Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-11, 11:13 AM   #1
DougV
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Try LakeMaster Contour Elite Planning Software for FREE

Try IT before you Buy IT! LakeMaster Maps has announced a new Program to try the LakeMaster Contour Elite Trip Planning Software for 14 Days to see all the awesome features of this Trip Planning Software.

http://www.plantocatch.com/Trial.html

Learn more about the LakeMaster Contour Elite Products and Features: http://www.plantocatch.com/contourelite.html

The Perfect compliment to LakeMaster Navigational Charts:
http://www.lakemap.com/humminbirddig...gmapcards.aspx
DougV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-11, 11:48 AM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Do you realize like 99% of your posts are pushing your sponsor's products? Try really participating in the forum and maybe more people will take you seriously, or maybe pay attention when you're pushing products.

BB
Old 11-19-11, 05:36 PM   #3
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

$149 seems pretty expensive for just one state, but Navionics has completely ticked me off and I am pretty much through with them. I don't have the attention span right now to read through that whole page, please explain what this does. Is it only pc software? Or does it generate maps that I can use on my Humminbird?
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-11, 06:12 PM   #4
Tavery5

Maybe as a group of veteran members we should speak with Kevin about putting some type of restrictions on people advertising their services or products on the site. Some type of post count requirements or something. Seems like more and more people come here with only a few posts to promote a product or to sell their personal items, without being truely interested in participating in the forum.

I elect you BB144 to talk with Kevin..
Old 11-19-11, 06:46 PM   #5
kennethdaysale

I tend to agree, another forum I like wouldn't let that slip through the cracks, the only place for posters like this would be as a paid advertiser at the top of the page. However I have never seen him ask for a dime, so it's not like he's panhandling here. If I was a competive fisherman and had sponsors I suppose I would say their names and highlight their stuff too. The point is well taken though that if he chooses to participate in a forum like this he would certainly gain more respect and favor among the group if he would take the time to actually engage us in some effective dialogue rather than just push Humminbird etc. To be fair I will say that I did learn a lot about how SI works on one of his youtube links.
Old 11-19-11, 06:51 PM   #6
TN_Bassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
I tend to agree, another forum I like wouldn't let that slip through the cracks, the only place for posters like this would be as a paid advertiser at the top of the page
That is why we're here... to police the forum.
Old 11-19-11, 09:57 PM   #7
nofearengineer

You guys do realize that if you get rid of Doug, you'll have no one to explain side imaging other than me, right?
Old 11-20-11, 12:59 AM   #8
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
You guys do realize that if you get rid of Doug, you'll have no one to explain side imaging other than me, right?
Well although you've made far less posts about it, I've learned from you than Doug's "oh look what I found" posts.

Kevin designed this site for us to self-police; however, I do think a minimum number of posts should be required for things like the for sale forum. I don't know how he'd limit it on certain subjects though.

This is one of the few forums on the web that doesn't discourage advertising, although the members don't like it so much if that's all you're here to do. Active members who do advertise for things, like myself with my jigs, do so in a way that isn't pushy or aggressive. I don't make posts for the sole purpose of promoting my own product, but will talk about it if it is subject appropriate. My signature is my main form of "advertising" on the site.

As for the aspect of advertisers at the top of the page... we've been down that road and it just doesn't work with the self-moderation system we've got here. Implementing an advertising system would require the implementation of moderators and a whole mess of rules that we don't have, want, or need.

BB
Old 11-20-11, 08:41 AM   #9
lilmule

Lakemaster was a small company that got swallowed by a larger,its maps limited to a few states,the reasoning was they had some features inside the maps that could be incorporated by the parent company.Thus why bottom line was bought out,incorporated and get rid of the competition,now same technology costs 5 times as much and bottom line is not around.Most likly lakemaster wont be either.
I avoid the sidefinder thing by buying old bottom line scouts off ebay,no cant see way over to the side but for 30 bucks can see fish way over to the side,so not spending 3000,that I dont have.
Every now and then I post a link or photo to my own lil web site its basically an info site about ky lake and Tennessee portion thereof. There is a for sale section,just my own stuff have yet to have some one request theirs be placed in it.
So tend to agree with most shouldnt be to promote sales of a personal nature elsewhere or a national business plug without permission or placing an ad.
Just my 2 cents
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-11, 11:15 PM   #10
kennethdaysale

Doug I guoD
Doug I guoD
Doug I guoD
Doug I guoD
Where are you Doug?
Old 11-21-11, 03:41 PM   #11
DougV

I'm here . If you don't want me sharing I'm gone. I thought this FREE Trial offer to see a product might be something others would like to take a look at? Guess not?

