWYERS

(Anyway, even if we disagree on this issue, I always enjoy "threadin" with you and always appreciate your tips)
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-06, 10:22 PM   #21
fishin_dude
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
cranky
the average tackle bag holds 5000 dallors worth the tackle. lizard,reb, and my self haul more than this amount worth the tackle around in our boats...

zooker
Add me to that list. Maybe not $5000 worth but pretty close.
Old 09-23-06, 06:44 AM   #22
PowerBass

I got dang close to about 3000-4000 total sittin in my bag/box in my room. I dont carry all of it out. I got easily that amount in rods/reels
Old 09-23-06, 08:40 AM   #23
Bender

i forgot about this thread. I did take out a rider on the boat policy for $2500 to cover tackle, and it was only about $10 per year extra. Definately worth it, it would take many years of paying this to make it cost more than replacing all my gear.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-06, 11:25 AM   #24
zooker

power it aint no joke folks will steal ya blind now a days.. leave NOTHING in the boat.. i remove everything rods/reels, tackle,depth finders, batteries,troller it sucks but this is what it has come to in this day and age..

zooker
Old 09-23-06, 01:43 PM   #25
JB

my homeowners insurance has covered me, the couple of times I have been ripped off (minus the 250 deductable)

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.