Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-06, 12:39 AM   #1
Deacon
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default US Kickboat Open 5.20.06

Last weekend we had the annual US Kickboat open held at Clear Lake. We had 56 kickboaters and float tubers partcipating in what turned out to be a wet weekend. We had great weather(80s and sunny) for the last 3 1/2 weeks and wouldnt ya know it now... RAIN! I got there on friday (this was a 2 day event) and did a little prefish wth my buddy and it rained on us for 7 straight hrs. I got back to camp and everything was wet! Sleeping bag, tent, wood for fire. So it wasnt the best way to start out what normally is a great weekend. However i wasnt at work and I was with 55 of the best kickboaters/bass fisherman in california(excpt bassguy04 wasnt there...missed ya Jerry!) Anyways...We divided the amount of people in 2 and had 2 launch areas/weigh ins. First day i fished in a area called the Keys. I found a small limit for like 9.7. I couldnt get any fish that would help me cull. So day 1 9.7lbs not bad considering the condtions we were now facing. Biggest weight was by the guy who is pictured he also shared a camp sight with me(Matt C). He had 5 fish for 16.9lbs. Small limits brought in by most everyone. BTW I caught Bluegills/Red ear that weighed close to 1lbs(caught like 4 of them on a 5inch senko LOL) Was tough.....Day 2 was worse! Was cold windy I threw everything I had and did everything I could think and NADA ZIP ZILCH!!! I blanked but so did ALOT of people. Over all winning weight for the 2 days was something like 31lbs. Really low weights for this year considering it is Clear Lake during the spwan but O'well.....Still had a great time despite the rain and cold.

Have you ever tried to BBQ tri-tip in the rain it sure aint easy........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Matt C CLO.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	423   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clear Lake Open.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	424   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kickboat.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	425  
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-06, 10:57 AM   #2
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Daggone thats a lot of little boats. Round here the gators would be loving life.
Old 05-25-06, 03:27 PM   #3
bass kicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

thats neat i kinda wish we had something like that up here or at least for boats 14 feet and smaller

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.