Yes, it's a company I'm associated with but if you really know me I share alot more that just "Pimping" My Sponsors products. I like to promote the facts and what it can do for others. I NEVER endorse a product unless I'm 100% satified it's the best for me. I've given countless hours producing videos, sharing my experiences on the internet to help others, answering emails and private messages, and help answers question and I do not get one cent for that. It's what I like to do. I'm more than glad to quit if you don't want it. I'm got plenty of others begging for more help and they appreciate when I post especially a trial offer or special promotions they may never knew about. But I also post alot about how Side Imaging works and tips and tricks. Check out my YouTube Channel. I received zero compensation for any of those videos and did them to help others. Some may say it's "pimping" but getting the most of out your investments and learning about how others use products I thought it might be valueable here.

I do read alot of the threads here to see if I can help. Many times others have already given the correct information or is something I know nothing about. I'm not going to post something that I don't know or can't help. Sorry...just my personal ethics.

So with that I'll answer Benders question he had. And since you have spoken I'll save my time for those that appreciate it. Good Bye.

Last edited by DougV; 11-21-11 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-21-11, 03:55 PM   #12
DougV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
$149 seems pretty expensive for just one state, but Navionics has completely ticked me off and I am pretty much through with them. I don't have the attention span right now to read through that whole page, please explain what this does. Is it only pc software? Or does it generate maps that I can use on my Humminbird?
This is PC Based Software that matches the same LakeMaster Maps that can be used in your electronics. LakeMaster produced maps for Humminbird, Lowrance and Garmin. It was purchased by Johnson Outdoors this year and will be growing coverage as a mapping product for Humminbird.

There is some really neat features to this product like the Fish Patterns section of it that allows you to select species, condition and time of the year that highlights areas that fits the habits of fish for that season and conditions. It also provides 3D views of the map. Allow waypoint creation and exporting to SD card to upload to your graph. One thing about LakeMaster is they strive for accuracy of the contour lines and GPS location data. The Contour ELite PC Software matches perfectly with the Map Cards.

This video explains the features easier: http://youtu.be/eiL0NnefE0Y

Lakemaster Maps are smaller coverage areas it depends on the amount of data scanned. Like my home region is 4 States for the Great Plains card or some areas like Minnesota has so much water it's on one card. The map cards for the graph run abour $125 Each. But that is different then the PC Software that is in the Free Trial Offer above but you will see the same mapping detail in both products.

Hope that explains the LakeMaster products.
Old 11-21-11, 09:51 PM   #13
bamabassman

take it easy doug......it's all good buddy. i guess the folks would jsut like it if oyu were more....how do i say this correctly. ....well i can't find the owrds righ tnow my friend. but if oyu were to call me i can explain it better i think. if oyu would like, i'll pm my cell number to you. but it's up to you ok?

i for one love the stuff like this oyu post. i just need an interpter most times, hahaha. i don't understand english too well, southern boy and all ya know. hahaha.
Old 11-21-11, 09:52 PM   #14
bamabassman

and my typind skills aren't good this evening either, sorry
Old 11-22-11, 07:39 AM   #15
fishnart
BassFishin.Com Member

Default I guess I fit into this catagory?

I haven't posted much because I haven't been on that much, only because I don't have a lot of time. I put my stuff on here, not to make a ton of money but only to let you know I"m here. I make very little on the stuff I do. And I'm definitely not pushing anything, I'm not trying to push anything down anyones throats, I hate pushy salespeople and I'm not about that. I think this sight is great and love reading it and will definintly add to it when I think what I have to offer. And I for one love to see products that I might not normally see . If someone has something to offer, heck put it up here.

