Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-06, 09:34 PM   #1
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default CBBT Report

I know it is not LGmouth report again but I think you will like it.

Drove down to CBBT Friday night. Launched at Kipptopeake to calm seas and ran out to high rise. Fished outgoing and in two hours jigged up 14 trout keepers and two spanish macks. My buddy Steve was having some issues with his store bought sting silver. Like maybe two fish. So I changed his rig to a flounder rig and he began catching trout , flounder , horse croaker and sea mullet.
My home made jig proved to be a good jig and I only had one. Tide slacked out and turned to incoming and boy did it. I changed to a flounder rig and began to nail door mat flounder in the boat.
So now it is 11:am and we have a limit of trout and flounder, some croacker , spanish macks and hake. Time to bring out the big rods and anchor up on 9 foot shoal and chunk some bait. The idea was to target cobia and red drum. Well twenty clear nose rays later a screamer runs off half my baitrunner line. I watch the line rise and a cobia leaps into the air. Five minutes later I have a small 28 inch cobia alongside the boat. This is good right? Well it would be for most people but not me.
In effort to leave quickly on my fishing trip I forgot the net and the tequila. You guessed it, as it was about that time with an angry cobia beside the boat I wish I had brought the both of them. So I did my bass fishing trick and flew him into the boat and on the deck. It went balistic and began destroying the boat. Did you know that a cobia has these spikes hiddon on it's back and when touched they stick out at amazing speed about 1/2 inch. OUCH and man I wish I had remembered those two items. Got him unhooked and released. Ten minutes later I had another one on. A bit bigger and it came unuttoned at the boat. YES no holes in my hand dude..
First cobia I have ever landed BTW. LAST COBIA I WILL EVER PUT IN THE BOAT WITHOUT A NET.....and tequila...
Next day was too windy so we fished the cement ships and got four more flounder and six big croakers 15 to 18 inches.
Left at 12 noon and got back home at 7pm
Great trip.

Capt Mike

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.