Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-12, 07:25 PM   #1
Bmars
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Boat for dad, me, & my boys

My sons are 9&10. The four of us are currently fishing from a 19-foot hydrasport with a 175 Johnson. I want to get us (my dad) a new boat. I want something as roomy as possible (we fish 2 on front deck, 1 in the spot in the floor where the passenger console would be, if it had one, and one on the back deck). I do not care much about speed. We never fish tournaments and I have no desire to go "fast" with my kids in the boat. I just want to be able to get on plane and get where I'm goin. Ideally I'd like something 20'6" or bigger with either no passenger console or a removable one. Assume I have $40,000 to spend. What beside Nitro should I be looking at?

I have been looking at & reading reviews on aluminums like xpress, excel, seaark, etc. Like all boats, they all have fans and detractors. I have become concerned that virtually no tin boat mfg will even guarantee dry storage. Also, we fish Kentucky lake and lake Barkley a lot. Both get very choppy at times. I'm concerned about fighting the wind all of the time while tryin to run the trolling motor, given the higher profile and lighter weight of tin. Therefore, I'm lookin for glass. I just honestly don't know which mfg's are even in my range. Most boat dealer sites say "call for price" and whatnot. I know ranger is out of sight $$$-wise, but can't seem to figure whether the tritons, skeeters, stratoses, etc of the world make a boat as big as I need that I can touch.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
Bmars is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.