Love this site....
fishnart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 07:42 AM   #16
fishnart
BassFishin.Com Member

"When I think what I have to offer" might benefit someone...guess I should re-check my work too bamabassman
fishnart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 08:57 AM   #17
BigBassin144

Guys, this is a very fine line that we've debated before. That's part of the reason Kevin does not do advertisement on the site.

Doug, no one has said they don't want you here. As a professional fisherman with sponsorships, you are as much a business man as a fisherman and we understand that. But you have to understand how that looks to others when you're talking about your sponsor's products. Even if you do believe 110% in them and would use them even without a sponsorship, people can still be hesitant. Thanks to the big level pros, there is a kind of salesman quality associated with professional fishermen that is now probably firmly set and not going anywhere. How could this not be the case when you look at some of the pros. Take KVD;he is a fishing and therefore product selling machine.

But this site is different than most others on the internet. We are like a family, and we look out for each other. This site is as much about the people on it as it is about the fishing information. Because of that, we really don't take well to people solely here to push products (and let's face it, no matter your beliefs about the products, you are sponsored because you will be making the sponsor money). We aren't asking you to leave, just to be more involved. Like I said, this site is about the members. Make some friendly comments, reply to someone's thread about their day of fishing, give some advice about non-sponsor-related topics (you wouldn't be where you are now if you didn't know about anything other than a circle of sponsors' products), wish someone a happy birthday on a B-day thread, come to one of our get togethers if you can make it, etc.

I will admit, a thread you showed a free trial offer on wasn't the best place for me to bring this discussion up, but after a while of hoping you'd get more involved than just talking about products (whether the info was helpful or not) I felt I needed to say these things.

I hope you understand, I don't want any hard feelings.

fishnart, like I said, it is a very hard line to distinguish. If you're here to sell stuff, there is a section for that. If you want to subtly promote your product like I, and a number of other on here do I will just ask one thing; try to get involved. I definitely understand not having enough time, but try to make a friendly post here or there, give some advice, etc. And just like I told Doug, we don't want you to leave. In fact, we enjoy the company of new people on the site; it's like getting new members in our family.

I really hope you guys don't take this the wrong way, so I will say it again. You are more than welcome here.

BB
Old 11-22-11, 11:19 AM   #18
joedog

Default When will I learn?

Now as a new member who was a daily guest before joining, I have seen this topic discussed here before also. As a recently admonished poster I have put some thought into this. It seems to me at least, if your a member with thousands of post your family, if you have thousands to spend to feed the monkey, your family, if your fortunate enough to go to a get together,your family, the rest seem to be closer to step family.

Recently I was admonished for a post, in retrospect, had no business posting, and you folks were right! Fishnart I will be contacting you and if you wouldn't have posted I wouldn't have had the opportunity to have gotten a chance to work with you. If someone has a sponsor or a product or a service that they can give me a deal on, fantastic. I want in. If someone lets me know they have something to share, share it. If you don't like this type of postings, simply ignore it and move on. The next reader may have been looking for years for just such a deal! With all the contrary views around here (thats why I'm here and thats why I like it here) who decides whats right and whats wrong. If I got a deal or something new and I'm new to site, dose that mean I shouldn't let you in on a deal. Because I live up north and get togethers seem to be in the south usually, does that deminish my value to the family.
I actually started posting jokes daily because I felt I couldn't offend anyone. Guess what, I was PMed with a pretty strongly worded compliant.(BPS joke). I'm now rethinking that little project. I mean if I boldly post a very clear warning and someone still reads it, am I the one at fault?
It's still America folks, we still have some individual rights, like disagreeing.
I mean in the alabama rig posts you can't get through more than a couple posts without someone telling you they have a friend who or know someone who will make and sell one for drastically inflated cost. Yet no comments on these posts. I have recently purchased something from a site member's post that through one of his sponsors he got me a deal. I will be greatfull for ever on he's willingness to share. Let's say someone has expertise in a sponsors product. Because of his relationship to sponser dose that mean he shouldn't share that knowledge.
Now so there is no misconceptions here. I am not being critical of anyones thoughts on this matter nor is it my family right to state my feelings, but I did!
I hope you all have the very best Tues. you possibly can.
Oh ya, my real family dosn't really like me ethier!

Last edited by joedog; 11-22-11 at 11:26 AM.
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.