Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-06, 06:14 AM   #1
George_Welcome
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Stick Marsh/Farm 13 - happenings

Last week, while Scott was busy working on the lake, I spent my days in Woodruff, SC. watching and flying large scale radio controlled aircraft. The fly-in is the "big Daddy" of what is known as "giant scale fly-ins" and literally their are hundreds and hundreds of pilots, planes, and friends that converge for this event.

The report that follows is based on the results of Scott and his anglers endeavors and triumphs.

5/21/2006 I had out Frank Fasano and his son Frank for a day of bass fishing. My regular client Frank Delucas and his friend Eric followed me in his boat. We Left the ramp at 6:00am and headed to the south end of the farm. Frank had some motor problems but straighten them out quickly and the Chug Bugs started flying has soon as the trolling motors entered the water. The top water bite took a while to get started but once they began eating the Chug Bug the fun began. The top water bite slowed down around 10:30 and a switch to Senko’s kept us catching bass until we called it a day at 12:00pm. The Chug Bug produced to big bass one weighing 9lbs and one weighing 6.5lbs. The best part of the day was when Frank Jr. landed an 8.5 pound beauty on a 5” Senko. He did an excellent job keeping the bass out of the wood and landed his largest bass to date. Don Willis was next to us when Frank caught the bass and recorded the entire fight and made a DVD for Frank. By the time we called it a day our boat landed 45 bass up to 9lbs and Frank’s boat landed 12 bass up to 4lbs.

5/22/2006 I had out Mike Thomas from Fort Pierce, FL and his friend Doug from Boca Raton, FL. We left the ramp with great anticipation of yet another great day of bass fishing. It did not take long for the first bass to give in to the irresistible sound of the Chug Bug. The bass ate the Chug Bug all day long, and an occasional bass was caught on a black & blue 3/8oz jig and a 5”Senko. By the time we called it a day at 2:30 72 bass where landed of which over 62 where caught on Chug Bugs. Mike and Doug caught all their bass on Chug Bugs including 3 bass over 6 pounds.

5/23/3006 I had out returning client Mike Moore from Hendersonville, NC. We left the ramp at 6:00am and headed to the south end of the Farm. You know you’re in for a good day when you both catch a bass on the first cast. The bass blasted the Chug Bugs most of the day and if you stick with it you will be ready for them when they start eating it again. We did switch over to 5” Senko’s for a short period to give our wrists a rest and caught bass immediately. We finished the day the way we started with the bass hammering the Chug Bug. We called it a day at 2:00pm landing 70 bass up to 9 pounds.

Scott
Old 05-26-06, 10:47 AM   #2
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Man those are nice fish.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.