Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-09, 04:46 PM   #26
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

As far as split rings, Bass Pro, Academy Sports, your local Mom'n'Pop tackle store should all have them.
Old 07-09-09, 05:40 PM   #27
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Cool! Lemme know how it goes waffle!

I got the hook screws at home depot, they don't have ones as small as I'd like, but they work!
Old 07-09-09, 05:53 PM   #28
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Cool! Lemme know how it goes waffle!

I got the hook screws at home depot, they don't have ones as small as I'd like, but they work!
yea man totally ...thanks for the inspiration....ill take progression pics.....hopefully i can start tomorrow on my lunch break....ill run by the hardware store after work and see what they got there.

hey do me a favor,if the pictures of yours are saved to your computer,email them to me so i can check em out!!...i cant few pictures on photobucket,flickr and sites like that.....wnelson@msdallas.com

id love to seem em!!

Walker
Old 07-09-09, 06:39 PM   #29
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

www.jannsnetcraft.com has small screw-eyes made for crankbaits if you want to wait for them to ship to you.

BB
Old 07-09-09, 06:42 PM   #30
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
yea man totally ...thanks for the inspiration....ill take progression pics.....hopefully i can start tomorrow on my lunch break....ill run by the hardware store after work and see what they got there.

hey do me a favor,if the pictures of yours are saved to your computer,email them to me so i can check em out!!...i cant few pictures on photobucket,flickr and sites like that.....wnelson@msdallas.com

id love to seem em!!

Walker
Sure thing! I'll try to get them to you! I'll also put them in my albums!

And thanks for the link BB, it's a lot cheeper than the ones at home depot. I think it was 99 cent for 8!

Last edited by Bassboss; 07-09-09 at 06:56 PM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 09:08 AM   #31
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
www.jannsnetcraft.com has small screw-eyes made for crankbaits if you want to wait for them to ship to you.

BB
thats a cool site,thanks for sharing Bigbassin

Bassboss- thanks man...i went last night and found the eye screws and split rings at the hardware store .....so hopefully ill get it going today!
Old 07-10-09, 09:26 AM   #32
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Yeah I know. Their show room is about 20 minutes from my house too.

BB
Old 07-10-09, 12:11 PM   #33
Bassboss

Quote:
thats a cool site,thanks for sharing Bigbassin

Bassboss- thanks man...i went last night and found the eye screws and split rings at the hardware store .....so hopefully ill get it going today!

That's great!

I got the tough puppy II made, the epoxy just finished drying last night! Here's some pics with out the hooks or read hook eye, but it the body that counts (No not like that ). I put the rear eye on this morning, and the hooks!

We had a big rain last night, so the ditches are full, I when out this morning and tested it out! walks better than my spook, it has a keeled body so it walks better than the tough puppy one!

I'll email the pics to you waffle!

Edit:

Waffle: I tried to email the pics last night but the email did not go through, I'll try my other.
Old 07-13-09, 12:36 PM   #34
Bassboss

My dad made a bass popper XL size! He can cast it with a bait caster just fine! This things gonna kill!

Old 07-13-09, 02:03 PM   #35
WaffleJaw

haha,well i think my first attempt was a fail...

everything was great until got to the hardware and poly coat.....
the first eye screw snapped inside the wood...i predrilled the holes and was hand tighting them???..then when i re-drilled another hole, i set the screw with gorilla glue...i noticed it was slighty crooked....i also made the mistake of using a little bit of red sharpie....i painted the body green top,yellow belly with a blood spot ....i use the red sharpie to change the shade of red a little brighter...big mistake!!....as soon as i added the poly,the red ran down the body badly...it kinda gives it a cool affect,but im a perfectionist...lol....so its a bust......i went ahead and finished it....its pretty rough looking due to not having a fine grit sand paper....but it'll make a good keychainhahaha.

W
Old 07-13-09, 02:49 PM   #36
Bassboss

Quote:
haha,well i think my first attempt was a fail...

everything was great until got to the hardware and poly coat.....
the first eye screw snapped inside the wood...i predrilled the holes and was hand tighting them???..then when i re-drilled another hole, i set the screw with gorilla glue...i noticed it was slighty crooked....i also made the mistake of using a little bit of red sharpie....i painted the body green top,yellow belly with a blood spot ....i use the red sharpie to change the shade of red a little brighter...big mistake!!....as soon as i added the poly,the red ran down the body badly...it kinda gives it a cool affect,but im a perfectionist...lol....so its a bust......i went ahead and finished it....its pretty rough looking due to not having a fine grit sand paper....but it'll make a good keychainhahaha.

W
lol Waffle! That's the spirit!
Old 07-14-09, 05:46 PM   #37
islandbass

Well done, BB!!!! So has is become addicting Yet?
Old 07-14-09, 10:48 PM   #38
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbass View Post
Well done, BB!!!! So has is become addicting Yet?
Ya, it's getting to be a bit of a hobby!

I'm working on a non-crappy popper.... should be pretty good!
Old 07-15-09, 03:48 PM   #39
islandbass

All you need to do now is test them. And hang on, because that gut feeling (and I do have a gut) is telling me you're going to nail'em.

Just remember to take the time to make sure your knot is well tied.
Old 07-15-09, 03:55 PM   #40
Bassboss

Quote:
All you need to do now is test them. And hang on, because that gut feeling (and I do have a gut) is telling me you're going to nail'em.

Just remember to take the time to make sure your knot is well tied.
Thanks for the encouragement IB! I need to get to place that I think a spook type bait would work, been a while since I been there... gotta try to go this weekend.
Old 07-15-09, 08:30 PM   #41
islandbass

Right on. Shoot, I'd be so excited, I'd walk the dog with it in a kiddie pool. Keep us posted
Old 07-16-09, 10:00 AM   #42
Bassboss

Quote:
Right on. Shoot, I'd be so excited, I'd walk the dog with it in a kiddie pool. Keep us posted
I just wrapped some leader wire around the tail end, than melted it on there, should make it walker even better!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.