Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-11, 06:26 PM   #1
Bass Assault
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Shakey Head Senko

Anybody fish a senko rigged on a shakey head setup very often? I'm kinda new to this rig and was curious about how a senko would do on one. It seems that it would look enticing because the senko is a lil more rigid or less pliable than the finesse style shakey head worms.

If so, what length senko would you recommend and what size/weight head would go with it?

Thanks
Bass Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 07:47 PM   #2
Cavs1123
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I have never tried it. On a shaky head though, you want a worm with a tail that stands up most of the time, and a senko doesnt do that. If you do try it I think you should use a 3 or 4" natural colored(watermelon,green pumkin, etc.)one.
Old 04-09-11, 08:17 PM   #3
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I had a guide on Grand lake Oklahoma a few years ago. He told us that one of his most productive post spawn paterns was to use a 1/4 oz ball type shakey head with a 6 in senko. He would fish it on long points by making long casts and just crank the reel as slow as posible to make a continuos slow crawl down the point. He said the bass will just nail it.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 08:20 PM   #4
bassboogieman

A senko's stellar performance is as a falling bait. Yes you can rig them many ways, but weightles or very little weight for a slow fall through the water collumn is what a senko does best. I don't think using one on a shaky head would be using that particular bait for the purpose which is was designed. I like a thinner 5" or 6" worm, and I get them custom poured with floatant added in the tail so it stands up. I also found some at a sportsman show that have hollow tail bulb with air trapped inside and they also stand up.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 09:01 AM   #5
Imgoodatwhatido
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i had the roughest day on the water i had in a long time last sunday, my only 2 fish were caught on a shad colored senko on a shakey head
Imgoodatwhatido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 07:39 PM   #6
islandbass

I would use it, even if it doesn't float. There is no rule that says that the worm must float although it does look nicer to us.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.