Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-05, 09:42 AM   #1
River stumps
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Belly Boats

From reading some of your post I noted that some of you fish ponds and lakes. Some of you may or may not have boats...A few years back, my Brother-inn-law invited me to come to Wv and go trout fishing with him. The Lakes up there were stocked with trout. But he said there were no bass in the lake that we were going to fish that day. We used his jon boat to fish the Lake and caught some fair size trout. I'm not a trout man, and wanted to go bass fishing. His friend owned a farm with a huge pond that had some good keeper bass in it, along with some trout. Ed, My brother-inn-law has got some belly boats, something I have never used, they were nice. State of the art. Looked like a huge truck tire decorated with somekind of material. Had a place for tackle and a place to carry an extra rod, lunch and what have you. We took those belly boats to this pond. He taught me how to use this thing with flippers. We had a load of fun and got into places that we could have never gotten into with a small jon boat. If I were fishing a pond or lake that allowed the use of a belly boat, that is they way I would go. So you that were thinking of building a boat,. Check on these. Might be worth your time. Happy fishing.
Old 10-29-05, 11:19 AM   #2
scrap
BassFishin.Com Active Member

hobie cat has some neat models for pond, lake fishing with some possibility for river fishing too. propulsion is real slick, maneuvers well, and stable, down side is cost. check out their website.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.