Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-11, 04:51 PM   #1
screwballl
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default WARNING about Del-Mart Mold company

For those that make their own fishing equipment:

A friend on another fishing forum (Ken) ordered some molds from DEL MART, their address http://www.del-mart.com/shop/home.php
The order was placed back in November 2010 and as of today Ken has not received those molds. Every time Ken calls them they give him some bull story ie. "They were shipped to the wrong customer" or "they will be shipped by Friday and you will have them by next Tue" and so on and on. This has been going on for too long. Since Del-Mart has proven by their actions and lies to someone who is a sponsor at several bass fishing websites and forums, I recommend that we boycot their company. No one should be treated the way they have treated Fish Candy Bait Company and Ken.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 07:26 PM   #2
johnD
BassFishin.Com Member

Really sucks hope he stopped payment with the bank ?
johnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-11, 01:37 PM   #3
screwballl

Yeah he is working with the bank to stop/reverse payment and starting the process of a full on report with the Arizona BBB. Looking around other fishing forums, seems more and more people have been coming out of the woodwork with same/similar problems that all started around Aug/Sept 2010.
Old 02-14-11, 12:50 AM   #4
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Were these custom molds or ones that are stock on their website?
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 09:37 AM   #5
bkeenom
BassFishin.Com Member

I have heard of similar problems. Luckily I chose other vendors in the beginning off my venture and haven't had any problems.
bkeenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 03:41 PM   #6
screwballl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Were these custom molds or ones that are stock on their website?
From what I understand, it was both. The original order was 4 molds (2 stock, 2 custom) during their "buy 1 get 1 free" sale they had in Nov. As of his last several attempts to contact them, they claimed that 3 of the molds (2 stock and one custom) is ready to go, but they have been dodging actually sending the 3 out and notifying him when #4 (a custom) is ready.
Ken said he thinks that none of them are ready and it is just another line of bull due to others that have the same or similar claims of orders not being shipped/delivered.
Old 02-22-11, 04:40 PM   #7
screwballl

Latest update:

First, the friend of mine finally did get 3 of the 4 molds, 3 months later, and the lies continue about the 4th mold being "almost ready" and "should be shipped by Feb 18"...

Second and another major issue:

Apparently the business owner in question has been purposely joining the various fishing forums that ANY people have complained about his company. He has been using all sorts of nasty foul language in order to get the admins to close, remove or hide the threads in question. I have personally seen this on 3 good sized fishing forums I am a part of, and people are not happy that the admins did not just clean up the thread, instead they bowed down and completely removed/hid the forum threads.

People need to be aware of this scam artist so I hope Kevin doesn't fall victim to this scammer and his ploys to hide the truth.
Old 02-22-11, 05:02 PM   #8
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I haven't had any experience with them. But from what you are saying, they sound like a well ran establishment lol. Hope your buddy gets his 4th mold out of them.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-11, 01:24 AM   #9
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Good for you, SB. Keepin' us aware and from being bamboozled by swindlers is noble in my book.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.