Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-10, 10:44 PM   #26
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

The thing about KVD is his consistancy. Lake, time of year, conditions-it does not matter. He consistantly finds fish and gets them to bite. That is what makes him great.
Old 02-23-10, 12:37 PM   #27
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default KVD's Nitro

Previously I would agree with you about the holding value part. I have been an owner of two Rangers and Two Nitro’s in the last 20+ years. My son has the 2010 Z9 dual council 250 optimax and I have a 09 Ranger with the Z522 with the Yamaha Vmax. I don’t really want to start a boat debate but – this is my last Ranger do to what it takes to buy one from them new. One I got totally hammered on my resell of my potential trade in because the very company that says they have the highest resale value wanted to give me the least for a trade in so I sold it outright and took a bath on a five year old boat. I have allowed myself to give into pier pressure over the Ranger thing over the years. Without exception and adjusting for new times via the value of anything these days, my next boat is going to be The Nitro Z9 hands down. One you get a ton for the money but more important but not really because you really do get more for your money, it’s a much nicer boat and I wish I would have waited last year and bought one. So economically speaking, if it does not hold its value which is not a factor to me because I only trade every 5 years it’s still a better overall deal than a new Ranger. You pay more for a Ranger but you don’t get more, both boats drop in value about the same but because you paid more you actually loose more money on a Ranger. Don’t get me wrong I love mine and since I am in a family that has both I think I can speak from real experience and don’t the “I know a guy that knows a guy” theory. Besides if the Nitro is good enough for the best fisherman in the business I think its good enough for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
I'm curious why you'd say that. From what I've seen, which isn't a whole lot, Rangers and Skeeters, not to mention Champions, Tritons and most other brands hold their value a lot better than a Nitro
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 12:40 PM   #28
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasspider View Post
Previously I would agree with you about the holding value part. I have been an owner of two Rangers and Two Nitro’s in the last 20+ years. My son has the 2010 Z9 dual council 250 optimax and I have a 09 Ranger with the Z522 with the Yamaha Vmax. I don’t really want to start a boat debate but – this is my last Ranger do to what it takes to buy one from them new. One I got totally hammered on my resell of my potential trade in because the very company that says they have the highest resale value wanted to give me the least for a trade in so I sold it outright and took a bath on a five year old boat. I have allowed myself to give into pier pressure over the Ranger thing over the years. Without exception and adjusting for new times via the value of anything these days, my next boat is going to be The Nitro Z9 hands down. One you get a ton for the money but more important but not really because you really do get more for your money, it’s a much nicer boat and I wish I would have waited last year and bought one. So economically speaking, if it does not hold its value which is not a factor to me because I only trade every 5 years it’s still a better overall deal than a new Ranger. You pay more for a Ranger but you don’t get more, both boats drop in value about the same but because you paid more you actually loose more money on a Ranger. Don’t get me wrong I love mine and since I am in a family that has both I think I can speak from real experience and don’t the “I know a guy that knows a guy” theory. Besides if the Nitro is good enough for the best fisherman in the business I think its good enough for me.

Thanks for the info! Shows how little I know about boats
Old 02-23-10, 06:05 PM   #29
Vegasspider

No problem just my .02 worth I am sure others will disagree. Nitro has come a long way. [I][I](Just Google Ranger Boats rip off or reviews and see how many complaints come up. BBB has 300 on file. Great product but terrible buying experiance)

Quote:
Thanks for the info! Shows how little I know about boats
Old 02-23-10, 08:43 PM   #30
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Good info on the boats there. I will get me a glass boat sometime soon...
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 10:11 PM   #31
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorg View Post
Good info on the boats there. I will get me a glass boat sometime soon...

About a 90% chance I'll be goin aluminum
Old 02-24-10, 12:19 AM   #32
Rebbasser

My boat is a Nitro. Good boat, but the reason I bought it was not so much for the boat as for the trailer. It was the first with a swing away tongue, which I needed in order to keep it in the garage. Got the biggest one that would fit in the garage.
Old 02-24-10, 01:07 AM   #33
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
My boat is a Nitro. Good boat, but the reason I bought it was not so much for the boat as for the trailer. It was the first with a swing away tongue, which I needed in order to keep it in the garage. Got the biggest one that would fit in the garage.

