Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-06, 01:59 PM   #1
George_Welcome
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Stick Marsh/Farm 13

This last week has come and gone so fast with most days on the water giving up some pretty fantastic bass action. Much of the bite has been early morning top water with plastics taking over by mid-morning.
Back on the 24th Mike Fasanella and his buddy Phil joined me in search of a lunker. Our one shot at a big fish came up short of completion as she hunkered down in wood with the result of a broken line for the effort. We had to work that day for each and every fish and the count hit 29 by days end.
On the 26th Scott and I headed out to do a bit of search and find. Our early morning start was in the area that so many fish have been caught over the last couple of weeks but the results were fish in the "wee" category. Moving west and just north of the nursery proved to be a move in the right direction with not only larger fish but some top water action for our effort. However, plastics were the better bait in the area as we got quite a few in pretty short order.

As you can see from the above picture the water was calm with no wind whatsoever. The big gal came on a Senko, but not from where one would have expected. This fish is a Stick Marsh lady. We decided to spend some time on some of the historical locations on the woody side and had positive results immediately. Several fish in the 6-8 pound class were located and by quitting time at 12:30ish we had boated 48 of our green line sided ladies.
On the 28th Scott had Mike Giles and his grandson out for a 1/2 day AM trip. With a wind blowing out of the north things slowed drastically as they worked Senkos on the Farm and the Marsh. One point of excitement as Mike laid into a big gal, but as in so many instances for those not overly familiar with working heavy wood, she found the brush and and ran around until she became unbuttoned.
Basically if the wind is down look for top water to be the best action. Slow has been better with the top water. As the breezes come in, (usually mid-morning), start thinking plastics, and none are working as good or better than the Senko. Any dark color will do.
As we see less and less wind I expect the top water to be an all day affair.
See you out there.
Old 05-30-06, 03:30 PM   #2
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

thanks for the report george.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.