Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-09, 01:00 AM   #1
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Bait monkey conspiracy

It has become apparent to me that the bait monkey has recruited various members of my family, along with some friends, in his battle against my common sense. For my Christmas presents this past year, he made my parents, my grandmother, and my wife's best friend buy me (oh, the horror!) Bass Pro gift cards!!!
Between the three of them, I ended up with $175 to spend. Now you may say this is a good thing...after all, it's not MY money. It's somebody else's.
On the surface, it is a good thing. However, the monkey is wily and patient, and will wait for his chance for long periods of time. He knows that if I'm spending these gift cards freely, it softens my resistance to his "suggestions" later on. He'll let them give me free stuff now, accepting the sacrifice so that later, once all the gift cards are gone, he'll have a psychological advantage over me, and I'll be putty in his paws.

This is what the gift cards bought me:

3 Bandit 100 crankbaits
1 Bandit 300 crankbait
1 Super Spook
1 Super Spook Jr.
4 spinnerbaits-1 KVD, 1 Booyah, and 2 Strike King
1 X-Rap
1 Shad Rap
3 packs of Flukes/Super Flukes
1 pack of hook weights to use with the flukes
2 packs of Strike King Floating finesse worms for shaky heads
1 pack of Spot Removers
1 Bandit Flat Maxx deep crankbait
1 Norman Deep Little N crankbait
1 Bomber Fat A crankbait
2 Spro Bronze Eye Jr. frogs
2 Packs of Berkley power Worms
2 Packs of Paca Craws
1 pack of Baby Paca Craws
1 Pack of Zoom U-Tale worms
1 pack of Culprit worms

He is indeed a sneaky crittur. I must keep my guard up, because I've already realized I need more. He made me forget the Tiki Stiks I had planned on getting. Do you see his strategy? I HAVE to go back now, and all the free money is gone.

I'm doomed
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-09, 01:08 AM   #2
bcklash

Mississippiboy, I hear ya, I still got my x-mas bps gift cards, I trying to hold off untill the spring classic in March but they are smoking.
Old 01-18-09, 01:36 AM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

oh man....i hear ya pal. listen to this will ya. i am going to the boat show next saturday (roland martin is gonna be there), trying my best to save up some serious monkey muhla for that. THEN we have a trip to gatlinburg, tn. OYU just KNOW that the ONLY reason i am going is cause the dang ol monkey is really taking me to BPS in seiverville. oh the dreadfullnest of it all.

by the way, very good batch ya got there buddy. like it already. tell me what YOU think we need at the get together. tiki stiks? i ain't got none. tell me which ones ok?

see gang..... that dam ol monkey has us feeding him in PAIRS no less.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-09, 11:50 AM   #4
abu4600
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Mississippi Boy I know that darn bait monkey is sneeky. Went to BPS yesterday to get 2 spinnerbaits and i walked out with 5 spinnerbaits and a 6'6" extreme rod. Having a BPS store right here at home dont help us none.I see no way to escape the monkey. By the way let me know if you want to meet up one day at the rez.
abu4600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-09, 10:12 PM   #5
MississippiBoy

I don't ever go to BPS to get fewer than 10-12 items. I know I'm gonna walk out with at least that many things anyway, so I might as well plan on it.

And I'll sure drop you a line sometime about the Rez. Maybe you can show me where the fish go to hide from me.
Old 01-18-09, 10:20 PM   #6
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

OK, I got a coupon for 500 rewards point with my next purchase, so I went in planning on getting one (1) crankbait or jerkbait. I wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I left with, 12lb Stren Super Knot mono (topwater fishing), Seaguard InvisX, 12lb. Two bandit cranks, and a pack of Strike King Rage Tail Anacondas.

I love to just walk up and down the Lucky Craft isle. I noticed, they keep a mop and bucket at the end of that isle to clean up the drool.

BB
Old 01-18-09, 10:25 PM   #7
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I love to just walk up and down the Lucky Craft isle. I noticed, they keep a mop and bucket at the end of that isle to clean up the drool.

BB

Here, they have the bucket, but also a 6'5, 250 lbs security guard with a metal detector.
Old 01-19-09, 12:52 PM   #8
Raul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
It has become apparent to me that the bait monkey has recruited various members of my family, along with some friends, in his battle against my common sense. For my Christmas presents this past year, he made my parents, my grandmother, and my wife's best friend buy me (oh, the horror!) Bass Pro gift cards!!!
Between the three of them, I ended up with $175 to spend. Now you may say this is a good thing...after all, it's not MY money. It's somebody else's.
On the surface, it is a good thing. However, the monkey is wily and patient, and will wait for his chance for long periods of time. He knows that if I'm spending these gift cards freely, it softens my resistance to his "suggestions" later on. He'll let them give me free stuff now, accepting the sacrifice so that later, once all the gift cards are gone, he'll have a psychological advantage over me, and I'll be putty in his paws.

This is what the gift cards bought me:

3 Bandit 100 crankbaits
1 Bandit 300 crankbait
1 Super Spook
1 Super Spook Jr.
4 spinnerbaits-1 KVD, 1 Booyah, and 2 Strike King
1 X-Rap
1 Shad Rap
3 packs of Flukes/Super Flukes
1 pack of hook weights to use with the flukes
2 packs of Strike King Floating finesse worms for shaky heads
1 pack of Spot Removers
1 Bandit Flat Maxx deep crankbait
1 Norman Deep Little N crankbait
1 Bomber Fat A crankbait
2 Spro Bronze Eye Jr. frogs
2 Packs of Berkley power Worms
2 Packs of Paca Craws
1 pack of Baby Paca Craws
1 Pack of Zoom U-Tale worms
1 pack of Culprit worms

He is indeed a sneaky crittur. I must keep my guard up, because I've already realized I need more. He made me forget the Tiki Stiks I had planned on getting. Do you see his strategy? I HAVE to go back now, and all the free money is gone.

I'm doomed
Nice "starter" or "refill" kit you got.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-09, 01:17 PM   #9
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Nice "starter" or "refill" kit you got.
That probably came close to doubling what I had before.

I'm sorry sir...I'll try to do better next time.
Old 01-19-09, 02:43 PM   #10
bamabassman

i think that before the years over, you'll have double what you have now. then again, and maybe again,lol.
Old 01-19-09, 02:56 PM   #11
JB

dern ol baitmonkey is chewin on my neck all day, been looking at some crankin reels and a rod to go with it...going to fill a BPS order as soon as zooker gets back with me
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-09, 03:51 PM   #12
bamabassman

jb...since your filling and oder for you and zooker......uuummm......think yu can sneek in a couple of dem thar bandit 100's fer me? hehehehehehe, zooker'll never know, hahahahaha.
Old 01-19-09, 04:01 PM   #13
JB

sure what color lol
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-09, 06:16 PM   #14
bamabassman

whatever is ya'll's favorite. lmao. i ain't got no money now........ just spent it at wally world. look fo the next thread,rotflmao!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.