I was lookin at Nitros in BPS. Unreal
Old 02-24-10, 12:04 PM   #34
eaglestrike09
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Cograts to the best

Congrats to Kevin
eaglestrike09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 12:11 PM   #35
screwballl

For $40,000 starting price, those high end Nitros better be nice.... you don't want a rusty jon boat for $40 K
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 11:07 PM   #36
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post

If you get the chance, I'd love to see a pic of your boat sometime.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-10, 12:39 AM   #37
Vegasspider

Default Win KVD's boat

Hopefully your local BP had a Z9 on the floor. My son has the blue one with dual counsel it is one beautiful piece. The trailer is great with the oil system in the hubs. Mine does get on plane a touch faster but he is still breaking his in and trying to settle on a prop. He is newly married so justifying a new prop is still a little tough for him.

Keeping in the spirit of this post take a look here you can win KVD’s boat. I would just like to know everything he forgot… One amazing stick. What’s the old saying, bet he could catch a fish in a mud puddle. http://contests.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=contests&cdn=hobbies&tm=7&gps=149_172 _1259_649&f=11&tt=11&bt=0&bts=0&zu=https%3A//www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPage%3FstoreId%3D10151%26catalogId%3D10001%26lan gId%3D-1%26appID%3D8524%26template%3Dus.cfm Man I am sure there is a shorter link somewhere…
I will post a pic of mine and my son’s boat. He keeps it here at my house. People ask me what do I need with two bass boats. I wish I could own both… LOL

Quote:
I was lookin at Nitros in BPS. Unreal
Old 02-25-10, 12:40 AM   #38
Vegasspider

Default Aluminum

Aluminum boats have come a long way. Did the one in the classifed section ever sell? That looked to be a great boat. I would buy one if I like on smaller water.

Quote:
About a 90% chance I'll be goin aluminum
Old 02-25-10, 01:00 AM   #39
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasspider View Post
Aluminum boats have come a long way. Did the one in the classifed section ever sell? That looked to be a great boat. I would buy one if I like on smaller water.

Hmmmmm.....can't seem to think of what boat you're talkin about. I'll hafta take a peek. In regards to your earlier post, they did have a Z9 on the floor. James Brown said it best...GOOD GOD Y'ALL!
Very impressive boat to say the least.
I was scared to even touch it lol

Oh, I think I got it! Yellow Triton that was in the classifieds? Sweet boat but too rich for my blood.
Old 03-03-10, 04:16 PM   #40
MallenManson

Well I just finished watchin the Classic. My first Classic actually. Color me hooked! That was 5 hours of pure fishing heaven.
I'm a KVD fan, since he's a Michigan Smallie guy, but next year I'm rootin for Kriet. He definitely deserves a win.
Not gonna change from KVD to Kriet, mind you, but I'd really like to see Kriet take one. ONLY one
Would have been amazing to be there in person
Old 03-03-10, 04:19 PM   #41
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Well I just finished watchin the Classic. My first Classic actually. Color me hooked! That was 5 hours of pure fishing heaven.
I'm a KVD fan, since he's a Michigan Smallie guy, but next year I'm rootin for Kriet. He definitely deserves a win.
Not gonna change from KVD to Kriet, mind you, but I'd really like to see Kriet take one. ONLY one
Would have been amazing to be there in person
I watched it again this weekend too. Man, I felt even worse for Kriet the second time around. I really hope that guy catches a break and wins a big one!
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-10, 04:24 PM   #42
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
I watched it again this weekend too. Man, I felt even worse for Kriet the second time around. I really hope that guy catches a break and wins a big one!

Yeah, after watchin' it, I could definitely see why so many here were pullin' for him.
Poor guy looked crushed

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.